Follow

Lightsaber

Object » Lightsaber appears in 1035 issues.

A weapon in the Star Wars Universe associated with the Jedi and the Sith.

Light Sabers FAQ

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By speedlgt

ok I would like to establish what lightsabers can cut through and what weapons are best suited to face a jedi or sith.  This is looking at the very wide range of Comics universes and sci-fi realms.

Ok so first up is certain metals.

vibranium.  So caps shield can deflect the lightsabers attack. Maybe if the blade is pressed and held to the shield it can burn it but for the most part Cap should hold his own against this weapon.

adamantium: I figure the same as above it should be able to hold up to slash attacks.

heroes with invulnerability: I would think that must heros that can be shot with blast of some kind can stand up to a light saber attack. so Superman, wonderman, sentry, Captain marvel, Luke Cage Hulk should all not loose a limb in the fight with a jedi.  Wolverine too shouldnt loose a limb as him being cut with a sword and saber should look about the same.

Lantern Rings: All GLs shouldnt have problem defending a saber attack.

Magic weapons: so like the Eye of Thundara should stand up to a saber same with HE_MANS sword. I am on the shelf about Narsil sword from lord of the rings since it was broken once. Excalibur as well. And of course Thors hammer.

Regular GUNS!:  A bullet would just burn  in the blade of a saber and still move foward and hit the user. A saber is no use against a speeding bullets.

Now here are some things I am on the shelf about with the sabers.

GODS: could the saber cut off the limbs and heads of GODS? like thor, ares, and herc. I am sure it would cut them but would it go through them?

IRONMAN: can the saber get through his armor? would he be left limb less in duel with kenobi?

Magnetism: could magneto take the sabers away for the wielders? or would they just call em back with the Force? I know he could just dissemble them from the start.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I think a Lightsaber could cut through Adamantium.

super snipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By super snipe

lighsabers are like the sharpst thing there is

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4  Edited By The_Martian

Gambler said:

"I think a Lightsaber could cut through Adamantium.
    "

Maybe, did you see how long it took one to cut through some doors. It might beable to, but its going to take it awhile.

Heroes with Invunerability: depends on the character. Luke Cage to hulk it could. But past Hulk I doubt it.

Iron Man: yes

Force Fields: Most I would say no. Though it does depend one the Field.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By speedlgt

do you all agree about the lightsabers dealing with bullets?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    Nobody said:
    "

Gambler said:

"

Maybe, did you see how long it took one to cut through some doors. It might beable to, but its going to take it awhile.

Heroes with Invunerability: depends on the character. Luke Cage to hulk it could. But past Hulk I doubt it.

"
    Yeah but what where those doors made of? They could have been made from some metal 10 times more durable then Adamantium. Thats kinda the problem when crossing  comic boundaries. In the Marvel U Vibranium and Adamantium are the strongest metals on Earth, doesnt necessarily mean there the strongest in the Star Wars U.
    Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I think a bullet would have evaporated into harmless particles in the saber blade and thus be harmless to a Jedi.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8  Edited By The_Martian
    Gambler said:
    "Nobody said:
    "

Gambler said:

"

"
    Yeah but what where those doors made of? They could have been made from some metal 10 times more durable then Adamantium. Thats kinda the problem when crossing  comic boundaries. In the Marvel U Vibranium and Adamantium are the strongest metals on Earth, doesnt necessarily mean there the strongest in the Star Wars U.
    "

Does Star Wars have any made up metals? I didn't think they did.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    Nobody said:
    "Gambler said:
    "Nobody said:
    "

Gambler said:

"

"
    "

Does Star Wars have any made up metals? I didn't think they did."
    They almost have to. Like what metal is the hilt of the saber made out of? It doesn't melt from the sabers heat, and somehow keeps cool enough not to burn a Jedi's/Sith's hand.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lewisduncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, Guys,

I am newly here, I am recommended a website of lightsabers for those who are interested to buy star wars lightsabers so click force fx lightsaber for more information.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.