Jeffrey Dean Morgan Wants To Play 'Lobo'

Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

The actor shows interest in the upcoming Guy Richie film

With the announcement that Guy Richie will be directing the upcoming 'Lobo' film, it  was only a matter of time until buzz regarding who would play "the last Czarnian" would begin to circulate. According to a report by MTV, Jeffrey Dean Morgan who recently played "The Comedian" in the 'Watchmen' film is very interested in playing the role.

"[They're] making 'Lobo' right now," said Morgan. "That would be cool. 'Lobo' would be very cool. I don't think that I'm as big as Lobo is, but if you could, like, transplant Mickey Rourke's body on my head, that would be just great."

I could totally see Morgan play 'Lobo' in the film adaptation. Morgan played a fantastic 'Comedian' in the 'Watchmen' film and I could see him do a fantastic job in the upcoming film. What do you guys think?
#1 Posted by Moose (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Morgan would make a brilliant Lobo to be honest. I really enjoyed him as Comedian and i think he could easily adapt to the Lobo role. Cant wait for this movie, although ideally it should be R/18 rated. Still i'm optimistic for the outcome =]
#2 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14340 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moose said:
" I think Morgan would make a brilliant Lobo to be honest. I really enjoyed him as Comedian and i think he could easily adapt to the Lobo role. Cant wait for this movie, although ideally it should be R/18 rated. Still i'm optimistic for the outcome =] "
agreed all thou i still feel watchman as a whole was a bad transfer from the original novel i haev to say the comedian was pretty much bang on for me
#3 Posted by AirDave817 (840 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see it. A pair of "KISS" style boots to maybe make him a little taller, and it would work. I would hope that the story would be lighter and funnier. I've always seen Lobo as a parody. With a little side of violence and mayhem.

#4 Posted by MadOmegaMan (85 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Lobo. I love the comedian (I know it's weird that I like him). I am desperate for a lobo movie. 
Please make it good!
#5 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

He would be a great lobo, Morgan did such a good job in watchmen

#6 Posted by Question08 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Why didn't I think of that?
#7 Posted by Agent Buttons (12411 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#8 Posted by The Psyentist (19124 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds great.

#9 Posted by King Saturn (225174 posts) - - Show Bio
The Dude who played The Comedian wants to play Lobo ? Hell Yeah... that could work  !
#10 Posted by Hellos (8832 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds good to me.
#11 Posted by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

This is awsome,this guy  is perfect for Lobo.I seen him in Watchmen and he was good.They just need to  find a away for him make him taller.Then we got our Lobo.
#12 Posted by TheBug (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that could work.
#13 Posted by Yaujtapool (7451 posts) - - Show Bio

He could bulk up a bit more and he would be even more perfect for the part of Lobo .

#14 Posted by Bruce Vain (1781 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still wanting Brynarski to play Lobo, but since I doubt that will happen. Even though the dude is a spitting image of the Main Man. I'm certainly down for Morgan to be Lobo.
#15 Posted by Red Rum (357 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have gone with Tyler Mane (Sabertooth from X-Men 1)

#16 Posted by NightFang (10274 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this idea!

#17 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio

he is the sexy dad in Supernatural who makes Dean look ugly.. 

he can do anything in my opinon lol 

and Arrow says he can totally nail it!

#18 Posted by The Crimson Nutcase (772 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see him having Lobo's role... 
Im still disappointed that it wont be rated R

#19 Posted by Fresh0133 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't really consider him for the role, but yeah, he would absolutely nail Lobo, sign him up Guy.
#20 Posted by Nahero (9917 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah i can see that happening

#21 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2547 posts) - - Show Bio

Thumbs up!

Staff
#22 Posted by Samuraikenpo (142 posts) - - Show Bio

agreed all around love to see him as lobo
#23 Posted by NamelessHenchman (17 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd do great! He made an amazing comedian, and I could totally see him pulling off Lobo. But still, screw the PG-13 rating.

#24 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio

sanest ting i've heard all day

#25 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd be a good choice. He'd probably be one of the first people to play 2 major DC characters.
#26 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3404 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he could play the role well. He was the perfect the Bastard, with a capital B, in Watchmen. I just can't imagine Lobo as a real life character. He just feels like it needs to be done in animation, drawn or computer generated.

#27 Posted by ARMIV (3876 posts) - - Show Bio

...Yeah,he could pull it off.

#28 Edited by White Mage (18751 posts) - - Show Bio

LET HIM!!!!! LET HIM DAMMIT!!!!!!!!! 

(turns to the costume designer) 

Pull out the "good" leather.
#29 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8092 posts) - - Show Bio

rather have mickey rourke. but the dude who played the comedian would definately be my second choice. im down for it.

#30 Posted by Anderson: Agent of SMITH (231 posts) - - Show Bio

I tihnk he could be better as Lobo than as the Comedian. And he wasn't too bad as him either. Cool.
#31 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
Golf Claps
#32 Posted by Dimsey (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd approve.

#33 Posted by Dr. Maxwell (661 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, thats all I have to say

#34 Posted by TheSavageAssasin (2623 posts) - - Show Bio

A-Mazing Great news great actor and the perfect actor for the role in my eyes

#35 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Permission granted.

#36 Posted by goldenkey (2920 posts) - - Show Bio

It should work at PG-13 because it's alien blood not human blood so it'll green and yellow not red, and Lobo actually doesn't swear.  He's like Roman Maroni from Johnny Dangerously.  Fargin and fragin, and they both use bastich.  It's gonna be satire so it should be good.  Just remeber even though Richie made 2 of greatest movie with Lock Stock and 2 smoking barrels and Snatch he also made that Madonna movie that gave her a left over English accent after six months of filming. It was the worst, and I only saw a couple parts. 
#37 Posted by burr787 (2422 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yeah

#38 Posted by mv (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

Definetly could do it
#39 Posted by Dark Cell (445 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah i think he should go for it.
#40 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people still think Watchmen was a Graphic Novel first ?! 

NO no no a limited series.  

But ya he'd be cool as Lobo.
#41 Posted by cumdumpster (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I absolutely feel that Morgan could pull it off, ever watch him in supernatural and add that with how good he did Blake in Watchmen. I just hope they dont get some looser

#42 Posted by Aronmorales (9304 posts) - - Show Bio

All I think he needs to do is get a bit bigger.

#43 Posted by Constantine (16059 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see him as Lobo

#44 Posted by Jotham (4512 posts) - - Show Bio

SWEEEEEET.
#45 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anybody think that Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Robert Downey Jr. look the same?
#46 Posted by mv (1860 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moomin123 said:
"Does anybody think that Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Robert Downey Jr. look the same? "

More like Jeff and Javier Bardeem actually
#47 Posted by U R Sofa King We Todd Did (1109 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not that bad. They could easily use CGI to make him bigger(which they would have to do for anyone who gets the role because Lobo is like 7 feet tall and 5 feet across lol)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.