Lockheed -- Better than Kitty?

#1 Posted by PolarisJunkie (99 posts) - - Show Bio

I think so. I'd also like to see solo stories with him, without Kitty. Kitty only drags him down...I'd love to see stories on his race, the abandoned plotline of him talking. I loved that little story in X-Men Unlimited a few years back. Why can't we see more?

#2 Posted by G-Man (33960 posts) - - Show Bio

This sounds kind of...dirty. I'd rather see more of Kitty personally.

Staff
#3 Posted by PolarisJunkie (99 posts) - - Show Bio

Hah. She is looking rather buxem there. O.O

#4 Posted by PolarisJunkie (99 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about a solo series, but a spotlight on the character specifically is all I ask. There isn't many, if it all.

#5 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah I like him being with Kitty all the time, wouldn't really buy into a solo series.

#6 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, well if that's the case then I'm all for it.

#7 Posted by Nameless one (516 posts) - - Show Bio

zeroEDGE says:

"Nah I like him being with Kitty all the time, wouldn't really buy into a solo series."

I agree with Zero judging from the pic I say they compliment each other nicely,

#8 Posted by x_icon (56 posts) - - Show Bio

I love him as Kitty's sidekick actually. Lockheed is awesome, and I would like to see his background explored a bit more, but it would be cool to have a Kitty Pryde mini that deals with it.

#9 Posted by Java Lad (106 posts) - - Show Bio

They have tried a couple of times Lockheed having a side story going. Although it is good to see some background, he works much better as the sidekick.

#10 Posted by mantoid (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Lockheed as Kitty's sidekick and I think that he might make a good solo character.

#11 Posted by MUTANT413 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Lockheed has been around for over 20 years now, and we still know almost nothing about him or his history. We've never seen any significant character development because the writers haven't taken the effort to make him anything more than Kitty's little alien sidekick. But now that Kitty is gone (well, for now at least), maybe Lockheed will be able to become more his own character.

#12 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

Where the hell is Lockheed now that Kitty's gone? For that matter, where was he when she left?

#13 Posted by MUTANT413 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Slinger said:

"Where the hell is Lockheed now that Kitty's gone? For that matter, where was he when she left?"

It's getting hard to tell who was where when whatever happened, ever since Marvel started doing events out of order. We saw Kitty die (maybe) in the events at Breakworld and we never saw anything concerning Lockheed. Then we get to see World War Hulk, which obviously happened sometime after Colossus' ressurection, but before everyone went to Breakworld, considering that both Kitty and Poitr helped fight the Hulk when he came for Xavier. Lockheed was also present at that fight, though I don't think he is even shown in more than a few panels.
I'm getting tired of Marvel's storylines being out of synch with the timeline. If they would just start doing the stories in order, it would be a lot less confuzzling for everybody.

#14 Posted by John_Feaster (341 posts) - - Show Bio
@Slinger said:
"Where the hell is Lockheed now that Kitty's gone? For that matter, where was he when she left? "

Well, we've seen Lockheed in the Pet Avengers, but as far as what I'd like to see of him...I was expecting him to start moping around with Peter Rasputan for awhile. Or maybe try to bury the hatchet with Pete Wisdom, after all their warring back in Excalibur. It's starting to look as if he was involved with something to do with his people, but that it went sour. Folks are hinting that they're dead, but as Lockheed says he's "Lost" them...he might have simply been outcast from his planet. Granted, that's bad enough...
#15 Edited by grkpektis (141 posts) - - Show Bio

He had a solo comic excalibur 40 and it was great.  We got to see his race who are smart enough to build spaceships and he even got to talk.  I would love to see him in a mini series without kitty.

#16 Posted by sifsclub (474 posts) - - Show Bio
just needed to do that

#17 Posted by John_Feaster (341 posts) - - Show Bio
@grkpektis said:
"He had a solo comic excalibur 40 and it was great.  We got to see his race who are smart enough to build spaceships and he even got to talk.  I would love to see him in a mini series without kitty."

Well, if you don't mind him having other animal companions, he's currently in the pages of "Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers". Pick it up. They do a reasonably good job of capturing his personality.
#18 Posted by BlackestShite (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Lockheed needs his own comic

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.