Breaking: Amy Adams to play Lois Lane

• 124 results
Posted by MattDemers (362 posts) - - Show Bio

Henry Cavill's Clark Kent now has a Lois Lane. Numerous news organizations are now reporting that Amy Adams ( The Fighter, Enchanted, TV's The Office) will be playing the plucky Daily Planet reporter in Zack Snyder's upcoming Superman film. Adams was reportedly phoned by Mr. Snyder today and told that the role was hers.

“There was a big, giant search for Lois,” Snyder said in an interview with the LA Times' Hero Complex blog. “For us it was a big thing and obviously a really important role. We did a lot of auditioning but we had this meeting with Amy Adams and after that I just felt she was perfect for it.”

Some have noted that there will be an interesting dynamic between Cavill and Adams, as the latter is nearly nine years older. Also interesting is Adam's status as a redhead bombshell; it'll be interesting to see what she looks like as a dark brunette.

Source: LA Times Hero Complex
Thanks for the tip, magicman620!

#1 Posted by IronSpidy-Rooney (356 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope shes good thats all I gotta say

#2 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Im completely ok with this ^____^ and I think she can pull it off(way more than the girl from superman returns)

#3 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

I can already picture her ruining the movie....she's kind of an annoying actress, just watch Julie & Julia and Leap Year and you'll see what I mean

#4 Posted by Grim (2081 posts) - - Show Bio

yes. likey. Sexy and strong. beautiful, young, but adult looking. WIN.

#5 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

should be interesting...

#6 Posted by Baddamdog (2224 posts) - - Show Bio
@shawn87: Those movies were awful though lol especially Leap Year

I really like her so I'm glad to see this, hope she does a good job!
#7 Posted by Parsnip (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm totally okay with this.

#8 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

She looks more like Lana than Lois...

#9 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't she a little old for henry Cavill? She's 36 and he's 27, really wish they went with somebody his age.

#10 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

TITTIES!

*ahem* Well, I find it hard to imagine her as Lois Lane, but as others have said...I feel she can make it work. I've only seen a couple of the films she's in (Enchanted, Sunshine Cleaning...I think that's it...) and she seems like a good actress. All we can do is hope for the best.

#11 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on the pic, she looks more suited to play Poison Ivy than any other character. ;p

#12 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAvenger: yeah she is
#13 Edited by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:

" She looks more like Lana than Lois... "

That's what I thought as well. I can't see her as a brunette or with black hair.
Edit: But then again, I do remember seeing Lois with red hair at one time.
#14 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64:

Zack Snyder is now making Superman a cougar, on top of all his other powers he now attracts older women.

#15 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAvenger: LOL, would have been nicefor someone his age....She's gonna be 40 in the sequel.
#16 Posted by kennybaese (1151 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAvenger said:
"  @Primmaster64:  Zack Snyder is now making Superman a cougar, on top of all his other powers he now attracts older women. "
I always kind of assumed that Lois was older than Clark. But maybe not that much older.  

Either way this casting is... interesting. To say the least.  
#17 Posted by TDK_1997 (15084 posts) - - Show Bio

We'll see if she is right for Lois

#18 Posted by SHAFEMAN (54 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like this pick and I agree with walkingcarpet , I always thought of Clark being younger than Lois and that being part of the reason he fell for her so quickly 
#19 Posted by Kreature (184 posts) - - Show Bio

#20 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio
@walkingcarpet said:
" @CrimsonAvenger said:
"  @Primmaster64:  Zack Snyder is now making Superman a cougar, on top of all his other powers he now attracts older women. "
I always kind of assumed that Lois was older than Clark. But maybe not that much older.   Either way this casting is... interesting. To say the least.   "
Two or three years isn't bad but 9 years is kind of weird for him. It is an interesting casting choice, not sure what direction Zack Snyder is heading in but hopefully it's somewhere good. 

@Primmaster64 said:
" @CrimsonAvenger: LOL, would have been nicefor someone his age....She's gonna be 40 in the sequel. "
That is just plain weird that Lois will be over 40, I just realized Diane Lane who will be playing Martha Kent is 46.
#21 Posted by Snakeguy (26 posts) - - Show Bio

She doesnt look anything like lois. They should have selected a more famous actress , I mean if all the actors are like her the movie will be a fail.

#22 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

She was absolutely great in The Fighter, so if she brings that kind of gravitas to this role, the should do great. She can play a strong, independent woman, like Lois Lane. Plus, I think she is drop dead sexy. 

#23 Posted by Zamir (15 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope she plays Lois Lane like her character in the "The Fighter" that would be great

#24 Posted by Icon (2106 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, she is the best actor they've cast for this new movie so far. That's for sure. But with Snyder at the helm I'm still not interested. 

#25 Posted by MrCipher (276 posts) - - Show Bio

I can totally see everyone's issue with the age difference but for the record when the 1st superman came out (the 70s movie) I swore Margot Kidder was like 10 years older than Christopher Reeve. Turns out she was only 4 years older than him but she looked a hell of a lot older to me.

I think Amy Adams is beautiful. I have no problem with that casting choice.

#26 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAvenger: I always saw Clark as older than Lois.
#27 Posted by Jacquenette_Harper (86 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Amy Adams and hope she will do good as Lois!

#28 Posted by Zjd106 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti

#29 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAvenger: Lois would be the cougar in this relationship.
#30 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Would have preferred to see her as Vicky Vale... but still I am good with this.

#31 Edited by ScarlettLynn (160 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAvenger:  Same issue with Christian Bale (37)  & Anne Hathaway (28)? Cause I don't see people shocked and horrified over that age disparity.
#32 Posted by neomech (22 posts) - - Show Bio

It really doesn't matter what the actual age difference is, it matters what the age difference looks like in the movies. Lots of actors and actresses believably pull off roles that are younger or older than they are in real life. I'm sure they will be a very believable couple, age-wise.

#33 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio
@ScarlettLynn said:
" @CrimsonAvenger:  Same issue with Christian Bale (37)  & Anne Hathaway (28)? "
I did not realize he was 37 and she was 28, at least she resembles Selina Kyle and isn't an Italian Nicole Kidman. I think they made Selina younger because finding an actress Bale's age to play Catwoman is nearly impossible.
#34 Posted by ValendianKnight (297 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, die her hair black and we're good to go. Heard great things from her performance in  The Fighter, so I like so far. Age difference doesn't matter cause they can make her appear younger if need be.

#35 Posted by caesarsghost (559 posts) - - Show Bio

This is incredible, the casting for this movie has been absolutely perfect!
#36 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

When was she on The Office?
#37 Posted by QuicksandJesus (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Noooo... my precious Rachel McAdams.. lost.. lost to me..

#38 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting pick,  

Damn oh damn do I LOVE redheads!!!!

#39 Posted by darkcloakx (788 posts) - - Show Bio

she's seems like she would be a good choice. she pretty but she ain't gorgeous like Alice Eve.

#40 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

cool! Will be interesting.

#41 Posted by danhimself (22691 posts) - - Show Bio

she was awesome in The Fighter playing alongside a cracked out Batman

#42 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9251 posts) - - Show Bio

this might work

#43 Posted by blaakmawf (187 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Amy Adams.

#44 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm good with this

#45 Posted by Chibi-Iroh (388 posts) - - Show Bio
@shawn87: I think those 3 Academy award nominations and those 3 Golden Globes say different.
#46 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3572 posts) - - Show Bio
@ValendianKnight said:
"Age difference doesn't matter cause they can make her appear younger if need be."
It's actually perfect. Lois is supposed to be a little older than Clark.
#47 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3572 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: She really does. They really need to do her up for the role. Even dark contact lenses would be ideal.
#48 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio

Bea Arthur!!!!

#49 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh I'm kinda on the fence about this.

#50 Posted by Mercy_ (92997 posts) - - Show Bio

Im really really wary about this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.