Follow

Lobo

Character » Lobo appears in 1125 issues.

The last of the Czarnians, Lobo is known and feared across the universe as a bounty hunter who never misses his mark. Super-strong, immortal and unstoppable, the Main Man has frequently clashed with Superman, although they have on occasion found themselves on the same side.

How I'd save Lobo

million_suns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By million_suns
    No Caption Provided

I mentioned it before, but I rather liked the aesthetic chosen for Lobo in Giffen's old 52 Reign In Hell mini. See image. Why not have a way for this, real Lobo to finally crawl out of Hell, having served his bit there. And have him NOT REALISE that Flashpoint happened. Give him Fourth Wall breaking powers if it would expedite the plot.

Lobo is so infuriated at all the not-Lobo versions of himself running around, that he takes it upon himself to annihilate every last one of them, and take his place as THE Lobo.

You could modify the humour (although Lobo in 52 and his Brightest Day appearances wasn't so bad, really), you could ditch or modify the biker look that he previously sported; I mean look at that image. No biker gear, or death's head kneepads, but that is still unmistakably Lobo. Heck. Just fuse that look with the one he sported in Lobo: Unbound if you like. I really enjoyed that look, and that book.

I wouldn't mind seeing Lobo pop up in Larfleeze's solo series or something. Play up the villain aspect of Lobo, as he would really HAVE to be viewed as a villain if he's interacting with DC characters at large. Genocide is not really even close to anti-heroism, is it? Heck, spoof Marvel's Deadpool kills Deadpool book if you want, Lobo kills Lobo could be a pretty entertaining, scatological read.

Just... Any way at all that I could forget that Blue Jackman Lobo ever existed.

Thoughts?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

He can already break the Fourth Wall. I have an idea of how I would bring back the oldschool Lobo but ima keep it a secret for now.

million_suns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doubtless your would be a better idea than mine, but please, somebody... ANYBODY just expunge this lousy emobo from my memory.

ArcadiaExeter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ArcadiaExeter

I see no problem with forgetting everything from the past for Lobo in the new 52. i liked the idea from Reign in Hell and of all the 'reboots" of Lobo that have taken place in the past few years, i think thats definitely my favorite but i also think that the new 52 and forgetting about all the canon that came before is important for saving a lot of characters including Lobo.

at this point what i would like them to do is take the personality of this new Lobo we are seeing in Supergirl right now, and put it into the body of the Lobo from the Deathstroke appearances (but please god dont let Liefeld draw it). That would give them a teenage looking Lobo, which is what they seem to want, that still stays semi-true to his look while at the same time giving us a new twist on him which, like it or not, is what he needs. The 80's over the top type Lobo cannot survive these days and a Lobo fan we have to be willing to compromise.

but god...do i hate how he looks now.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#5  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@arcadiaexeter: this sounds reasonable. I'd make him look somewhat like he did during Doug Mahnke's GL run and is be lying if I said I wouldn't take a more serious badass villain Lobo over macho "anti-hero" Lobo.

million_suns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By million_suns

I liked Lobo as he was. If Marvel can make the obvious, ridiculous comedic stylings of Deadpool viable, even in the more mainstream books, then why change Lobo? I don't even MIND the new Lobo, the Blue Jackman guy, if he wasn't Lobo. He's not a bad character, but don't tell me that the Lobo I've followed for ages isn't the real Lobo. Just to get teenage girls to buy comics with a cruddy misunderstood James Dean-but-"psycho" archetype featured inside them.

The real Lobo would tear this geek to bits... Sigh. Not a happy dude.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.