New Viral Videos from 'The Amazing Spider-Man' Show Rhys Ifans as Dr. Curt Connors

Posted by G-Man (29390 posts) - - Show Bio

When it comes to marketing movies, studios sometimes heavily rely on multiple trailers or TV spots. Lately we've been seeing more of a shift to viral campaigns. These require viewers to search at certain websites or locations for clues to unlock the hidden content. Once it's unlocked, it's pretty much available for everyone to see.

Some new videos have popped up featuring Rhys Ifans as Dr. Curt Connors while working at Oscorp. SuperHeroHype has uncovered these videos from the viral campaign started last week. The clues to unlocking the content appears in images posted at OscorpIndustries.com/EmpiraclResearch and OscorpIndustries.com/ConfoundingVariable. At those links, you can find images such as this:

== TEASER ==

As for the videos, check them out below. We get to see Connors before (obviously) his transformation. What can we take away from these videos?

What are your thoughts on viral campaigns? I've mentioned before that I'm not the biggest fan. They can provide a different look at movies rather than the typical movie clips/trailers we usually see. Perhaps some enjoy hunting down the different clues to unlock the footage.

The Amazing Spider-Man opens in theaters on July 3rd.

Staff
#1 Posted by FLStyle (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Viral Campaigns for me depend on the context and the actors involved. In this case, Ifans does a great job of building up his eventual transformation.

#2 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. It may only work with movies that have a core fan base eager to find the clues.

#3 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

This could work...I think it will.

#4 Posted by incredible_bulk77 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

to be clear i'm very much looking forward to this movie. i love spider-man and simply can't wait. however, i could do without these.

#5 Posted by ravisher (605 posts) - - Show Bio

idk why but i thought a screamer was going to happen

been seeing too many screamers

#6 Posted by VictorGrey (12868 posts) - - Show Bio

I like viral campaigns and they do get me hyped for the movie (Some of them) but I just disregard them soon enough.

#7 Posted by xAnimosity (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can't I ever view these videos on my iPad? :(

#8 Posted by devourerofworlds (32 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm liking the way hes portraying doc connors even in these small parts. hopefully he dives deep into the role for the whole movie

#9 Posted by Grim (2075 posts) - - Show Bio

@xAnimosity said:

Why can't I ever view these videos on my iPad? :(

Try downloading and using the Puffin web browser. It streams video to you from a puffin server. I dont know if i would trust it for sensitive info (banking and what not) but i used to use it to watch flash video all the time.

#10 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

In truth I love the interactivity behind it but I don't think its for everyone. Only the hardcore fans will probably appreciate this in all honesty.

#11 Posted by montycbh (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta love 15 second movie ads before 24 second movie ads

#12 Posted by KidSupreme (824 posts) - - Show Bio

i cant wait!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.