The Next Lois Lane....

Posted by Captain Majestic (39 posts) - - Show Bio

So ive heard talk of the next Superman movie and sure there is a lot of talk about who will play Supes but i have been trying to ponder the almost as important character of Lois Lane.  So i was watching tv the other night and i saw her Cobie Smulders who plays Robin Scherbatsky on How I Met Your Mother is perfect for it.  She has the look and the ability to play a strong female role.  Thoughts?     
#1 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Not Cobie. I honestly think that Erica Durance is perfect as Lois.  

#2 Posted by AssertingValor (5392 posts) - - Show Bio

Never seen the show, but i hate it when directers choose different people for the same role in the same movie series!  kind of like Dumbledor from harrypotter how after the second movie it was a different guy! i dont like that, when you start with sombody, end with that person!! 
They also did that in the new batman films with Bruces chilhood girl friend!
#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio
@ebuchanan said:
" Never seen the show, but i hate it when directers choose different people for the same role in the same movie series!  kind of like Dumbledor from harrypotter how after the second movie it was a different guy! i dont like that, when you start with sombody, end with that person!! They also did that in the new batman films with Bruces chilhood girl friend! "
You know that the actor who originally played Dumbledore died, right?
#4 Posted by AssertingValor (5392 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress:
No I didnt actually, but it was just an example, it gets confusing when they swap actors !
#5 Posted by Captain Majestic (39 posts) - - Show Bio

well i dont think the new movie is any kind of continuation of Superman Returns, it is going to be a new direction.   I also love Erica Durance in Smallville, but i think as far as looking the part Cobie Smulders  is better. 
#6 Edited by comicfetish (405 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

"No. Not Cobie. I honestly think that Erica Durance is perfect as Lois.   "

i agree, Erica Durance is a perfect Lois. my second choice would be Amy Adams
#7 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on how they're aiming for. 

I like Jenna Fiscer, Lake Bell, Amy Adams or Erica Durance in the role. Though, save for Erica and Dana, the casting for Lois has been terrible every time, so I'm a little concerned about who they'll cast.

#8 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather they just make a big budget Superman movie that basically continues Smallville because of Durance and Rosenbaum as Luthor FTW.

#9 Posted by ScarlettLynn (160 posts) - - Show Bio
@comicfetish:  I was so surprised that Smallville wound up giving me my perfect Lois portrayal but I really think that Erica Durance managed to capture the character perfectly. I've been really impressed with her in the role.
#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed

#11 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Cobie Smulders would make a PERFECT Lois Lane

#12 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3519 posts) - - Show Bio

Erica Durance was a good SOAP OPERA Lois. She's really kind of a mediocre actor. I'm really excited to see Adams in the role, myself.

#13 Posted by mpierce2690 (316 posts) - - Show Bio

There's Erica Durance, and then there's everybody else.

I've always found the actresses that have portrayed Lois to be very sub-par, except for Terri Hatcher, whom was pretty decent. Erica Durance just simply nailed it. It's a shame that they didn't give Smallville a movie or something, between her and Michael Rosenbaum, it could have been really great.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.