Why is Loki such a useless wimp?

• 120 results
#1 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, in Thor, he was mad that he was a tragic mulatto, who got beaten pretty easily. In Avengers, he sucks ass, plain and simple. Isn't he supposed to be a threat?

#2 Posted by Wolverine08 (40563 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki's threat is his cerebral mind, not his physical strength. Why do you always make threads like these?

#3 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Puny God.

#4 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

He's the god of Mischief, not the god of Hand to Hand Combat.

He deals in misdirection and illusion. If he fights physically, then his plans have already failed.

#5 Posted by Cr4pSnip3r (302 posts) - - Show Bio

He is a useless wimp, I agree.

#6 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Pyrogram (36304 posts) - - Show Bio

He's the god of Mischief, not the god of Hand to Hand Combat.

He deals in misdirection and illusion. If he fights physically, then his plans have already failed.

This :D

#8 Edited by DarkDay (565 posts) - - Show Bio
You heard the man, he's number 7.

#9 Edited by KingOfAsh (3571 posts) - - Show Bio

When was the last time a useless wimp killed their own father?

#10 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1197 posts) - - Show Bio

A useless wimp that almost conquered the planet. His power is in his tactical mind and it has proven to be quite an effective tool. Tell me exactly how it would've helped him take over the planet if he was a little better at fisticuffs.

#11 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@theocitylegend: might have kept him from being the Hulk's bitch

Ares would destroy Loki, and so would a certain Amazon princess

#12 Edited by russellmania77 (14827 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: than y is he not strong like thor

you saw how captain america was hitting him with his hardest shots and didnt even hurt him

#13 Posted by lilben42 (2526 posts) - - Show Bio

His plan kinda sucked. I mean I could've made a better plan.

#14 Edited by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by JetiiMitra (8359 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you read comics or....?

#17 Edited by w0nd (3208 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you read comics or....?

He's probably talking about the movie and only the movie

#18 Posted by Nefarious (19515 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki is much like Satan. Both don'f fight physcially but cause mischief and misdirection.

#19 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

Just wait till you see what he does in Thor 2 :P

anyway only an idiot would want Loki to beat up Thor with his fists.... That is like saying Joker is a crappy villain or Lex Luthor because they can't just go and beat up there villains...

You must like villains like Abomination.

#20 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio

#22 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@tektheninja: or he's just sad because of how much of a weakling he's been made out to be

#23 Posted by MonsterStomp (16673 posts) - - Show Bio

I hated Loki as well. He didn't do anything that was cunningly smart.

#24 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by MonsterStomp (16673 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by kriminal (646 posts) - - Show Bio

loki is the god of mischief. he manipulates people into giving him what he wants. in the movie he was awesome.

#27 Posted by The Stegman (23752 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki said my now favorite insult, "Mewling Quim" which I use as often as I can, that's all I can ask for from him.

#28 Edited by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by ComicStooge (12398 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, in Thor, he was mad that he was a tragic mulatto, who got beaten pretty easily. In Avengers, he sucks ass, plain and simple. Isn't he supposed to be a threat?

I kind of agree with this.

#31 Posted by Wolverine08 (40563 posts) - - Show Bio

Controlling Hulk through the cepter and making him almost completely blow the Shield Helicarrier out of the sky wasn't cunning?

#32 Posted by MonsterStomp (16673 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

Controlling Hulk through the cepter and making him almost completely blow the Shield Helicarrier out of the sky wasn't cunning?

How was he controlling Hulk through the sceptre? If he was then that is a major plot hole. Also, Hawkeye was responsible for blowing the Helicarrier out of the sky...

#33 Posted by Wolverine08 (40563 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@monsterstomp said:

How was he controlling Hulk through the sceptre? If he was then that is a major plot hole. Also, Hawkeye was responsible for blowing the Helicarrier out of the sky...

As Banner stated throughout the movie, he had a tight lid on the Hulk and could perfectly control him. When he was ranting about how the Avengers were a time bomb he held the scepter, which allowed Loki control over him like it did with Hawkeye. And Hulk would have probably destroyed the Helicarrier if he hadn't been blown out, so it was a combined effort between him and Hawkeye...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

#34 Posted by Bruxae (13119 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he is marvel.

#35 Posted by CheeseSticks (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

Agree with the OP. Loki is a small threat.

#36 Posted by Perethorn (3281 posts) - - Show Bio

He is adopted.

#37 Posted by MonsterStomp (16673 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: What? That's a ridiculous explanation. Hulk turned because Hawkeye bumped the carrier. No idea why Banner was holding the sceptre, he was getting worked up, but nothing suggests he was being controlled by the sceptre.

#38 Edited by Wolverine08 (40563 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp:

It was a combination from the bump and the spectre. But if you disagree, whatever.

#39 Posted by MonsterStomp (16673 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I disagree because it was unexplained. Banner was getting worked up because everyone was arguing, Hawkeye bumped the carrier, Banner turns into Hulk. That is the only thing we see. Hardly a feat of Loki's cunning..

#40 Posted by Wolverine08 (40563 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, don't feed the troll.

#42 Posted by entropy_aegis (15061 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately Loki didn't come across as a trickster either,more like loser god.

Hiddleston was great but the writing sold the character short,clearly he was meant to be a punching bag.

#43 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a tiny frost giant, and he's awesome.

#44 Posted by PowerHerc (82612 posts) - - Show Bio

Because that's his role.

Loki was essentially created to be the opposite of Thor, therefore he is (among other things) sneaky, devious, ignoble and non-physical.

#45 Edited by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki totally could've had Hulk but he choked. He should've lied about bombs placed in an orphanage that detonate if Hulk touches Loki.

#46 Posted by MonsterStomp (16673 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Edited by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: you gotta admit, that confusion caused quite an unexpected opening. I was shocked too.

#48 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

....How is he a mulatto?

#49 Posted by MonsterStomp (16673 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: you gotta admit, that confusion caused quite an unexpected opening. I was shocked too.

At first I was like: Mad!

Then I was like: Wait... WTF!?

#50 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki is a god of plans, deceit, and manipulation, if he gets into a fistfight with Thor, a god of hitting things angrily, or Hulk, a walking nuclear bomb, something has gone horribly, horribly wrong.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.