Guy Ritchie Says Maybe He's Not Directing Lobo

Posted by G-Man (34542 posts) - - Show Bio

Lobo fans have been waiting to hear news on the movie adaption.  Having Guy Ritchie attached has given the movie some credibility.  A movie version could be either really good or complete garbage.  Now it seems that perhaps Guy Ritchie isn't definitely attached to the film.

Rick Marhall at MTV tried getting some questions out of him during a recent "Sherlock Holmes" junket.

"Is it a matter of fact that I'm doing it?" Ritchie asked when told of reports framing his participation in "Lobo" as a done deal. "I don't think it's a matter of fact. In fact, I can tell you it's not a matter of fact."

"Isn't there a fifth amendment or something?" he laughed. 

What does this mean?  Is he not going to be involved?  Is he just not allowed to comment at this point?  Does he think announcing that he's not involved would squash the hopes and dreams of us fans?  There's still the question of who could play Lobo and how it could be done (CG vs. costume).  Hopefully we'll hear something soon.
Staff
#1 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

Lobo looks cool.... I don't really know anything about him except that he's got one of the most ridiculous healing factors EVER, but other than that, he looks like a cool character.....
#2 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he'd be good with his witty dialogue he has in his movies. 
#3 Posted by Decept-O (7278 posts) - - Show Bio

Good decision.  It makes more sense for Guy Ritchie to direct a movie about the craptastic TV show "The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo": 

*crickets*
#4 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O:
or maybe BJ and the Bear 

nothing says"manly" like the story of a man and his monkey
#5 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh well.
#6 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moomin123 said:
" Oh well. "
Are you more moomin than human?
#7 Posted by Decept-O (7278 posts) - - Show Bio

@Empero rGonzo Noir:  Ha!!  Oh, yeah, the days when a truck driver just wanted to go about his biz with a monkey (was it a chimp?) in his big rig.   

I like most of Guy Ritchie's movies, but having a movie about Lobo seems kind of out of place and even more out of place with him involved.  It probably won't happen, so it doesn't matter.
#8 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O:
Or Jake and the Fat Man LOL
#9 Posted by captainrage (249 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't realise Lobo was an east end gangster, played by Ray Winston..

#10 Posted by Argentino_18 (955 posts) - - Show Bio

Ray Stevenson must do Lobo... it would be great..

#11 Posted by drawme (423 posts) - - Show Bio

There are better choices than Ritchie.

#12 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7870 posts) - - Show Bio
@drawme said:
" There are better choices than Ritchie. "

#13 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Lobo=hate

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.