Follow

Link

Character » Link appears in 145 issues.

Link is the name given to the playable protagonist of Nintendo's popular "The Legend of Zelda" video game series. There exist several incarnations of Link thoughout various time periods, though they all the share the mantle of the hero chosen by the Gods to save the land of Hyrule. One of the most famous video game characters, Link has inevitably appeared in several Manga and comic book adaptations.

New Legend of Zelda TV series?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

Whadda yall think about having a new LOZ tv series? I mean the much older one, was kinda......I dunno it just didn't seem like a legend of zelda series to me at all when watching it. I think having a new animated series would do wonders, however I wouldn't suggests that they do it in the animation that they do for shows now. My suggest would be it more along the lines of like Batman: TAS or DBZ or Casshern Sins, a dark theme or sorts with grit to it and violence. So whats everyone think, would yall support a new Legend of Zelda tv series?

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Twentyfive

Even if fans support it, Nintendo won't. After the Mario movie flopped, they'll never risk having their property on TV or on screen.

blur99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By blur99

The memories. I think a new Zelda series would be hard to pull off.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
    @Twentyfive said:

Even if fans support it, Nintendo won't. After the Mario movie flopped, they'll never risk having their property on TV or on screen.

I suppose so, but its not like they couldn't try again and compared to what they had to use back then to make a movie what they use now could make something work. 
     @blur99 said:

The memories. I think a new Zelda series would be hard to pull off.

See I dunno about that, it just doesn't seem to really fit with the games that came before this. If the writers/animators really did try hard, they could make a good show....though I did like the "well excuse me princess". :P That was always funny.
    jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By jwalser3

@Twentyfive:That sucks, I would have really like to see that happen.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Blood1991

Link doesn't really talk so he would need an amazing supporting cast and Zelda needs to be bad a$$ and not some just a damsel in distress.

Don't see it happening, but I would watch it.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
    @Blood1991 said:

Link doesn't really talk so he would need an amazing supporting cast and Zelda needs to be bad a$$ and not some just a damsel in distress.

Don't see it happening, but I would watch it.

Link can talk, he talked in the older animated series. Just because he doesn't talk in the games doesn't mean he is mute, thats just for the player to give more the aspect of you being Link hence the name Link lol. I'm not so sure about Zelda being a BA....perhaps skill full, but not BA I could see her using magic and her Shiek transformation from time to time that would be neat. 

I actually ran through my head some ideas for episodes this morning, never was good at script writing though lol I'm more big picture!
    AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AweSam

Movie would be better.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
    @AweSam said:

Movie would be better.

The movie was actually real a fan film it was alright for fan made, watched it on youtube a while back. Guess they took it down though, it was different then this trailer though...wish I could find it.
    AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AweSam

@Wolfrazer said:

@AweSam said:

Movie would be better.

The movie was actually real a fan film it was alright for fan made, watched it on youtube a while back. Guess they took it down though, it was different then this trailer though...wish I could find it.

This is exactly how a real movie should be done.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
    @AweSam said:

@Wolfrazer said:

@AweSam said:

Movie would be better.

Perhaps not exactly like that, or at least get an actor with blonde hair. Still would prefer a TV series though, compared to a 1-2 hour movie.
    AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AweSam

@Wolfrazer said:

@AweSam said:

@Wolfrazer said:

@AweSam said:

Movie would be better.

Perhaps not exactly like that, or at least get an actor with blonde hair. Still would prefer a TV series though, compared to a 1-2 hour movie.

Aside from the ugly-ass Link, that trailer was perfect. A TV series would drag the story out and, well, TV series tend to lack the action needed for a good Legend of Zelda show.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
    @AweSam said:

@Wolfrazer said:

@AweSam said:

@Wolfrazer said:

@AweSam said:

Movie would be better.

Aside from the ugly-ass Link, that trailer was perfect. A TV series would drag the story out and, well, TV series tend to lack the action needed for a good Legend of Zelda show.

Well its not like theres just one story for legend of zelda, thats where the writers come in and make up new stories to go along. Perhaps introduce some new enemies, settings, and such.
    Avatar image for beardeddragons1437
    beardeddragons1437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it's not like they couldn't just make a 2-4 hour movie for it. It's been done before and still made a great movie. OR make a series of movies based off each game. A series would be hard to do, but if they really tried hard enough, they could do it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.