Follow

Lobo

Character » Lobo appears in 1130 issues.

The last of the Czarnians, Lobo is known and feared across the universe as a bounty hunter who never misses his mark. Super-strong, immortal and unstoppable, the Main Man has frequently clashed with Superman, although they have on occasion found themselves on the same side.

'Injustice: Gods Among Us' Lobo Impressions

• 53 results
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

The first DLC character is now available for Injustice: Gods Among Us and NetherRealm Studios thought The Last Czarnian was the best option to kick things off. If you have the Season Pass, you can download him right now without spending an extra penny. But if you didn't shell out an extra $15 when you purchased the game, you're now faced with the option of spending $4.99 for the brawler. Is he a good addition to the roster or does he feel too much like the other characters? Read on to find out.

No Caption Provided

Lobo is a superb close to mid-range character. Up close and personal, the bounty hunter has some vicious combos that are sure to put a smile on any juggler's face. They're easy to remember and super effective. Plus, seeing him casually walk towards his enemy and blast them with a shotgun as part of a combo? Downright badass. His shotgun attacks are mostly close range (understandably so), but his hook allows for some sweet mid-range assaults. Not only does he have the generic slew of hook attacks (lures them in and knocks them away, grabs and rushes them), but he also has a low hook attack that's sure to catch your opponent off-guard if used properly. Sadly, he doesn't have any attacks that go across the entire screen. However, this doesn't mean you'll be easy prey to spammers. Lobo's dash is easily the most effective in the game. He essentially does an action roll, and while this won't dodge all projectile attacks, it did let my bypass quite a few of them. So if you're facing a spammer, utilize the dash, stay in their face, and mercilessly execute his handful of easy-to-use juggling combos. His power move is a blast, though I think blurring his middle finger is a bit jarring. I get having showing that risks boosting the ESRB rating, but come on, we're talking about a scene where he shoots someone in the face with a shotgun, then burns them with an engine. Hard to believe flipping someone off is worse than that, but whatever... it is what it is, right?

No Caption Provided

His Character Power is "Nuclear Shells." This gives a damage boost to his next shotgun attack (whether it's in a combo or via a special movie). For example, "pump shot" usually does 9% damage. With the Character Power activated it jumps to 13% damage. When activating the power, he quickly puts new shells into his weapon. It's relatively swift compared to a lot of other character powers, but you'll of course need to use it wisely seeing as it leaves you vulnerable for a rather short period of time.

His ending is sure to please cosmic fans, but when it comes to Lobo, you're not getting anything aside from a new character for fights. As of right now, there's nothing for Lobo in the archives. You can't rewatch his ending, check out his character model, buy an alternate costume, etc. I'm hoping we'll at least get to view his ending again and check out his character model, but as of right now, I honestly have no idea if that's something they'll pursue. In case you're wondering, he currently doesn't have any S.T.A.R. Labs missions, either.

No Caption Provided

Is Lobo worth purchasing? Absolutely. He's a fast powerhouse and his moves are incredibly fun to dish out. Sure, he can't do any damage at long range, but he's designed to quickly close the gap and totally punish characters when you're face-to-face. Oh, and the character selection screen makes it clear there's room for at least 8 DLC characters. So, hold on to hope, Martian Manhunter and Red Hood, fans!

Gregg Katzman is a freelance writer for Comic Vine and IGN Entertainment. This is the part where he shamelessly plugs his Google+ andTwitter pagein hopes of getting a new follower or two.

LifePool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bought the season pass so I'll be using him tomorrow either way (One day later? not a big deal, but why? =.=) Can't believe hes not in the archives or no STAR missions, especially no alternate costume. Hopefully they'll fix this asap. Atleast we now know there will be more than just 4 dlc characters.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By evilvegeta74

I'm cool with him. He needs the Star lab missions etc...

DCVibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

He was never questioned whether I should get him or not, it's those alternate costumes that have me thinking twice.

The best news is that it looks like there might be hope for more characters beyond the four from the season pass. Come on Martian Manhunter and Captain Atom!

Does he have a ending after you do the classic battle?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By ccraft

Awesome review of LOBO, I do wish LOBO wasn't censored, I would have preferred him not to flip people off if they were just going to blur it, but oh well. I can't wait to use LOBO still waiting for him on the East Coast!

I'm excited for Zod and hopefully he comes with MoS skins for him and Supes. 8 more character!? For the 1st Season Pass, maybe? I would like to think it was from all the hate messages from the FB page, man was the hate non stop.

Can anyone tell me what Deathstroke character power is? I thought it boost his gun power, but it doesn't.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dcvibe:

Yep! I anxious to see who else makes the cut, I hope MM makes it in. Also someone pm'd me and said he was having problems downloading Lobo, he's on the East coast. He has the PS3.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74: The update seemed to automatically download Lobo due to having the season pass.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bogey: Really? I might need to check my roster... Maybe hes there.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@dcvibe said:

He was never questioned whether I should get him or not, it's those alternate costumes that have me thinking twice.

The best news is that it looks like there might be hope for more characters beyond the four from the season pass. Come on Martian Manhunter and Captain Atom!

Does he have a ending after you do the classic battle?

Yes, he does, but as I said, you cannot rewatch it in the archives. I hope that's something they'll fix.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Oh heck ya, I will go New fighter over new costume anyway, but even more so if it's Lobo. 8 slots for DLC's huh? interesting...

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ccraft said:

Awesome review of LOBO, I do wish LOBO wasn't censored, I would have preferred him not to flip people off if they were just going to blur it, but oh well. I can't wait to use LOBO still waiting for him on the East Coast!

I'm excited for Zod and hopefully he comes with MoS skins for him and Supes. 8 more character!? For the 1st Season Pass, maybe? I would like to think it was from all the hate messages from the FB page, man was the hate non stop.

Can anyone tell me what Deathstroke character power is? I thought it boost his gun power, but it doesn't.

Thank you! Slade's character power makes his gun attacks unblockable.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: It was the same way for the DLC Characters in MK9. And as far as I remember they didn't fix that so I don't think it's gonna happen here.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#12  Edited By StMichalofWilson

The Main Man! Hell Yeah!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n:

Now what happen if I choose not to download the next three DLC characters, and they come out with 4 more Dlc's ,will I be charged for three of those and have to pay for the fourth, because I didn't want 3 out of the first 4 characters?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#14  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@bogey said:

@evilvegeta74: The update seemed to automatically download Lobo due to having the season pass.

it didnt do that for me thank goodness, i had to go into the in-game store download thing and get him.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i better be getting some sweet Martian-y goodness later on. and a Young Justice skin for Lobo

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By evilvegeta74

@avenging_x_bolt said:

i better be getting some sweet Martian-y goodness later on. and a Young Justice skin for Lobo

Agreed, and Canary! I'd like to see an uber powerful female in the game other than WW, as well though!

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Oh that was too funny what he did to Nightwing...turning his afterburner on and giving him da finga. Classic Lobo for you! Love it!

wade_wilson22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lobo is an odd one to add. I actually never really hear many people that are big Lobo fans. The only time I thought he was funny, was in the Green Latern animated movie where he tried to defeat Mogo, the Living Planet, but couldn't.

His outfit looks sweet. I think he would be fun to play. There is a whole section about Injustice on MarvelDCForum: http://marveldcforum.com/index.php?board=18.0

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#19  Edited By Outside_85

When is this getting added to Europeans users?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ccraft

@k4tzm4n said:

Thank you! Slade's character power makes his gun attacks unblockable.

WOOOOOOW people are really going to hate me on online now, thanks lol

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bogey said:

Thanks guys for the help, he was automatically downloaded.

@k4tzm4n: The skin pack is available today right? They haven't popped up on PSN yet, what about xbox live?

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kid Apollo

a possible 8 players? thats the best news ive heard all day

edit: So with Lobo, Batgirl, Zod, and Scorpion (still not loving those last 3), id like to see Martian Manhunter, Beast Boy, Black Canary, and Black Manta. they all have abilities that are a little different then the current playables. i personally think beast boy would be a riot to play as

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By evilvegeta74

yes it was!

IronAngelX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

He's really comfortable and easy to use. I actually was hoping I WOULDN'T do good with him just because I know everyone is going to want to be him just because he's Lobo/The New Character/"The Cool One" but I have to admit, he's pretty fun.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

edit: So with Lobo, Batgirl, Zod, and Scorpion (still not loving those last 3), id like to see Martian Manhunter, Beast Boy, Black Canary, and Black Manta. they all have abilities that are a little different then the current playables. i personally think beast boy would be a riot to play as

Where do you get that info? of Zod and scorpion?

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#28  Edited By BlueLantern1995

8 Characters. Awesome! still upset by the selection of those other 3 we know about.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8 Characters. Awesome! still upset by the selection of those other 3 we know about.

Multitudes are! Maybe someone will hear our complaints so we want be force fed those characters

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SmashBrawler

Ha, glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought about the possibility of 8 DLC characters once Lobo's position in the character select screen was first seen.

And yeah, I hope we get at least an option to watch his ending and character model later on. A Regime costume wouldn't be bad either, I was kinda surprised he didn't have one.

Avatar image for verotikryptonite
    Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing Lobo beat the snot out of Superman is priceless . Can't wait to sink that hook into the queen of the faries

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

@k4tzm4n: I think the blurred finger was intended. It just supposedly an extra humor on how they blurred the middle finger. I didn't really hate on it. I found it quite pretty funny even though it was censored. lol

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@iceslick said:

@k4tzm4n: I think the blurred finger was intended. It just supposedly an extra humor on how they blurred the middle finger. I didn't really hate on it. I found it quite pretty funny even though it was censored. lol

It absolutely is intended. Ed Boon even tweeted about it today. I'm glad it makes you laugh and that's obviously the goal, but for me, it takes me out of the moment.

lagoonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

id like to see martian manhunter,black canary,black manta,plastic man

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Lobo is Lobo.

I already got Killer Frost.

Kiltro95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The trailer on the top of the page makes me think Netherealm should make a DLC campaign story mode where the DLC characters get chapters.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loki9876: rite now its all speculation, but when Lobo and Batgirl were first hinted at so were Zod and Scorpion. im thinking its because Zod is in the new Superman movie (and the game is light on Supes characters... compared to Batman) and Scorpion because this game is made by Netherealm studios, creators of Scorpion and the MK series. despite it having nothing to do with MK vs DC the games makes a slight reference to the MK series in the ending for Shazam

clumsyninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lobo the main man. Love this guy on the Justice League cartoon!

darkwolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Hood is all I really care about, but Martian Manhunter would be a greate addition.

sweatboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

Good ol' Bastich!

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very fun playing him. I like the Spin Cycle maneuver lol. Would be nice to get to see his ending. How did his encounter with Doomsday turn out?

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Nefilim927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's the Swamp Thing love

vincethekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here are my 8 characters I want to see in INJUSTICE:

I want Captain Atom, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Black Canary, Clayface, Braniac, Toy Man, Black Manta

DickDastardly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lobo is an odd one to add. I actually never really hear many people that are big Lobo fans. The only time I thought he was funny, was in the Green Latern animated movie where he tried to defeat Mogo, the Living Planet, but couldn't.

His outfit looks sweet. I think he would be fun to play. There is a whole section about Injustice on MarvelDCForum: http://marveldcforum.com/index.php?board=18.0

that wasnt Lobo. that was Bolphunga

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

I mosdef flush with Lobo...well at least before he became exactly the kind of character he was created to parody. But anyways, I definitely like him in this game. Took me a second to get a handle on his ranger and feel for his fighting style. However, once you get a grip on his technique you can definitely dish out some major punishment. Learn the timing of his juggle combos and you should be able to take on just about all opponents.

hamlet33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lobo is so awesome and so glad it looks like there's a lot more space for characters. Agree with Red Hood, not with Martian Manhunter. Beast Boy and Starfire would be cool too (maybe with New 52 Beast Boy and Classic Starfire as alternates)

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish there was more to it. Like the review said about re watching his ending, star labs, etc. And not alternate costume???? But I do like his nuclear rounds, they make a bug different.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#50 inferiorego  Staff

I love playing as Lobo. Finally, someone I'm good at juggling with.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.