I was reading Lizard's return arc, "Shed", and I noticed...

#1 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Connor's arm, in part one... he is shown to have two at times, (the first half of the book), then one. Then two for a page, then one.... why on Earth did the editor not catch this??

#2 Posted by sora_thekey (8179 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: It's probably not a mistake... 
Take note that the gauntlet is a story line where the bad guys get upgrades... So maybe it's a new ability...
#3 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
"@InnerVenom123: It's probably not a mistake... Take note that the gauntlet is a story line where the bad guys get upgrades... So maybe it's a new ability... "

Amazing that im not the only one that spotted this, Gauntlet is a storyline where the villains are upgraded and more serious as we once knew them. But why would they have Dr Conners miracle grow his arm at will when he's human is beyond me, but what I do know, is that if they did intend to have Dr Conners miracle grow his arm, then that is byfar the most pot-head idea that I have ever seen. That is as stupid as having the Vulture fly only three inches off the ground without his wings.  

I see where some people would probably try to defend this flaw, because the Gauntlet is such an awesome storyline. But Marvel editors, artist, and writers have made many mistakes before. I wouldn't say its a big one, and it could be recovered if the storyline does progress well. But I do believe its a full-blown fact that its a flaw, which makes a whole lot of sense.
#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio
@MTHarman said:
" @sora_thekey said:
"@InnerVenom123: It's probably not a mistake... Take note that the gauntlet is a story line where the bad guys get upgrades... So maybe it's a new ability... "
Amazing that im not the only one that spotted this, Gauntlet is a storyline where the villains are upgraded and more serious as we once knew them. But why would they have Dr Conners miracle grow his arm at will when he's human is beyond me, but what I do know, is that if they did intend to have Dr Conners miracle grow his arm, then that is byfar the most pot-head idea that I have ever seen. That is as stupid as having the Vulture fly only three inches off the ground without his wings.   I see where some people would probably try to defend this flaw, because the Gauntlet is such an awesome storyline. But Marvel editors, artist, and writers have made many mistakes before. I wouldn't say its a big one, and it could be recovered if the storyline does progress well. But I do believe its a full-blown fact that its a flaw, which makes a whole lot of sense. "
It's not just that he had two arms, its that in the book, you can clearly see his arm disappear on some pages and re-appear on others.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.