Why is Loki such a useless wimp?

• 120 results
#51 Posted by Chibi_cute (3870 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah he is such a useless wimp.. I hate how they portray him in the avengers you couldn't even feel that hes a threat and then gets stomped by hulk like a sissy boy.

Bane >>>>>> loki.

#52 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2951 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibi_cute: Need I remind you of how easily Cat Woman killed Bane? He didn't exactly get a graceful exit either.

#53 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

Catwoman = the Hulk?

#54 Posted by MonsterStomp (13192 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibi_cute: Need I remind you of how easily Cat Woman killed Bane? He didn't exactly get a graceful exit either.

Loki didn't succeed at anything...

Bane beat up Batman and took over the city for a good 5 months.

#55 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2951 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity said:

Loki took over Asgard more or less without trying and caused some 160 billion in property damage with a hand me down army that would realistically get creamed against a modern military.

#56 Edited by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

He could've had Thor there but he choked. "I saved father and Thor wants to hurt me for it!"

#57 Posted by MonsterStomp (13192 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

Loki took over Asgard more or less without trying and caused some 160 billion in property damage with a hand me down army that would realistically get creamed against a modern military.

Thor was banished and Odin was weak. Anyone could take over at that point. Loki just had the balls to step up. Also, Loki didn't do much in the Avengers. His plan was to split the team up. Failed. His team opened the portal... He was displayed very poorly in the films.

#58 Posted by wolverine1610 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki isnt the god of strength, his power lies in making plans and manipulating people behind the scene, in the comics he has gone hand to hand and beaten thor by augmenting his strength with magic. anyhoo you know in the avengers the tesseract or the cosmic cube as its more commonly known in the comics allows for major reality warping at most and matter and energy manipulation at least, every second he had it everyone was in danger and if he wasnt using it for whatever thanos and the chintari wanted he could have been a bigger threat than he already was

#59 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Posted by JonSmith (3834 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's take a quick tally:

In Thor:

• Ruin Thor's Crowning Day by letting in Frost Giants without causing any real damage: Success
  • Trick Thor into going to Jotunheim to get him into more trouble: Success (Beyond Expectations)
  • Convince Thor that Odin has died to break his spirit and stop him from WANTING to return: Success
  • Convince the Warrior's Three (and Sif) not to go to Midgard for Thor: Fail
  • Let in Laufey to stop him and solidify his rule as King of Asgard: Success
  • Set off the Bifrost to destroy Jotunheim: Fail

In Avengers:

• Get to Midgard: Success
  • Grab a potential Avenger: Success
  • Get away with the Tesseract: Success
  • Get what's needed to stabilize a Tesseract Portal: Success
  • Confront Avengers to give Hawkeye time to get away, get captured: Success
  • Turn them against each other: Success
  • Wreck the Helicarrier to slow down response time to the Tesseract: Success
  • Get rid of the Hulk: Success (Initially)
  • Kill someone close to make it personal and bring them out to play: Success
  • Create the Tesseract Portal and cause general havoc: Success
  • Beat the Avengers to break Midgard's spirit: Fail

All in all, I'd say his successes outweigh his failures. How is he useless?

#61 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4465 posts) - - Show Bio

Because his abilities aren't in his muscles.

#62 Posted by Veshark (8544 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: he's a "dirty half breed"

Um, he's full-Frost Giant, he has no mixed blood whatsoever. He's not even Asgardian, it's just that he was born stunted by Giant standards.

#63 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Posted by Veshark (8544 posts) - - Show Bio
#65 Edited by DarkDay (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

@wolverine08: What? That's a ridiculous explanation. Hulk turned because Hawkeye bumped the carrier. No idea why Banner was holding the sceptre, he was getting worked up, but nothing suggests he was being controlled by the sceptre.

I'd point out that it was most likely more scepter than anything else or did you not notice how all of the Avengers were at each others throats. That's not to say that they were buddies or anything before, but the scepter was obviously forcing emotions to run high for the entire group and that's why when it was over everyone was sort of surprised at just how fiery they'd been toward one another. I don't think it really needed to be explained.

Also, this.

Loki is a god of plans, deceit, and manipulation, if he gets into a fistfight with Thor, a god of hitting things angrily, or Hulk, a walking nuclear bomb, something has gone horribly, horribly wrong.

#66 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@vercingetorixthegreat: lex is usually in a business suit. Loki is dressed for battle and still sucks

Lex Luthor never has to fight Supes hand to hand because he is an ant (in terms of strength). Loki could still take a few punches from Thor and put up a fight... Kind of like Joker can put up a fight to Batman... Is he going to win? No but he can survive unlike Lex.

Put Loki against a regular guy (batman, lex) and that mortal is toast.

#67 Posted by HolySerpent (12340 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately Loki didn't come across as a trickster either,more like loser god.

Hiddleston was great but the writing sold the character short,clearly he was meant to be a punching bag.

Agreed.

Also am i the only one who thinks Loki in the avengers movie was no threat at all. He either got outsmarted or knock around by every avenger.

#68 Posted by novi_homines (1321 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: What? That's a ridiculous explanation. Hulk turned because Hawkeye bumped the carrier. No idea why Banner was holding the sceptre, he was getting worked up, but nothing suggests he was being controlled by the sceptre.

My god. Lol I never knew people were this lost on things in the Avengers. Loki was the reason why Hulk went crazy. Lol what movie were you watching?

#69 Edited by Wolverine08 (26819 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Edited by novi_homines (1321 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki was King of Asgard. Using his cunning and devious ways. Lol how is he useless? He essentially not only ruled a planet (realm), but THE planet, Asgard. Let me know when Zod, Bane, or Joker rule a planet in any way shape or form.

Out of all of the villains seen on film, Loki is definitely the most accomplished. And he didn't even use brawn to do it.

@wolverine08: Me too

#72 Posted by Wolverine08 (26819 posts) - - Show Bio

Psshh, Loki isn't useless.

#73 Posted by novi_homines (1321 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkday said:

@monsterstomp said:

I'd point out that it was most likely more scepter than anything else or did you not notice how all of the Avengers were at each others throats. That's not to say that they were buddies or anything before, but the scepter was obviously forcing emotions to run high for the entire group and that's why when it was over everyone was sort of surprised at just how fiery they'd been toward one another. I don't think it really needed to be explained.

Also, this.

Loki is a god of plans, deceit, and manipulation, if he gets into a fistfight with Thor, a god of hitting things angrily, or Hulk, a walking nuclear bomb, something has gone horribly, horribly wrong.

Also, to add on this, are people forgetting that Thor and Hulk are THE two most powerful heroes strength wise in all of Marvel. Lol I hope people aren't forgetting that. I hope people also aren't forgetting how he embarrassed CAP when they were fighting. Lol. It just depends on who he fights. When he fights shield agents with Nick Fury & Hawkeye, or Cap, he dominates them. When he fights Hulk and Thor, he doesn't. As it should be.

#74 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6083 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly didn't think movie Loki was that terrible.

They could have portrayed him worse, but whatever.

I still dig his helmet of awesomeness.

#75 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (4531 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: The scepter was glowing brighter as the entire team argued, they even did a close up of it while their voices intertwined..watch movie again

#76 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (4531 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Loki stomped Captain America, a SHIELD team including Fury and Hawkeye, and fought Thor without much damage even after getting whooped. If he is so weak..you fight him. Oh and don't say you need powers cuz if he is a weakling, it shouldn't matter.

EDIT: Loki managed to get Frost Giants into Asgard without Heimdell knowing about it. You know the guy that can see as far as creation. Odin is tied to the realm and didn't feel a disturbance. Which means Loki could leave Asgard without the Bifrost. Don't sound useless to me. Oh and wimp? Wimps don't provoke Viking Thunder gods, Giant Nuclear rage beast, and stand and take bullets. I seem to remember a certain blonde God hiding from bullets.

#77 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines:

I thought that was clearly shown.

It was. Some people think by covering their eyes, what's happening in front of them isn't. They are special.

#78 Posted by Darling_Luna (1171 posts) - - Show Bio
#79 Posted by MonsterStomp (13192 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkday said:

@monsterstomp said:

Also, this.

It would be a plot hole if anything then. A major one considering that it changed the tide of the film.

I can't remember who started the argument, but even still, nothing in the movie explains Loki's sceptre at all. All we got from it was his ability to control minds via touching of the chest. THAT'S IT. It really did need more explaining, whoever defends that is ignorant.

#80 Posted by MonsterStomp (13192 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Loki stomped Captain America, a SHIELD team including Fury and Hawkeye, and fought Thor without much damage even after getting whooped. If he is so weak..you fight him. Oh and don't say you need powers cuz if he is a weakling, it shouldn't matter.

Wow. I knew I was going to be hated on for my comment but jeez. Never expected such a 5 year old response.

#81 Edited by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki's plan was so stupid. Did he really think just because he split the team up that they won't try to stop his attack on New York? Also why didn't he have anyone guarding the Sceptre. He was a great villain in Thor but in the Avengers movie he sucked.

#82 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (4531 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Lol Sorry even I realized how childish that was. I had not slept for more then an hour for 2 Days when I replied. Plus, Iz a bit sensitive bout my Villians man. Lol

#83 Posted by MonsterStomp (13192 posts) - - Show Bio
#84 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (4531 posts) - - Show Bio
#85 Posted by rugrat (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: Loki had magical blasts and asgaurdian armor and durability movie cap couldn't really stand a chance

#86 Edited by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@rugrat: he also doesn't have powers, that's like saying that Steve Trevor couldn't take Ares.

#87 Edited by rugrat (174 posts) - - Show Bio
#88 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio
#89 Edited by Darling_Luna (1171 posts) - - Show Bio
#90 Posted by Pope052 (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33:

The God of Mischief, wouldn't be brawling it out with his opponents..

Answer me this:

Do you like the Joker?

#91 Edited by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio
#92 Edited by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio
#93 Posted by Pope052 (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33:

That's not what I asked, I asked do you like him or not?

#94 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio
#95 Posted by Pope052 (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33:

Joker cannot hope to take Batman in pure H2H combat, just like Loki cannot take Thor in pure H2H combat.

Loki is not useless, just because he doesn't mindlessly brawl it out like the Hulk or Thor.

Flash is nowhere near Superman's lifting strength, does that mean Flash is a useless wimp too?

#96 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052: flash is not supermans villain, not is he the villain facing a big superhero team

#97 Posted by shatiquego582 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki was never as good of a warrior as thor even in the comics but he was better with spells and illusions that was his strong suit Loki was always a more hands off kinda villian who stayed in the background and he was represented perfectly in thor and the avengers you never knew what he was gonna do and what was his next play which kept the avengers on their feet obviously this guy doesn't know what he's talking about and needs to buy a truck full of thor comics and anyone else who disagrees I mean when someone is called the god of MISCHIEF they are good at MISCHIEF and NOT FIGHTINGbut by no means is Loki a bad fighter I think you are forgetting that he was giving thor a hard time on the bifrost bridge and hulk was making thor his bitch threw their fight but thor just happened to get a couple good hits in that we saw

#98 Posted by shatiquego582 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

@cheesesticks: so the guy who has taken over Asgard and is a threat to earth and has caused the creation of the avengers and the main reason they came together is a small threat ok their buddy

#99 Posted by CheeseSticks (2268 posts) - - Show Bio

@cheesesticks: so the guy who has taken over Asgard and is a threat to earth and has caused the creation of the avengers and the main reason they came together is a small threat ok their buddy

He WAS a big threat. When was the last time he make something big?

#100 Edited by HolySerpent (12340 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki was never as good of a warrior as thor even in the comics but he was better with spells and illusions that was his strong suit Loki was always a more hands off kinda villian who stayed in the background and he was represented perfectly in thor and the avengers you never knew what he was gonna do and what was his next play which kept the avengers on their feet obviously this guy doesn't know what he's talking about and needs to buy a truck full of thor comics and anyone else who disagrees I mean when someone is called the god of MISCHIEF they are good at MISCHIEF and NOT FIGHTINGbut by no means is Loki a bad fighter I think you are forgetting that he was giving thor a hard time on the bifrost bridge and hulk was making thor his bitch threw their fight but thor just happened to get a couple good hits in that we saw

No he was not. Stop making stuff up. Loki is ridiculous. He literally had no chance Against the avengers. Thor could have beaten himself

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.