Follow

Lobo

Character » Lobo appears in 1130 issues.

The last of the Czarnians, Lobo is known and feared across the universe as a bounty hunter who never misses his mark. Super-strong, immortal and unstoppable, the Main Man has frequently clashed with Superman, although they have on occasion found themselves on the same side.

RIP Lobo. The Main Man.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SideburnGuru
    No Caption Provided

It's funny how Lobo is immune to everything else, he can't be killed, but a shitty writer and shitty redesigner can do him in.

Look, I'm not going to be one of those guys that are going to keep bashing this. This is the last topic I'm making it on a subject.

Basically, it seems DC doesn't give a damn what the fans think. I'm going to take shit for that, I relatively don't care. If they cared, this change wouldn't have happened. The writer doesn't give a damn either. She's apparently that type of person, who really doesn't give a damn she made Lobo a pretty boy, just to live up to some fantasy she has, I suppose.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/08/23/lobo-writer-stands-by-alarming-character-redesign/

Yeah, that's always nice. Just a few things to adress.

1. I don't care if you liked Lobo before or not. This is for the people who do like The Main Man Lobo. Those posts aren't needed.

2. This isn't for whether or not you think "GIVE IT A CHANCE. YOU MAY LIKE IT." Look, I can already tell by the picture of him sitting there, this is a Lobo I won't be enjoying. I've already been done with DC, and it should've stayed that way. This is just the nail in the coffin.

Between this, and the Harley Quinn sucide thing, I'm pretty much given up with them. I said it when New 52 happened, I'm done with DC. To me, it's irrelevant, but New 52 has always been the middle finger to old time fans. Will it appeal to new fans? Why, sure. Does it give a giant middle finger to the old fans who have been supporting them for years? Damn right. This is just another argument for it.

As for people saying, well New 52 has brought changes to other characters as well. If this was just simply a wardrobe change, I'd be fine. But this is a whole damn new character. They said it in the preview. "THE LOBO WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE IS FAKE." Hell, this isn't even a redesign. This is saying the Lobo we all knew before isn't even Lobo, and the new one is. Which is the most ignorant shit I've ever heard, but I'm not surprised coming from DC.

So, that being all out of the way, this is for the Lobo fans who appreciated THE MAIN MAN. What were your favorite issues? Lobocop? Lobo Unbound? Paramilitary Christmas Special? Stormwatch? Discuss them here.

And before people say "IT'S JUST A FICTIONAL CHARACTER." Allow me to indulge deeper personally, since everything else is out of the way.

I always wanted to be a comic writter, since I was way younger. Like, around two years ago, Lobo was one character that I thought, if I would ever get signed into a major company, I would've loved to contact DC and bring up how someone could write something grand for him. To truly bring the main man back. His dreadlock/biker look could appeal to newer fans. After all this? Kinda seems like my hopes for that are done in, and I'm going to be honest, it does piss me off. Hence the reason I'm against the lady who's writting this shit, because everything I think she's touched so far has been a damn disaster.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

I thought she didn't have anything to do with his look.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought she didn't have anything to do with his look.

I thought so to. More looking into it, and seems as though she does.

She stands by it. Also tries to claim it will be "Bigger, and uglier.".

I would like to quote the moron, once more. "Bigger, and uglier." While it looks like Lobo got mix breeded with Edward Cullen. Right.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
    Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think I'm all burned out on Lobo threads.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@sideburnguru: She said bigger and uglier than the Kenneth Rocafort design. Is it not even that?

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SideburnGuru

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@sideburnguru: She said bigger and uglier than the Kenneth Rocafort design. Is it not even that?

No Caption Provided

Compare that to the Lobo they're using now. Hell no, it's not.

And I shouldn't just blame her. I should blame KR anyway for coming up with these dumb ass designs. Lobo was fine looking like an intergalatic space biker. He made him into some weird, next generation TRON/Twilight bs. He pretty much just killed the character as well.

I don't respect the writer due to her previous work, I don't respect her for approving the redesign, I don't respect KR for even thinking of this untalented shit, I don't respect DC for not giving a single damn.

@guardian_of_gravity

Your fault for clicking on a thread, that is even intended to be in the Lobo section.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.