Follow

Lightsaber

Object » Lightsaber appears in 1032 issues.

A weapon in the Star Wars Universe associated with the Jedi and the Sith.

How does a Lightsaber stay active?

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

They hold it in with the Force, perhaps? I actually am curious on this now that you've asked.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Also what stops the light part of the saber from going on forever like a laser pointer or a flashlight? Its a light saber so the light should go all the way until it hits something, right?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

From most designs I've seen, they appear to have a button of some short which must be pressed to activate/deactivate them. Though I'm unsure if the wielder of said lightsaber must continuously hold the button down, but if so then this would explain why they deactivate when a Jedi/Sith drops it.

As for how they remain activated when thrown, I'd say that the use of the Force is involved somehow. I mean, we're talking about them throwing a lightsaber through the air and then using the Force to bring it right back to them, so saying that they also use the Force to keep it activated isn't that hard to believe.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@blade_r: Exactly. Do we have a Star Wars buff in here that can answer our questions?

Lol I have no idea, im sure there are some pretty big star wars fans on here though, ive seen plenty star wars related threads since I joined.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.