What i think shouls happen to her in the new DCnU.

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6249 posts) - - Show Bio

I do like Lois lane I just think in the new DCnU that she shouldn’t be supermans ''one true love'' true she should be a big part in the characters evolution i just think that this whole romance thing just drags both characters down a bit I really like that they are not married but I think for Lois she need to be a really strong character on her own and not some damsel in distress. So don’t make her and Supes get together again instead work on making her an even bigger character. Also if any one from dc is reading this it wouldn’t be a bad idea to have Lois lane travel around the DCnU and making new relationships (non romantic) with other characters.

#2 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180: I agree.
#3 Posted by sinestro_GL (3030 posts) - - Show Bio

I also like how they aren't married...there was a lot of fun in the older comics when Superman trying to keep his identity secret from Lois.

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92254 posts) - - Show Bio

Halfheartedly agree

#5 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

i think them getting rid of the marriage was dumb

#6 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

If Lois Lane isn't Supermans love interest, what would her value be to the DC universe? that's always been my problem with Lois Lane.

#7 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio
@azza04: Ally, just like in the GA.
#8 Edited by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

i only want one thing out of the new lois: to stop getting into trouble knowing superman will always rescue her. b!tch hes not your doormat or butler!

#9 Posted by X9 (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@azza04 said:

If Lois Lane isn't Supermans love interest, what would her value be to the DC universe? that's always been my problem with Lois Lane.

You kinda gotta a point. But I love Lois, I have a great time seeing her in action.

#10 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9: When ever I picture Lois i always think of Erica Durance :) I know what you mean, but if she's not Clark/Superman's love interest what is her relevance to the DC universe? where would she fit in? It's a shame because I really like her character.

#11 Posted by X9 (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@azza04 said:

@X9: When ever I picture Lois i always think of Erica Durance :) I know what you mean, but if she's not Clark/Superman's love interest what is her relevance to the DC universe? where would she fit in? It's a shame because I really like her character.

Well, I totally see your point, but if we stop to think about it...minor characters are only important because they have a relationship/contact with major characters. Most of them would get canceled without it.

But I believe Lois has been in comics for too long to just vanish or die (¬¬)

She's still making appearances here and there. And I think it's just a matter of time till Lois and Superman get back together. (if they're already together, sorry, I'm not reading Superman's comics...but I'll start to)

#12 Edited by Z3RO180 (6249 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#13 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2640 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Lois Lane as a character and would like her not to be Superman's woman, girl, wife (whatever term you prefer) for a while longer, but eventually I would like her to be romantically involved with Clark just not too soon.

#14 Edited by deaditegonzo (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

Depending on what sort of following she actually has (I think the people who like her are a vocal minority, but I dont know for sure), either do what OP says and just move her away from Metropolis and have her be "THE JOURNALIST" when it comes to super heroes, and have her travel around and meet all the big names.

Or, kill her off and use the opportunity to advance Superman, and continue his growth and his story. Her dying and closing that chapter in Superman's life, and further "alienating" him could lead to some amazing character growth, and maybe even what could eventually be remembered as some of his most iconic stories.

#15 Edited by ElenaGilbert (17 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by KaraZorL (58 posts) - - Show Bio

#17 Edited by Z3RO180 (6249 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: Yes full heartily agree. Lois is an interesting character if she is done right, but most if not all the time she is just there.

#18 Posted by Z3RO180 (6249 posts) - - Show Bio

Its been 2 years and 17 days and my opinion has not changed.

#19 Posted by darkman61288 (714 posts) - - Show Bio

Depending on what sort of following she actually has (I think the people who like her are a vocal minority, but I dont know for sure), either do what OP says and just move her away from Metropolis and have her be "THE JOURNALIST" when it comes to super heroes, and have her travel around and meet all the big names.

Or, kill her off and use the opportunity to advance Superman, and continue his growth and his story. Her dying and closing that chapter in Superman's life, and further "alienating" him could lead to some amazing character growth, and maybe even what could eventually be remembered as some of his most iconic stories.

Or they could to that to Wonder Woman since she is dating Superman thus her death would have more of an impact.

#20 Edited by darkman61288 (714 posts) - - Show Bio
@z3ro180 said:

I do like Lois lane I just think in the new DCnU that she shouldn’t be supermans ''one true love'' true she should be a big part in the characters evolution i just think that this whole romance thing just drags both characters down a bit I really like that they are not married but I think for Lois she need to be a really strong character on her own and not some damsel in distress. So don’t make her and Supes get together again instead work on making her an even bigger character. Also if any one from dc is reading this it wouldn’t be a bad idea to have Lois lane travel around the DCnU and making new relationships (non romantic) with other characters.

Lois can be all those things and still be in a romance with Superman. The problem is that DC is not interested in doing those with her. The New 52 is almost 3 years old and still no development on Lois's part. Only thing that has happened is that she is possessed by Brainiac and is going to need to be saved.

And what about WW. She is going to need Superman to be her crutch, to keep her in the eye of the readers. If she wasn't dating Superman how much attention she would have gotten from fans and readers. Not that much.

#21 Posted by Superguy1591 (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkman61288: People like Wonder Woman, and she serves a function. Lois Lame? =[

Shudders...

#22 Posted by Z3RO180 (6249 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkman61288: Her haveing powers is just completely freaking stupid. There are not a lot things that get me mad at comic but this is one of them. Wy does she need power ? She's doesn't. Give ing her powers just to end up haveing Supes save her isn't a new exiting step forward for the character it a massive step back. All the thing I have said I stand by 100%.

#23 Posted by Z3RO180 (6249 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by darkman61288 (714 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

@darkman61288: Her haveing powers is just completely freaking stupid. There are not a lot things that get me mad at comic but this is one of them. Wy does she need power ? She's doesn't. Give ing her powers just to end up haveing Supes save her isn't a new exiting step forward for the character it a massive step back. All the thing I have said I stand by 100%.

DC is not interested in doing anything positive with Lois. They just want to phase her out.

#25 Posted by Superguy1591 (2252 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by darkman61288 (714 posts) - - Show Bio

@superguy1591: You actually want to get rid of an element of Superman's mythology for 75 years?

#27 Posted by Superguy1591 (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkman61288: You mean like his underwear look? Yeah, Lois Lane sucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.