Follow

Lois Lane

Character » Lois Lane appears in 6383 issues.

Lois Lane is a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist for the Daily Planet of Metropolis. She was the first reporter to interview Superman after he first appeared in Metropolis. Superman later revealed his secret identity to her; the two married and have a son, Jon Kent.

Lois Lane is not going to be in the new Superman film?

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

It's being reported that Lois Lane is not going to be in the new Superman film. Some are saying that she's not going to be the female lead, while others are saying she's not going to be in the film period. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I know a lot of people on internet forums like to complain, so I'm not going to rant, but at the same time I'm not going to defend the decision. Lois Lane is a really important part of the Superman mythos, especially when it comes to the Daily Planet. If they are planning on having Superman w/a Lana Lang type character and eventually moving him towards Lois Lane, then I'm fine with that. If they're planning on leaving her out entirely, then I'm not sure. I know some people are already defending the decision by bringing up how people complained about Heath Ledger as the Joker and were wrong. At the same time, the Batman films also Rachel Dawes. Zach Snyder and Christopher Nolan are great at what they do, and though I think it hard to say that they'll make a mistake that still doesn't rule out that something can go wrong.  As much as I love Christopher Nolan's films, I don't think he's a god. For instance, as much as I like Batman Begins as a comic book film, but as an action/adventure film is doesn't make a bleep on my radar.

The reports I've read also said the script is about Superman searching for himself. Now while many of my favorite Superman stories have to do with Superman's morals being questioned and coming into play, I never really liked any that had to do with soul searching. It's part of the reason why I don't like JMS' Grounded arc. I don't want to complain, but at the same time I don't want this to turn out like another Superman Returns with him acting emo.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Caligula
    Lana Lang or Cat Grant

are possible replacements. Maybe, Lois is in the movie like you said but not the lead.
    Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7
    @Caligula:  My guess is leaning more towards Lana than Cat. I would be surprised if the female lead is Cat.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Caligula
    @JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

" @Caligula:  My guess is leaning more towards Lana than Cat. I would be surprised if the female lead is Cat. "

me too. just saying it's a possibility if Lois isn't in it.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Primmaster64

Lois might just be a background charcter in this movie. But yeah, she's not going to be the leading female.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Magian

Don't think they will take her out of the movie completely if this happen anyway.

sweatboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By sweatboy
    @Caligula said:
    " @JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

" @Caligula:  My guess is leaning more towards Lana than Cat. I would be surprised if the female lead is Cat. "

me too. just saying it's a possibility if Lois isn't in it. "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6xciBi_VSA&NR=1
    Avatar image for andrea_mendoza1997
    andrea_mendoza1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Hmmm I wonder how its gonna turn out to be

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.