Follow

Living Tribunal

Character » Living Tribunal appears in 177 issues.

The Living Tribunal is a single entity existing across the entire Marvel Multiverse. He is the Judge of the Marvel Multiverse and the arbitrator of cosmic justice. He is above the likes of the Celestials, Galactus, Eternity, Death, and Infinity. The Living Tribunal doesn't have his own free will, as he serves the will of the creator of the Marvel Multiverse, The One Above All.

when has LT ever doen anything usefull?

Avatar image for killer_of_trolls
    Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

we all know that he is the judge of the marvel multiverse, but most people even in wikis, say that he sacrifices millions to save billions, and billions to save trillions or something like that. 
    and I was wondering, whe has he ever saved anyone(and I don't mean summoning someone else to do the dirty work).
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PrinceIMC

He's not a force for good, he's a force for balance.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Because the life of one person or even one planet or galaxy is insignificant in the eyes of the Living Tribunal.

Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Killer_of_trolls
    @jloneblackheart: 2 words "Chaos Wars" 

he didn't seem to care much when Amatsu-Mikaboshi had already absorved 99.96% of the multiverse, or is that still not enough!? 
    sorry,your answer was kinda disappointing. I didn't mention anything about a galaxy or even a certain person. 
    but if you really do have an answer for the topic, instead of more additional irrelevant information, I would be happy to hear it. 

@PrinceIMC:  when has he ever "balanced" anything. again, the 2 words above

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @rapest_of_super_heros Bad example. The amount of plot holes in Chaos War was amazing. Just a terrible arc.

LT would have stopped Mikaboshi soon enough, but that doesn't make for much of a story.
    Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Killer_of_trolls
    @jloneblackheart
    again, when has he ever saved anyone, doesn't matter how much(person or a some universes), that is what I asked? if he never did then just say so.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By joshmightbe
    @rapest_of_super_heros: LT did make it so no one could ever use the infinity gems in unison again to prevent things like the Infinity Gauntlet event from ever happening again
    Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Killer_of_trolls
    @joshmightbe
    yeah theres that, but I was hoping someone would post the scans of him using an M-body to fight a monster, I saw it once in the battle forum but don't remember which thread.
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @rapest_of_super_heros There's no need to be rude. Your question was 'has he ever saved anyone,' which is what I answered.

The LT isn't a super hero and it isn't his purpose to save anyone. It is to balance the multiverse and ensure that it continues to exist. One universe is insignificant. If Mikaboshi destroys one it's no big deal to him.

Maybe you should try reading the wiki page and then you won't have to be disappointed when someone answers your question. Then you could learn his purpose and not ask your irrelevant question.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @jloneblackheart said:
    @rapest_of_super_heros There's no need to be rude. Your question was 'has he ever saved anyone,' which is what I answered. The LT isn't a super hero and it isn't his purpose to save anyone. It is to balance the multiverse and ensure that it continues to exist. One universe is insignificant. If Mikaboshi destroys one it's no big deal to him. Maybe you should try reading the wiki page and then you won't have to be disappointed when someone answers your question. Then you could learn his purpose and not ask your irrelevant question.
    This.
    Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Killer_of_trolls
    @jloneblackheart
    Umm, I already know all his wiki by heart, and I know his job is. but he did have some fights using M-bodies which were shown in the battle forum against some monsters. that is why I asked the question. 

ps:wasn't being rude, seriously. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#12  Edited By SC  Moderator

His presence prevents everything from going wrong. Without Living Tribunal's intervention Paris Hilton would be King, Justin Bieber would be an earring everyone would be forced to wear, and we would have our mouths and eyes on the soles of our feet.  

Essentially... the way Living Tribunal works, is he does a good job by us not knowing what he does, because if we know what he does, it means he messed up.  Everything is around? Thats it. Thats his job. Better to ask such a question if there were no Marvel comics. Plus if we did not exist. The day we all die if that day is the day no more Marvel comics character exist in any shape of form, that is the day Living Tribunal has screwed the Lockjaw. 

Chaos War? Living Tribunal already knew Herc would say the day. Why would Living Tribunal be a jerk and be a glory hound. Its not like everything won't be fixed.  

Living Tribunal is like teh GREATEST HEART surgeon of all time. You only get to know his supreme swagger if your heart has like... a super rare STD. 

jerfro23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jerfro23

There was protge that gave him hard time when he copyed his powers and dreaming celestial helped him

Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Boobster
    @jerfro23 said:
    "

There was protge that gave him hard time when he copyed his powers and dreaming celestial helped him

"
    Scathan helped him, not Tiamut.
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Kairan1979

Question - when was Living Tribunal when Timebrokers screwed up the Multiverse?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.