Our First Look At the Lizard in 'The Amazing Spider-Man'... On A Pez?

Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
Old school...

Well, this might be the first time that the look of major movie super-villain has ever been leaked on account of a PEZ dispenser. CBM’s found what seems to be our first glimpse at the Lizard as he’ll appear in that Amazing Spider-Man flick due next summer. If there’s any kind of escalation in this particular niche, I suppose we’ll see next see what Michael Shannon looks like as General Zod when the Man of Steel tie-in toothpaste tubes get leaked by some sneaky Crest employee.

== TEASER ==
...and new school?

Anyway, nobody should be jumping to any conclusions about Spidey’s next on-screen foe because of a PEZ dispenser. Seriously, go on and grab the Cap and Thor Pez and see how representative they are of what you saw on screen. In the broad strokes, we can at least say that this Lizard is probably going to be more accurate to the creature originally envisioned by Steve Ditko (as you’ll see above.) That is, he’ll be leaning more to the “man” side of the “man-monster” equation with the absence of a reptilian bill and snout to complement his fangs, scales and beady eyes.

What that really means is that Mr. Ifans will have more room to emote under all the make-up and prosthetics right? Thespians rejoice!

#1 Posted by the_fallen11 (636 posts) - - Show Bio

killer croc?? what are you doing in a spiderman movie?

#2 Posted by sora_thekey (8154 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow... When I thought about seeing the Lizard for the first time I thought it would be in a cool movie poster, not a PEZ dispenser.

Either way, if that is how the Lizard is going to look in the movie it doesn't look too bad.

#3 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8905 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he looks better once we see some promotional pictures or see him in the movie

#4 Posted by LordRequiem (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

The bill and snout lizard is the lizard I grew up loving. I have the excellent animated series to thank for that.

#5 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

bad pez...

#6 Posted by inferiorego (21261 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks exactly like one of my old he-man toys.... he has a snake-man

Staff
#7 Posted by zmanm407 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never been too fond of the Ditko Lizard

but what the Hell? Not bad, imo

I'm excited to this flick (but I was excited before the Pez, lol)

#8 Edited by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

No this is wrong. Read blogs, everyone who was at the comiccon thing said this pezz dispenser is horribly unaccurate. This is a leaked cellphone-ish photo from the comicon sneak peak thing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4QudWaUq3U

That youtube URL is a guy whose been keeping up with the movie and went to the comicon thing himself and talks about how this is wrong. Relax, that's just a shitty pezz :p To be fair though it appears to have steps in the transformation, and that could be one of the stages.

#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

He won't look like that in the movie.

#10 Posted by The Impersonator (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_fallen11 said:

lol.

#11 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@SexualLobster said:

No this is wrong. Read blogs, everyone who was at the comiccon thing said this pezz dispenser is horribly unaccurate. This is a leaked cellphone-ish photo from the comicon sneak peak thing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4QudWaUq3U

That youtube URL is a guy whose been keeping up with the movie and went to the comicon thing himself and talks about how this is wrong. Relax, that's just a shitty pezz :p To be fair though it appears to have steps in the transformation, and that could be one of the stages.

Just because it was at Comiccon doesn't mean they won't change it later. Remember the original Venom pics from Spiderman 3, and how they looked like VENOM, and in the movie he looked more like Carnage?

#12 Posted by BritishMonkey (321 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm actually rather glad i haven't seen what lizard looks like properly

it'd be more of a surprise when you see the film

#13 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Yikes, I thought Killer Croc was part of the DCU and not the MU? Seriously though...seriously, that better not be the end result.

#14 Posted by fivestarga (239 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I may be the only one, but I thought Venom looked good in Spidey 3. He was physically imposing, and had a good facial transformation.

#15 Posted by CitizenJP (594 posts) - - Show Bio

Siiick, it'd look alot cooler if it wasn't a plastic pez thingy, but I like where it's goin.

#16 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Very retro, indeed!

#17 Posted by Cervantes (634 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Muuuuuust see movie

#19 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like whatever but not as Lizard, unless not the actual

#20 Posted by nonfiction91 (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

he looks more like killer croc to me, but it seems like he isnt going to look like a doofy cartoon lizard which I was hoping on, I know if it was Sam Raimi, director of the other franchise, He'd of thrown the purple pants on him and made him pathetic and eventually for no real reason He'd be spidey's bet friend by the end after a 5 minute conversation about love and duty or something, in which case he sacrifices himself...like in pretty much all three raimi joints.

*crosses fingers for some prosthetics instead of just CGI*

#21 Posted by nonfiction91 (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

heres a bit of a better pic of the leaked lizard, with his tongue out lol

#22 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_fallen11 said:

My first thought as well. Not that this would be terrible, just not what I'm used to growing up with the 90s Spidey cartoon.

#23 Posted by GhostPig (39 posts) - - Show Bio

ITS A GOOMBA!

#24 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm OK with this head.

#25 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32918 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be cool if Liz was more like the Shed version

#26 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

New image.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.