Follow

Lizard

Character » Lizard appears in 1032 issues.

During an experiment, Dr. Curtis Connors accidentally turned himself into a ferocious reptilian monster who seeks to turn humans into lizards like himself. The Lizard is one of Spider-Man’s oldest and deadliest foes while ironically, his alter ego is a close friend and former teacher of Spidey’s alter ego, Peter Parker.

Rhys Ifans Is The Lizard in the Spider-Man Reboot

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Edited By sora_thekey

Two days Ago it was announced that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I actor, Rhys Ifans will be the villain in the 2012 Spider-Man Reboot. Well, news travels fast on the Internet because TheWrap has just announced an exclusive: Rhys Ifans will be playing the experiment gone wrong character; The Lizard

No Caption Provided
    The Curt Connors character has been in previous Sony movies played by Dylan Baker, yet the Lizard alter ego has yet to surface in the Spider-Man movie universe. 
    With the movie's plot being set in Peter Parker's high school days, I am wondering, how this Empire State University teacher and doctor will enter this story. The first thing that comes to mind is the Spectacular Spider-Man animated series story in which Peter and Gwen Stacy become interns at Connor's lab. During the series both of them witness experiments gone wrong such as Electro and Venom which could be setting stage for future movies.
    Sony's 2012 Spider-Man Reboot begins production on December of this year, starring Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, and now Rhys Ifans; Lizard. The movie is set to come out July 3, 2012.

What do you think of the villain's choice for Ifans and for the movie? 
    -- Geo ( sora_thekey), long time user, blogger, wiki editor of the Whiskey Media Sites, and an all time geek!  
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Meh, I'm ok with that. I'm not a big fan of the Lizard (he just seems like a crappy Hulk), but I'll reserve judgement til I see the final product

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Primmaster64

Aleluya

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sora_thekey
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    "I'm not a big fan of the Lizard (he just seems like a crappy Hulk)"
    I never thought of it that way. He is not in control in this other version of himself and he has a color-matching situation going on! Hmmm...
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @sora_thekey said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    "I'm not a big fan of the Lizard (he just seems like a crappy Hulk)"
    I never thought of it that way. He is not in control in this other version of himself and he has a color-matching situation going on! Hmmm... "
    You know that Secret Wars episode of Spider-Man the Animated Series? They actually used the Lizard because they weren't allowed to use the Hulk. 

Well meaning Scientist, exposed to horrific accident, changes into an uncontrollable monster with superhuman strength and healing abilities, can only be comforted by the sight of a loved one.... They're the same! lol
    TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By TheMess1428

This is a legit announcement right?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By danhimself

if they were to follow the Lizard arc of Spectacular Spider-man then the movie could do pretty well

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Gambit1024

Aw man, I was rooting for Mysterio  :(

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By jordama

I like the choice of villian, not sure about the actor.
    shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

It'll be interesting to see if Dr. Connors plays a larger role but not sure I like Lizard as the main villain.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sora_thekey
    @TheMess1428:  Yes!
    @danhimself said:
    " if they were to follow the Lizard arc of Spectacular Spider-man then the movie could do pretty well "
    I agree, although if they were to follow the Lizard arc in Spectacular then I would've preferred for another villain to be in this movie so you get a chance to feel bad for the guy once you are attached to the character. 

@Shatterstar said:
    " It'll be interesting to see if Dr. Connors plays a larger role but not sure I like Lizard as the main villain. "
    Do you not think he can hold his own?
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By danhimself

I think the Lizard could hold his own as the main villain just fine...he's got plenty of drama to make you really care about him...what with his wife and son and he's strong enough to give Spidey a run for his money

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By InnerVenom123

Wow.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

THEY HAVE THE SAME HAIR!
    shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator
    @sora_thekey said:
    " @TheMess1428:  Yes!
    @danhimself said:
    " if they were to follow the Lizard arc of Spectacular Spider-man then the movie could do pretty well "
    I agree, although if they were to follow the Lizard arc in Spectacular then I would've preferred for another villain to be in this movie so you get a chance to feel bad for the guy once you are attached to the character. 

@Shatterstar said:
    " It'll be interesting to see if Dr. Connors plays a larger role but not sure I like Lizard as the main villain. "
    Do you not think he can hold his own? "
    Its not that, its more I'd have rather seen them go with a villain thats traditionally presented more of a threat to Spidey - the Chameleon, the Jackal, Sinister Six, Kraven etc. 
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sora_thekey
    @danhimself said:
    " I think the Lizard could hold his own as the main villain just fine...he's got plenty of drama to make you really care about him...what with his wife and son and he's strong enough to give Spidey a run for his money "
    Yeah but if you give him a movie then kill/destroy/defeat him in the same movie he falls into the evil man rather than the misunderstood hero.
    It's like killing Gwen in the same movie she's introduced!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.