Check Out The Latest 'The Lone Ranger' Teaser And Movie Poster

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're not a football fan and you don't happen to be one of the millions of people in America who plan on tuning in to watch the big game this coming Sunday, this bit of news might just change your mind. During this Sunday's game a 90-second TV spot for Disney's upcoming The Lone Ranger will premiere during the pre-game show. That's right, 90 more seconds of Johnny Depp as Tonto and Armie Hammer as John Reid before their film hits theaters on July 3rd.

If that's not enough to convince you, then maybe you should take a look at the teaser for the upcoming TV spot as well as the film's latest movie poster. The Lone Ranger is produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and is directed by Gore Verbinski. The film is told from the perspective of Tonto -- a Spirit Warrior played by Depp -- who tells the story of how John Reid went from being a "man of the law" to a vigilante of the West. What do you think of the teaser? Are you looking forward to the film?

== TEASER ==

Source: Superherohype and Yahoo

#1 Posted by mattitude22 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

looks good so far

#2 Posted by ShadowMonkey (70 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mean to be a jerk, but I am soooo Johnny Depp'd out.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33452 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't even.... ugh

#4 Posted by dondave (37460 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it a TV movie

#5 Edited by bob808 (6775 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope this does not in up like the Green Hornet movie.

Johnny Depp as Tonto why?

#6 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

@bob808 said:

John Depp as Tonto why?

My thoughts exactly.

#7 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Is it a TV movie

No. It's a theatrical release

#8 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@bob808 said:

because there is no God.

I mean the whole bird on the head thing is because Johnny saw a painting and didn't realize the bird was flying BEHIND the guy's head not sitting ON it.

Johnny Depp is over-rated and needs to learn to say "no" to Disney and Tim Burton.

#9 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

Tonto's headdress looks stupid. I wasn't around when the first series aired, but the few images I could find didn't have him wearing so much makeup or a bird on his head. Why does it seem that Johnny Depp is always wearing makeup in any role he gets?

#10 Posted by dondave (37460 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude:Oh, Cool

#11 Posted by fables87 (1003 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShadowMonkey said:

^This.

#12 Posted by bunchofnumbers (26 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder at what point during the production they realized this movie would make Green Lantern look like a blockbuster. Probably before Green Lantern even came out.

#13 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3136 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm watching this for sure

@ShadowMonkey said:

lol I'm looking forward to this and the new pirates film

#14 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7853 posts) - - Show Bio

This is crap......

#15 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6360 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who chuckled and rolled his eyes when Depp uttered "Kimosabe" ?

I mean, wrong, just ... wrong.

#16 Posted by Bad_People (163 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I could never see Jonny Depp again and be fine.

#17 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really willing to give this a try. I just hope it doesn't disappoint.

#18 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

@bob808 said:

@Fantasgasmic said:

@bob808 said:

because there is no God.

I mean the whole bird on the head thing is because Johnny saw a painting and didn't realize the bird was flying BEHIND the guy's head not sitting ON it.

Johnny Depp is over-rated and needs to learn to say "no" to Disney and Tim Burton.

Disney is whitewashing the role for a new era. All the good native american actors must be extinct or some such.

#19 Posted by dementedtheclown (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Johnny Depp is a white guy....

#20 Posted by Mucklefluga (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

So much Johnny Depp hate jesus...

#21 Edited by kid Apollo (714 posts) - - Show Bio

the movie poster doesnt look bad at all, but i find it annoying that Johnnys Depp's name is first, i understand he's the bigger of the two actors but if hes not THE LONE RANGER then he shouldnt be first imo. adn that superbowl trailer sucks, doesnt show anything about the movie aside from a train and the obvisous 'Kemosabe' line

btw does anyone think this movie could be a 100 times better if Disney wasnt behind it? did anyone see Prince of Persia, another movie that could have been awesome but got watered down by Disneys b.s.

#22 Posted by diarraharris3 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@bob808: he just wanted too. While he has native american ancestry you wouldn't know it by just looking at him so I find it interesting that the film makers didn't at least try to find a native american actor.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.