Follow

Loki

Character » Loki appears in 2202 issues.

Loki is the Jötunn/Asgardian God of Mischief and Prince of Lies, the adopted son of Odin and typically nemesis of his brother, Thor, as well as the adoptive brother to former Guardian of the Galaxy, Angela. Loki has schemed against Thor and Asgard for ages and his cosmic meddling led to the formation of the Avengers. Recently reincarnated, he decided to reform. Going on to protect the realms as the agent of Asgard, then as the sorcerer supreme, to defeating Laufey and becoming king of Jotunnheim.

Loki: Agent of Asgard Discussion

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack
    No Caption Provided

Talk about the Loki: AoA series here!

I just caught up in the book today after I got around to reading the Original Sin Loki & Thor 1-4 tie in, and since it made a reference to Kid Loki it got me interested in trying the book since the end of Kid Loki's story in Journey into Mystery was incredibly dark and depressing and I have been hoping on the story getting continued after seeing Kid Loki is still inside of his body as a passenger in Young Avengers. I have to say this book is really fun and smart, and it keeps making references to all my favorite stories about Kid Loki.(Freeing Surtur, The New Mutants story, pissing off Mephsito a few times, etc.) The whole idea that Loki now has a sword that can break through any lie it makes me really hopeful the it will lead to Kid Loki regaining his body some how. I feel like since the writer has teased and referenced Kid Loki almost every issue that it has to be point to his return. Not to mention them talking about Loki's role in Axis having a "huge Loki moment for fans"

My current theory is that since the main villian of this story is Old Loki the Loki that will be, and the current Loki is trying to not become that Loki... maybe he will sacrifice himself just to win, and not become the evil Loki so that Kid Loki will get control of his body again.

This is for sure one of my favorite titles right now.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Was Agent of Asgard put on hold? I haven't seen it in the stores for a while. Just want to make sure I am not missing issues coming out.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Teerack

My god issue 10 was something I have been waiting years for. It was by far my favorite comic this week and it was just so good. This is one of the best Thor moments ever and I loved how it flashed back all the way JIM 645.

greenlucario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I really love Agent of Asgard, but I didn't understand the most recent issue (#10) in some parts. Would reading all or part of Kieron Gillen's Journey into Mystery help clear things up? And is there a specific jumping on point because I'm not sure I want to get both of the trades that are out for it?

skaldadottir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenlucario: Yes, it would. The entire crime that cannot be forgiven starts with Gillen's JIM run. To best understand the current Loki I think that run, followed by Young Avengers (I think it's volume 2), is necessary, because they directly lead into one another. Also, that Journey into Mystery run is a great run in and of its own (Young Avengers is eh but has some important Loki stuff).

greenlucario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked these books very well done...

A lighter tone and some good humor that is always a plus.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I definitely need to pick up the JIM run, only have the trade for Everything Burns so a quite a few issues I'm missing.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got the Guillen JITM vol 1 trade a couple days ago and I'm already nearly finished, kind of a bit dark but still manages to be a fun, engaging read.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

That last issue was amazing

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By GreenScar1990

@teerack: The saddest thing about this thread?

There's hardly any news posting/links.

And even more disheartening?

There's very few commenting on this incredible series. It's quite honestly one of the best titles on the shelves. I just finished the last issue... and much like JiM, I'm very sad to see it come to an end. I only hope Ewing and Garbett return to Loki & Verity in the future with an all-new ongoing series.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I miss the real Loki.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: The saddest thing about this thread?

There's hardly any news posting/links.

And even more disheartening?

There's very few commenting on this incredible series. It's quite honestly one of the best titles on the shelves. I just finished the last issue... and much like JiM, I'm very sad to see it come to an end. I only hope Ewing and Garbett return to Loki & Verity in the future with an all-new ongoing series.

Yeah. I feel like the JiM book was super well received but the Young Avengers series that it lead into was really horrible and it seriously hurt Loki's follower.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: This is a "different" Loki changed for a new audience. The real Loki is gone and I don't see him coming back.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@dernman: And yet Old Loki was still in the book...

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dernman

@dernman: And yet Old Loki was still in the book...

Was is the highlighted word. Regardless the real Loki isn't Loki anymore, He's just a time displaced alt future king version.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.