Follow

Loki

Character » Loki appears in 2202 issues.

Loki is the Jötunn/Asgardian God of Mischief and Prince of Lies, the adopted son of Odin and typically nemesis of his brother, Thor, as well as the adoptive brother to former Guardian of the Galaxy, Angela. Loki has schemed against Thor and Asgard for ages and his cosmic meddling led to the formation of the Avengers. Recently reincarnated, he decided to reform. Going on to protect the realms as the agent of Asgard, then as the sorcerer supreme, to defeating Laufey and becoming king of Jotunnheim.

Journey Into Mystery and Loki... A Perfect Fit?

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
    TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheWitchingHour

I suppose if you haven't been keeping up with Journey Into Mystery there will be some spoilers below..... BEWARE!!!!!!

I have to say I was wonderfully surprised when I stumbled upon the Fear Itself tie-in featuring Loki and his "Magic Secret Action Squad!" in Journey Into Mystery #629. It seemed wonderfully paced and just goofy enough to suspend my disbelief. And I loved the distinction between Man's history and God's myth and how Loki was able to use that to his advantage against the Serpent. I went back through the rest of the tie-in issues and kid Loki just kept impressing me more and more. His dealings with Mephisto and Hela in Hell and all the twists and turns he went through to successfully sabotage the evil Asgard floating towards Broxton. His acquisition of "Twilight's Shadow" and the Destroyer armor not to mention the Disír was to put it mildly friggin' sweet. In fact the only complaint I have is they seemed to finish up the Fear Itself tie-in issues too quickly. I believe that Loki's grand scheme warranted an extra issue, especially since Fear Itself, itself was such a letdown. I thought it was simply silly for the most part and that might be why I gravitated towards Journey so easily. I think Loki is a wonderful protagonist and hope to see much more of him in the issues to come.

I guess my main point is that I love when villains temporarily become the protagonists of major titles, the two prime examples being Loki's presence in Journey Into Mystery and Lex Luthor's run on Action Comics. What do you guys think of villains or reformed villains taking over titles like these?

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Soulstealer

@TheWitchingHour said:

I suppose if you haven't been keeping up with Journey Into Mystery there will be some spoilers below..... BEWARE!!!!!!

I have to say I was wonderfully surprised when I stumbled upon the Fear Itself tie-in featuring Loki and his "Magic Secret Action Squad!" in Journey Into Mystery #629. It seemed wonderfully paced and just goofy enough to suspend my disbelief. And I loved the distinction between Man's history and God's myth and how Loki was able to use that to his advantage against the Serpent. I went back through the rest of the tie-in issues and kid Loki just kept impressing me more and more. His dealings with Mephisto and Hela in Hell and all the twists and turns he went through to successfully sabotage the evil Asgard floating towards Broxton. His acquisition of "Twilight's Shadow" and the Destroyer armor not to mention the Disír was to put it mildly friggin' sweet. In fact the only complaint I have is they seemed to finish up the Fear Itself tie-in issues too quickly. I believe that Loki's grand scheme warranted an extra issue, especially since Fear Itself, itself was such a letdown. I thought it was simply silly for the most part and that might be why I gravitated towards Journey so easily. I think Loki is a wonderful protagonist and hope to see much more of him in the issues to come.

I guess my main point is that I love when villains temporarily become the protagonists of major titles, the two prime examples being Loki's presence in Journey Into Mystery and Lex Luthor's run on Action Comics. What do you guys think of villains or reformed villains taking over titles like these?

Personally Journey is my favorite book Marvel has to offer these days. I've been keeping up with every issue so far and to be honest Loki had a point about being stagnant in his previous role as a villain; if you're gonna be a trickster be an unpredictable fast talking all over the place trickster. Being a trickster god is about being unpredictable. lol

That spirit is much stronger in the current Loki than it's ever been in classic Loki that always had a good amount of maliciousness bound to his character, so to say the least I'd like to see this series flourish and prosper.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.