Does he deserve his own comic in the second wave?

#1 Posted by RScottH08 (249 posts) - - Show Bio

So, i was looking at the future release of some comics to pull and i saw that Lobo Unbound is being collected into a tpb. It got me wondering again. Do you think he deserves or will get his own comic in the second wave, along with JSA, Batman Inc, and the possible Marvel Family one? 

Personaly i would really like to see one, but thats just cuz im a fan.
#2 Posted by jhazzroucher (16384 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe he deserves to have one.

#3 Posted by Dakotax6 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yes. *The Ace of Spades!*

#4 Posted by RScottH08 (249 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dakotax6
Haha, i hope he gets one to, and of course Ace of Spades should be Lobo's theme song, it fits perfectly. i'm glad you remebered that.
#5 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

He deserves several alas he shall be lucky to receive one

#6 Posted by RScottH08 (249 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor
i know, i feel the same way. he should but prob wont. i feel the same about several characters that arent in the DCnU yet.
#7 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

@RScottH08:

I'd read it, though I think Lobo's an anachronism now. He worked best when he was a parody of the stuff he sadly devolved into. If somebody can write him as the self aware parody he once was I'd enjoy it greatly.

#8 Posted by The_Tree (7864 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd be nice to see him get a series, I'm really hoping for a lot of great things to come out of the second wave.

#9 Posted by RScottH08 (249 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree
definetley, i am also hoping for some other suprises in the second wave
#10 Posted by The_Tree (7864 posts) - - Show Bio

@RScottH08: Yes, I'm really hoping that JSA is great, and I'm also hoping that we get another Doom Patrol series, I miss them so much!

#11 Posted by RScottH08 (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom patrol would be awsome too
#12 Posted by TheRedRobin96 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Robin would be great! A Joker mini after the Penguin would be great aswell! A Marvel Family would be cool! Or a Black Adam mini.

#13 Posted by RScottH08 (249 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheRedRobin96
i was actually suprised that with so many batman titles red robin wasnt one of them, guess cuz of how many, and i think some type of marvel one has pretty much been all except confirmed.
#14 Posted by entropy_aegis (15472 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes i think one might be cool.

@TheRedRobin96 said:

Red Robin would be great! A Joker mini after the Penguin would be great aswell! A Marvel Family would be cool! Or a Black Adam mini.

Meh on Joker and Adam,i like them but they've become too overused in recent times.Gimme a Zod,Mongul and Bane mini.

#15 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9247 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we should see Lobo in other series first in the Dc reboot and see if the fans like him. Than if they do give him a series.

#16 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say yes but he would not get the creative team he deserves and his book would be awful. Also it should only be a mini 12 issues at max

#17 Posted by TheRedRobin96 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: I could due with out the other titles I mentioned but I would like the Joker. I agree with you a Bane series would kick ass!

#18 Posted by The Stegman (25494 posts) - - Show Bio

If Deadpool can get an ongoing, the Lobo without a doubt can

#19 Posted by RScottH08 (249 posts) - - Show Bio

ok, so if he did show up in a different comic, which do you all think it would be?

#20 Posted by RScottH08 (249 posts) - - Show Bio

i guess there would be two different ways you could introduce in a different comic. one would be to put him in a big name one and see if his popularity is on par and what not. and/or the second i guess would be to have show up in a smaller name one to see how much he could add to it.

#21 Posted by Kairan1979 (16897 posts) - - Show Bio
@RScottH08
I was thinking about Superman comic book. Lobo wants to capture somebody who is hiding in Metropolis, Superman who is caught in the middle of it, and the comments from General Lane that he attract madmen to Metropolis.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.