DC HAS GONE TOO FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone get a good look at that. Guess who it's supposed to be. LOBO!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE NEW DESIGN FOR LOBO!!!!!!!!!!!

Say goodbye to this awesome Main Man!!!!

Say hello to skinny wimp!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!! Just....... just....... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!

#2 Posted by Squalleon (4538 posts) - - Show Bio

There are two more designs you haven't shown....Don't say you forgot.

#3 Edited by Lvenger (19256 posts) - - Show Bio

@smart_dork_dude: Those are probably younger Lobo designs. The other two above those comments are more likely to be the older Lobo designs. Say what you will about the equipment but at least in the looks department, it's not too far from the usual Main Man.

#4 Edited by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

as long as they don't change his attitude.

#5 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

The image of Lobo as a Dick Grayson esque pretty boy makes me laugh.

#6 Edited by Akindoodle (1010 posts) - - Show Bio

@smart_dork_dude: that is right MANKY! What the f*ck is that supposed to be?!

@squalleon: Now we're talking. I especially favour the last one. Might be the presence of the cigar

But in the end, I still want biker leather

#7 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: Oh!!!!! Yeah the Samurai Lobo. Look, I love samurai stuff, BUT LOBO IS A SPACE BIKER!!!!!!!!!! BIKER!!!!!!!!!!! He's the poster boy for Heavy Metal and over the top comic book violence!!!!!!!!

When I see Lobo, I should instantly think bad ass Heavy Metal blaring in he background like this!!!

These right here should be Lobo's theme song!!!!!

#8 Posted by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

At least he looks better then the old lobo.

#9 Posted by danhimself (22490 posts) - - Show Bio

those are only preliminary designs...they settled on the design in the OP

#10 Posted by The_Terramachy (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty boy lobo, hehhehehhehehehehehahhahaahahahAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

#11 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my god.

Well, time to crawl into a bottle and cry.

DC....You suck, really. You do.

#12 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5374 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: where does it say this? The DC website had the other design as final version.

#13 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

@biteme_fanboy: Haha i was kinda waiting for you to come in and say something, you were sporting Lobo as an Av for a long time right? :D

#14 Posted by TheCannon (18296 posts) - - Show Bio

The pics in the OP look awful, but as others have said, the pics in the second post will probably be the adult Lobo design.

While I don't care for the design, it's not a huge problem for me as long as his character isn't butchered.

#15 Edited by Squalleon (4538 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@wavemotioncannon said:

@danhimself: where does it say this? The DC website had the other design as final version.

No, they said

There was a lot of thought put into how the real Lobo should look. Kenneth Rocafort’s various interpretations blew us away, but the design we landed on as the final choice is the last one in the above gallery.

This is the last one

#17 Posted by Strider92 (16253 posts) - - Show Bio

If this wasn't meant to be Lobo i'd actually say that looks like a pretty decent character design but as it is..........DEAR GOD WTF ARE THEY THINKING?

#18 Edited by Web_Flotsam (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

@smart_dork_dude: It's a cool design, but it's not Lobo. Now I'm just going to wait here for the last son of Carzania to see this...

#19 Edited by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: Oh!!!!! Yeah the Samurai Lobo. Look, I love samurai stuff, BUT LOBO IS A SPACE BIKER!!!!!!!!!! BIKER!!!!!!!!!!! He's the poster boy for Heavy Metal and over the top comic book violence!!!!!!!!

When I see Lobo, I should instantly think bad ass Heavy Metal blaring in he background like this!!!

These right here should be Lobo's theme song!!!!!

I get where you're coming from. If i look at the pretty boy design it looks more like he listens to screamo or bullet for my valentine :D

#20 Posted by Squalleon (4538 posts) - - Show Bio

I will throw the original LOBO design out there for fun :-P

#21 Edited by Xwraith (17226 posts) - - Show Bio

Bishounen Lobo.

Those two words should never be anywhere near each other.

#22 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360: @strider92: @stormbox: @squalleon:

You see?! They are completely missing the POINT of Lobo!!!!! NO ONE TAKES LOBO SERIOUSLY!!!!!!! That's the point!!! He's a parody!!!! He is the ultimate bad ass!!!!! He is pure machismo and satire!!!! That's what makes him work!!!!!! He supposed to be an over-the-top hyper-parody of guys like Wolverine, Cable, The Punisher, all the gruff and edgy superheroes out there. He survived well past the 90's because they embraced the nonsensical nature of him!!!!!! He's killed Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny. He's been literally kicked out of the afterlife because he was too wild for hell OR heaven!!!

That's why this sucks!!!!!! He's been completely made stone-cold serious!!!! You look at Lobo, you see an alien that looks like a member of KISS wearing a very Earth-styled biker get-up riding a flying motorcycle and SMOKING a cigar in the vacuum of space. Well all of that's thrown out the window now!!!!!

#23 Edited by Hel (487 posts) - - Show Bio

Top picture, is that a hook gun hes holding?

Looks like its made by a yaoi-fan (yes, I had to google that) and its actually worst than Liefeld

Oh my god.

Keep that bottle cap open, Im coming in with you..

#24 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11367 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormbox: That's not Lobo, that's Dick Grayson of Carzania.

#25 Posted by RustyRoy (11974 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF!! Did they turned Lobo into a pretty boy? Now everyone in DCnU will look like brothers and sisters.

#27 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

Bishounen Lobo.

Those two words should never be anywhere near each other.

Bahahaha

#28 Posted by ArcadiaExeter (55 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by danhimself (22490 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by RustyRoy (11974 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Billy Batson (57939 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the old Lobo hadn't been written well in a long time and the character became irrelevant.

BB

#32 Posted by danhimself (22490 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Oh naturally, because that's just what we need. A character that actually LOOKS like Lobo, to be killed by a character that's SUPPOSED to be Lobo, who looks NOTHING like Lobo. Yeah, I couldn't think of a better metaphor for the current state of DC if I tried.

#34 Edited by kingmark14 (768 posts) - - Show Bio

Strider92, I agree. I'm not much of a lobo fan. But still... the design is quite pleasant. But as it is, I guess it's safe to assume that many more people will have a problem with the new pretty boy Lobo. I hope they are not that stupid. Dc? I've a request. Don't be Petarded. Be smart.

#35 Posted by ArcadiaExeter (55 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson: so you change the character. you give him weaknesses that fit his original idea (like not being able to bleed if you don't want a army of him, or being kept to his word no matter what, or even what they did in the new stormwatch was good) but you don't have to make him look like a joke. every time a designer does this to Lobo it's like they have a personal vendetta against the character and this is their revenge. Lobo should be a villian on the level of Darkseid but DC never seems to know how to do that.

#36 Posted by DrunkVader (794 posts) - - Show Bio

oh god I hope that's a younger lobo

#37 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the new character design. I'm actually interested in reading issues featuring Lobo if this design is kept.

#38 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5374 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormbox: I stand corrected and that design sucks donkey ass. Throw a mask on him and he's Red Hood with kusarigamas

#39 Posted by Wolverine08 (41065 posts) - - Show Bio

#40 Posted by flazam (2491 posts) - - Show Bio

What did I just see?!

#41 Edited by M3th (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

I know everyone is going to hate me but it doesn't look that bad. I like his gear a lot. It is just weird to see him as a pretty boy. He looks too much like H'El for me. Still, I can dig his new look.

#42 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (16721 posts) - - Show Bio

This one looks ok.. Reminds me of this guy, though:

@rustyroy said:

@squalleon said:

This is possibly the new 52 FINAL LOBO design since it is the cover of JL 23.2

This one looks better.

Agreed.

#43 Edited by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: It gets worse. Here's a statement about this new Lobo

"This Lobo is equal parts strong, vicious, and driven. There’s a darker and more logical idea about what a force of nature like him is capable of. After all, this is someone who can infiltrate high society, fly a space ship, and adhere to a very specific moral code that’s not your typical anti-hero one."

Read more at

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=85866#yjfTS6bWmAsix76p.99

INFILTRATE HIGH SOCIETY?!?!??!?! LOBO IS SUPPOSED TO BLOW SOCIETY TO SMITHEREENS!!!! HE DOESN'T DO CRAP LIKE SNEAK IN A PLACE!!!! HE BLOWS HIS WAY IN GUNS BLAZING!!!!!!!

#44 Posted by GLJedi (46 posts) - - Show Bio

According to the original article from DC, the two pics of the more adult looking Lobo are preliminary pics and the two pics of the younger Lobo is what they settled on. The Lobo that has been seen recently in the New 52 is an imposter.

#45 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, first Justice League of Canada and now THIS!

#46 Posted by w0nd (3264 posts) - - Show Bio
@gljedi said:

According to the original article from DC, the two pics of the more adult looking Lobo are preliminary pics and the two pics of the younger Lobo is what they settled on. The Lobo that has been seen recently in the New 52 is an imposter.

So the lobo that ACTED like the original lobo is the imposter and this one is the real one.....interesting.

#47 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

#48 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

#49 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

@biteme_fanboy said:

Oh my god.

Meanwhile, At BiteMe-Fanboy's House:

#50 Posted by Nerd Of A Hero (862 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: I like that first design better even if he looks more like a samurai

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.