Follow

Lucifer Morningstar

Character » Lucifer Morningstar appears in 261 issues.

Once the most powerful and most beautiful of all angels in existence and one of two beings fictionally accredited with the creation of the DC Multiverse, Lucifer was sent by The Presence to rule over Hell after he rebelled. After governing Hell for more than 10 billion years, he left to look for a way out of predestination, to escape Yahweh's Great Plan.

Lucifer (Vertigo) and Lucifer (New 52)

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rijehu

I am a huge fan of Angels and Devine beings so it is no shocker that I am a fan of the Morningstar and the the Demiurge, but this questions has been festering for a while. What in the heck happened to the nigh Omnipotent Lucifer of the Vertigo comics? He could literally do just about anything he could imagine and 99% of the beings he encountered feared him. Why does he seem less powerful and confident in the New 52 verse? I mean he is like waaaaaaaaaaaaaay depowered or something. Can anyone explain?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@rijehu: What comic has he appeared in?

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu: Never picked that title up, so I cant really answer. Have any scans of his appearance?

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rijehu

I'm new to this so I have yet learned how to post scans, but I have found some on Google. Type in Lucifer New 52 and compare his characteristics to the Vertigo version...there appears to be a drastic change in power. -- @sandman_ and @saint_rog_el I really want to reply to you guys but it says my post limit has been reached. What the heck is goin on here?

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SandMan_

I think he should acknowledge the change in reality. Motherf*cker was way to powerful. Pandora should have not alter him in any way without him knowing about it.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: I agree. Someone as wise as Lucifer should at least know that he is not the same as he once was. My theory was that the new universe was actually the one he created in the Lucifer series because he mentioned once that he may "play by the rules" sometimes, perhaps this indicates that he is simply toning his power on his own accord? How could half of the force that created the DC universe be depowered forcibly?

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu: So he is just playing around, in other words? ''Just to see what happens?'' Vertigo Lucifer could eat the entire new 52 universe for breakfast.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

@sandman_: I agree. Someone as wise as Lucifer should at least know that he is not the same as he once was. My theory was that the new universe was actually the one he created in the Lucifer series because he mentioned once that he may "play by the rules" sometimes, perhaps this indicates that he is simply toning his power on his own accord? How could half of the force that created the DC universe be depowered forcibly?

I agree with this. To me Luci would not waste his time playing with beings that are smaller than atoms to him.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

@saint_rog_el: Like Pandora?

Is she powerful? Dont know much about her but she doesnt seem powerful. Luci can take the big bang and not a hair out of place, so if you ask me this she must be strong.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_rog_el: Not really. That is why this is making me confused. Lucifer should know she altered reality....Just like The Phantom Stranger.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: Ah, thats why you asked. I misread what he wrote then. I dont think that this is the Luci we all love but more of a new 52 version. Lets be honest Luci would be to uncaring to deal with these guys and can destroy Mr Mxy (from what I understand but not sure). He would not fit in with the heroes of the universe as a villain. The only way would be when talked to with the magic users, like Constantine there wouldnt be a fight but more of a haggle to get information.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SandMan_
    Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: He really could. Lucifer is overpowered, yet he rarely shows it. I think he is one of the greatest characters ever.

loseup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is just like superman from silver age and superman now. or the celestials back then and now or, YEAH!! this one is more likely: classic strange and strange now

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By primebonnick

should lucifer even be affected by the reboot i mean he is out side of creation i think that was a flashback of him or something when he was ruler of hell. But yea i do agree new 52 did mess up

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
    Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Baron_von_Santa

lucifer can not be affected. his own powers are considerably greater than pandoras. that pandora is just an excuse for a recton. do you not see? all the over powered, multiversal people are now a bit more than universals, and lucifer was the greatest.

lucifer M--- now a planet buster, who is dim wittted

spectre---now is just an angry ghost

phantom stranger---now judas, instead of a fallen angel who became gods hope

ion---the hand of god is no more but a star buster

anti monitor---now just a galaxy buster

the DC and vertigo multiversals are getting weaker and weaker, but superman type characters are getting stronger, and the most powerful being in dc, is now just a god of 52 universes

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lucifer can not be affected. his own powers are considerably greater than pandoras. that pandora is just an excuse for a recton. do you not see? all the over powered, multiversal people are now a bit more than universals, and lucifer was the greatest.

lucifer M--- now a planet buster, who is dim wittted

spectre---now is just an angry ghost

phantom stranger---now judas, instead of a fallen angel who became gods hope

ion---the hand of god is no more but a star buster

anti monitor---now just a galaxy buster

the DC and vertigo multiversals are getting weaker and weaker, but superman type characters are getting stronger, and the most powerful being in dc, is now just a god of 52 universes

Oh Crap...I think you are right and this is terrible...

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

it's not the same character

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Really? Do you have proof? I hope that isn't the same character because the Vertigo Lucifer was awesome.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@rijehu said:

@jonny_anonymous: Really? Do you have proof? I hope that isn't the same character because the Vertigo Lucifer was awesome.

Proof? You can tell it's not the same character because they are 100% different, they are nothing alike. The DC one isn't even called Morningstar.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Although that makes sense, I am aware that these comics hardly use logic. I just hope they didn't remake him because it wouldn't make sense of any sort. He and Michael are equal in terms of power, being second only to God in DC. If Lucifer is now a Planet buster then that would make Michael a planet buster, which would be stupid because both of them created the entire DCU. So I have to say I'm siding with you on this one.

There is no way Lucifer would be affected by Pandora. This may be a closer Biblical based Lucifer made to threaten the Earth and the heroes there but the MORNINGSTAR better still be out there in that Universe he made.

addikhabbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Btw what happened to New 52 Lucifer?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.