Follow

Loki

Character » Loki appears in 2202 issues.

Loki is the Jötunn/Asgardian God of Mischief and Prince of Lies, the adopted son of Odin and typically nemesis of his brother, Thor, as well as the adoptive brother to former Guardian of the Galaxy, Angela. Loki has schemed against Thor and Asgard for ages and his cosmic meddling led to the formation of the Avengers. Recently reincarnated, he decided to reform. Going on to protect the realms as the agent of Asgard, then as the sorcerer supreme, to defeating Laufey and becoming king of Jotunnheim.

Why is Loki such a useless wimp?

• 121 results
    HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#101  Edited By HolySerpent

Loki was King of Asgard. Using his cunning and devious ways. Lol how is he useless? He essentially not only ruled a planet (realm), but THE planet, Asgard. Let me know when Zod, Bane, or Joker rule a planet in any way shape or form.

Out of all of the villains seen on film, Loki is definitely the most accomplished. And he didn't even use brawn to do it.

@wolverine08: Me too

Talia and bane >>>> loki.

Also King of Asgard? Where are you getting this from. Odin was the king of asgard. Thor was banish by Odin, then Odin went into "Odin Sleep". leaving Loki being temporary leader since he was his son (adopted, but still his son). he wasn't the king since Odin still lived and he was recognized as such. the only trickery he did was keeping thor banish which he failed at. and also killing the frost giants leader.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@cheesesticks: He nearly destroyed an entire World. Home of the Frost Giants.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@holyserpent: Did Gotham get destroyed? Looks like Bane and Talia failed too..your point?

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By CheeseSticks
    henrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By henrik

Loki is not useless, but he is no match for the Avengers. Without the Cosmic Cube, he is not a big threat. (I only mean this for the movies, of course.)

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@cheesesticks: He took over France. Just got stopped by some of the most powerful people on the planet. Bane and Talia got beaten by a got who could barely walk and had been outta practice for 8 years

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By shatiquego582

@holyserpent: what am I making up sir please tell me

Cause here is Loki and thors fight in Asgard right here watch it and you'll see Loki isn't a wimp nore is he useless http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=59qoIFbAAzE

Should I post the avengers fight too

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By shatiquego582

@cheesesticks: idk how about bring and alien race to earth and cause millions of dollars of property damage and killing innocent people, police officers, and armed forces and putting earth on high alert and putting together the avengers

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shatiquego582: Can you read, because i just gave you a detail information why Loki wasnt the King Asgard.

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By shatiquego582

@holyserpent: I didn't say he was king I was saying that thor dint beat him easily or at all and I edited my message check it again

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki killed 80 people in two days.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shatiquego582: first let me say im sorry for being rude. It was a miscommunication. Now the thor vs hulk fight was a stalemate. Hulk didnt dominate the fight. they both got hits off.

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holyserpent: it's all good bro I mean when hulk left to take down the jet thor was still on the floor in pain so that's why I see it as a very small win for hulk

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By novi_homines

@holyserpent said:

@novi_homines said:

Loki was King of Asgard. Using his cunning and devious ways. Lol how is he useless? He essentially not only ruled a planet (realm), but THE planet, Asgard. Let me know when Zod, Bane, or Joker rule a planet in any way shape or form.

Out of all of the villains seen on film, Loki is definitely the most accomplished. And he didn't even use brawn to do it.

@wolverine08: Me too

Talia and bane >>>> loki.

Also King of Asgard? Where are you getting this from. Odin was the king of asgard. Thor was banish by Odin, then Odin went into "Odin Sleep". leaving Loki being temporary leader since he was his son (adopted, but still his son). he wasn't the king since Odin still lived and he was recognized as such. the only trickery he did was keeping thor banish which he failed at. and also killing the frost giants leader.

He was the King of Asgard.

He sat on the throne.

They called him "my king"., whenever they spoke to him.

Everyone had to bow to him (including the warriors three).

Heimdall had to answer to him.

Asgardian security (along with the destroyer) belonged to him.

So answer me this one question: Why exactly do you consider him to not ever be King of Asgard?

No matter how long it was, which we don't get a sense of because we don't really know exactly how long thor was on earth, loki was still king. He lost because it ALWAYS happens to villains. Lol that's just their nature, to lose. Bane and talia failed at destroying new york, the joker ultimately failed at making the world turn on batman (they put a statue up of batman, lol), and zod was never close to ruling earth.

But they all were successful for a short period of time, which makes all of them great villains. But i'm just saying that when comparing what they were successful at for that brief amount of time, nothing tops being King of Asgard. I think that's something all sane people can agree on. Asgard essentially holds the fate of the entire universe and all the nine realms, that encompasses everything in existence. At least in the Marvel Universe.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I'd agree the movie version of Loki is a useless wimp.

However, comicbook Loki is pretty cool.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think the most plain and simple answer would be, because he isnt...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd agree the movie version of Loki is a useless wimp.

However, comicbook Loki is pretty cool.

Agree! but i think thor 2 will make him cooler

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's not even that bad of a fighter but when your main foe is Thor sure you're not gonna look too great

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was turned into a sissy in Avengers.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I think the character of Loki is interesting but at Marvel he is historically portrayed as the villian and as such eventually has to be defeated by the heroes. Reciently as kid Loki in Journey into Mystery and Young Avengers he has become more of a helpful trickster rather than a full on force of evil. Now that he is being aged more and getting a solo series as an Agent of Adgard we will see if he remains helpful or will his jealously of Thor push him to becoming evil once again.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By dum529001

hmm...

homosexuality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he is not a physical god duh.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.