Follow

Lois Lane

Character » Lois Lane appears in 6411 issues.

Lois Lane is a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist for the Daily Planet of Metropolis. She was the first reporter to interview Superman after he first appeared in Metropolis. Superman later revealed his secret identity to her; the two married and have a son, Jon Kent.

Spotlight on: LOIS LANE - A CELEBRATION OF 75 YEARS

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Can we all agree that Lois Lane is a remarkable character that far too often gets overlooked? With this being Superman's 75th anniversary, DC Comics did a great thing in giving us not just a collection of great Superman's stories (in a separate release) but we also got this hardcover of Lois Lane stories.

No Caption Provided

This makes a great addition to your personal collection or the perfect gift for the comic loving fans in your life. While Lois hasn't had her own series throughout the past 75 years, there have been some interesting stories. This is a great mix in her appearances from the different eras. (Check out the video up above if you haven't already).

The first thing you'd have to decide is whether or not you want to leave on the dustcover.

No Caption Provided

You could call it "something for everyone." Depending on which era you prefer, you can decide on how you want to display it.

What some people might not realize is that while ACTION COMICS #1 was the first appearance for Superman, it also marked the first appearance of Lois as well. From the very beginning, Lois was a character that didn't mess around. She was tough and often got straight to the point.

No Caption Provided

The second part of the book focuses on Lois and her affections towards Superman. This includes issues from SHOWCASE and (one of my all-time favorite series) SUPERMAN'S GIRLFRIEND LOIS LANE. Some of the stories got a little goofy but it was how many comics were during this period. You can't help but be entertained and a little shocked at some of the stories they released.

No Caption Provided

The other thing to keep in mind is tracking down some of these issues can get a little costly (as I know from personal experience).

The next section of the book deals with the stories from the 80s and 90s. This was the "Lois and Clark" stage. Lois no longer completely infatuated with Superman and grew to recognize Clark for who he was before discovering his secret identity.

No Caption Provided

The fourth part of the book focuses on "Twenty-First Century Lois." In these stories we, once again, see Lois out on her own. She may be a reporter without superpowers but that never stopped her from getting into the middle of the action while pursuing a story.

No Caption Provided

Also in these stories, we saw Lois interacting with other characters and not just Superman. In fact, one of the issues included is WONDER WOMAN #170.

The final section gives us some "Imaginary Tales." We go back to see some more wacky stories from SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE as well as ACTION COMICS and the more serious ALL-STAR SUPERMAN.

No Caption Provided

To finish off the book, there is also a cover gallery showcase some really great covers from the past 75 years.

The book was released in November so you could probably still find a copy at your local comic shop. It contains 384 pages and retails $39.99. You can also get the complete collection on comiXology and the DC app for $24.99.

It's a great book. There's a lot of great stories here. Let's hope we'll see a Lois Lane ongoing someday.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

First and this looks cool!

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I really hope that they do this for Catwoman next year for Batman's 75th. But this looks cool!

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What a great idea. Definitely something I plan on buying in the near future!

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

@g_man: Calm down on the excitement and the aggressiveness Tony! Especially on the beautiful book cover! You're causing all the bends and creases all over that amazing book. :-P lol

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
    BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I adore this book.

Superwondy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This book comic my best purchase this year.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I want this and the Superman 75 years

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I might get the Superman one. A Batman one would be great for his 75th.

Anthonior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay said:

I really hope that they do this for Catwoman next year for Batman's 75th. But this looks cool!

That's a good point, I hope so too. Besides Superman & Wonder Woman, they are the other best couple around Batman and Catwoman and Selina is one of my favorites.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@lyrafay: problem with that is she didn't appear in DETECTIVE 27. Her first was (I think), BATMAN 1

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@g_man: Oh that's right with The Joker. Oops.

Mia26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mia26

Pretty good collection of Lois Lane stories, now if only Superman's 75th collection would have been this good and not filled with depressing stories with Superman either crying or miserable. So much for "celebrating" Superman.

Avatar image for starsapphirelove
    StarSapphireLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.