Respond to PM first

#53 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"LMAO

Respond to PM first"
done

leaves for real
#54 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the best comics out there. Get it read sooooooooo better then sandman. OH gasp he said it out loud:p

#55 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
Final Arrow said:
"One of the best comics out there. Get it read sooooooooo better then sandman. OH gasp he said it out loud:p"
Bitch take that back
#56 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Well, I'm sure a fan. How couldn't I? As I'm a fan of almost anything from Vertigo that I've read.
#57 Posted by Hatman (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeez, was beginning to think I was the only person on the internet who'd actually read this series :P This place was bizarrely hard to find on Google... page after page of comic wikis with only a paragraph at most about Lucifer, no sites I could find, hardly anything on wikipedia... anyway.

My first encounter with the series was a long time ago, when I was about 10-11. I picked up Children and Monsters from my local library because it looked cool (they had a pretty good but very random comics selection) and I think it might have scarred and corrupted my youth forever. So after reading Sandman a few weeks ago, I figured, hey, why not... and devoured the whole series in the span of a week or two. Might be partly nostalgia talking, but I think I might... I might like it better than Sandman. Though I haven't re-read that one yet, so opinions might change.

But yeah, this was an amazing comic. Slightly iffy on the absolute ending, though. (spoilers follow)

Lucifer is driven by infinite will, is infinite will, and then once everything's resolved, he just up and leaves creation forever, in order to... stop existing? It left me kind of confused, it didn't really seem to mesh with his character. Yeah, it was the ultimate act of escaping from creation, but as far as I can tell, when it comes down to it, he basically just commits suicide.

(end)

#58 Posted by m0ntyb0y (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer is something special, no comic I ever read hooked me as much as Lucifer did, the story drew me in more than any other comic managed to do, the story-telling was on a different level, most comics I read  have nice art but lack an interesting, deep, mature, memorable, thoroughly engrossing story

Lucifer really showed me how much potential a comic has in skilled hands

Since I read Lucifer, I've been reading Sandman. It's good too, but in my opinion, not as good as Lucifer

#59 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: you know what's ironic...we like the devil in this comic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.