Follow

Lizard

Character » Lizard appears in 1032 issues.

During an experiment, Dr. Curtis Connors accidentally turned himself into a ferocious reptilian monster who seeks to turn humans into lizards like himself. The Lizard is one of Spider-Man’s oldest and deadliest foes while ironically, his alter ego is a close friend and former teacher of Spidey’s alter ego, Peter Parker.

Christoph Waltz Will Not Be Playing Lizard

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided
    SuperHeroHype recently reported that Christoph Waltz, who played Col. Hans Landa in Inglorious Basterds, will not be playing the Lizard in the upcoming Sony Pictures Spider-Man reboot. Recently, rumors about the actor playing the role have been popping up over the internet.

According to SuperHeroHype's inside sources, who are on the set, there's a few things about the movie everyone knows for sure: Marc Webb is directing the film, Andrew Garfield will be playing Spider-Man, and the film will be in 3D & 2D in theaters July 3, 2012.

At this time, there is no confirmed news of who will be playing the Lizard or even if the Lizard will be in the film at all. It's still completely open. What can the average comic read expect to expect? Well according to imdb, James Vanderbilt is the screenwriter attached to the film, and he's a pretty versatile writer. He was the writer of Zodiac, The Rundown, Darkness Falls, and The Losers, so he can write in quite a few genres. So maybe during this summer blockbuster fans can expect to see an action packed film with elements of horror and drama, making this more than just another Spider-Man film. What do you guys think? What would you like to see in this film?
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By johnny_spam

These internet movie rumors are annoying what's more annoying is that people buy them. I would like to see Electro or Scorpion

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Magian

That's the thing with internet rumours, they are usually not confirmed. As for the movie, I just hope it's good.I hope that the Green Goblin won't be the villain. I still don't understand why they are doing the reboot. I just don't see the point.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Video_Martian

GOOD, He wouldn't have been a good Lizard anyway!

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By NightFang3
    @johnny spam said:
    " These internet movie rumors are annoying what's more annoying is that people buy them. I would like to see Electro or Scorpion.  "
    Sense it's a reboot, they should make the mean villain the Green Goblin but with the Kingpin pulling all the string.
    CaptainUseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By CaptainUseless
    @NightFang said:
    " @johnny spam said:
    " These internet movie rumors are annoying what's more annoying is that people buy them. I would like to see Electro or Scorpion.  "
    Sense it's a reboot, they should make the mean villain the Green Goblin but with the Kingpin pulling all the string. "
    That could be good.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NightFang3
    @CaptainUseless said:

" @NightFang said:

" @johnny spam said:
    Sense it's a reboot, they should make the mean villain the Green Goblin but with the Kingpin pulling all the string. "
    That could be good. "
    I thought the Kingpin was gonna show up in the last movie series but it never happen, so why not do it now?
    God_Module

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By God_Module

A reboot already? Everyone still watches the previous trilogy! Jeez, hollywood is really short on ideas. I'd still like to see Evil Ernie get his due in a movie. That'd be an epic movie. Horror, Suspense, Action, Drama, Romance and Supernatural/Sci-Fi all in one!

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By goldenkey

I can see them using the Lizard just because the movie might do a little better with an unused character.   Wondering what kind Goblin if any they'll use. 

levack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By levack

" James Vanderbilt is the screenwriter attached to the film, and he's a pretty versatile writer. He was the writer of Zodiac, The Rundown, Darkness Falls, and The Losers, so he can write in quite a few genres." But not of them all that GOOD if not just bland. 

Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10  Edited By Comiclove5

I really hate internet rumors.

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tyler Starke

Well since it's kind of an originish story It limits spidey's ability to take down tougher foes until he's more acclimated to his powers and blah blah blah, I would like the villain to be Lizard mostly because Sam Raimi teased us to death by putting Curt Conners in his movies but never letting him transform which I think would be pretty cool to see, but since all these movies are about sh*t popping out at you in 3-D( which I abhor  ) we will probably be set up with a flying villain who throws things at spidey and probably the audience as well, which is suchhhh an original idea by the way ( give me a break). So I'm guessing they will pull a Dark Knight and pick the green goblin.

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By shawn87

i just wanna know which villain is gonna be in the film

Ry Fryy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Ry Fryy

I never liked the original trilogy, so a reboot is fine with me because I really love Spider-man.  I just want to see him actually get a good movie.

Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Agent Buttons

-___-

Avatar image for deactivated-5a82f294c6df1
    deactivated-5a82f294c6df1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

:(                 I love Waltz!

innocence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By innocence

Christoph Waltz is old, the only thing i can see him playing is the Vulture.

Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@innocence said:
    "   Christoph Waltz is old, the only thing i can see him playing is the Vulture. "
    he's not that old, and he's not bald.
    He might make a good Uncle Ben believe it or not.
    What they should do is a film where Spidey fights just crooks and other types and then in the second half he realizes that the Kingpin is pulling the strings, and killed Uncle Ben because he thought Peter might be Spider-Man.
    skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By skaarason

lets just start the reboot with the sinister 6 ! 

Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By Pizawle

Oh well.

ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20  Edited By ComicCrazy

Oh I kinda hoped that wasn't just a rumor......anyways I don't really think the Lizard is that great a villain anyway so I don't really mind.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Korg

Good. I said it when the rumor first surfaced: Waltz's talent would be wasted on this movie.

wolfman54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By wolfman54

How bout an actually good venom instead of gay topher grace 

XFan616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By XFan616

meh. He could do alright as long as it isn't the old cheesy "Reptiles rule!!" lizard, but I would much rather see someone like Carnage and/or Black Cat. Rhino, Vulture even...not a huge Lizard guy. And since this is a reboot we need Norman Osborn, but he should feel...bigger. LIke a guy that could tear you in half himself just with his eyes. Willem Dafoe was alright but more of a nerdy sciency Osborn. His most appealing feature to me has always been his control, and the Goblin in Spider-Man was kinda chaotic...just didn't really do it for me.

Mentlegen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mentlegen
    @Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!:  I agree, going back to the really old spidey films back in the 70s (I think) it would be nice to see Spidey fighting everyday crooks and maybe having some inderrated villians such as The Shocker which in the comics Kingpin pays to hunt down Spidey, leading upto a show down with the Kingpin however I'd like them to do a better job then DareDevil turned out to be.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.