Follow

Lobo

Character » Lobo appears in 1130 issues.

The last of the Czarnians, Lobo is known and feared across the universe as a bounty hunter who never misses his mark. Super-strong, immortal and unstoppable, the Main Man has frequently clashed with Superman, although they have on occasion found themselves on the same side.

Bisley's Vision

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

I just want to publicly state that I really do hope that the new series which Matt previewed last month does find a way to redeem itself from this new character design. I truly do not understand the motivation for the change - and I would love to hear it from DC.

I see that a few folks like the re-design and that is fine; I am not opposed to having another character (another Cznarian who survived..?) with said traits - just not the Lobo I've followed so diligently these last 20 years.

Lobo is a unique character arch-type in the DC universe. The closest parallel I can summon is of course Wolverine from Marvel but there's an argument for a Judge Dredd. What the point is - is that Lobo fulfills a very unique marketing niche for DC if they were to market him appropriately.

If needed, slap a mature label on him - put him on Vertigo's line-up even. But don't completely remove him from ongoing cannon - his irregular appearances in other ongoing titles are a fantastic break as stand-alone stories.

Change is good, it helps stir creative energy. However, this large of a paradigm shift completely isolates those of us whom have so much invested in a character that is now being called 'fake'. At this point you could have him sparkle in daylight and it would make more marketing sense.

I truly hope DC finds a way to reconcile this and not throw away almost 3 decades worth of a character that has brought so many great stories.

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Agreed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.