Could a light sabre withstand the force of a Dbz energy blast?

#1 Edited by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

We saw in ROTJ Luke's saber was able to withstand the electricity attack by Palpatine. Could the crystals in the light sabers inert enough power to hold off a Dragonball Z like energy blast. For arguments sake we will say

Pre-Freiza Saga blasts.

#2 Posted by karrob (4267 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it. A DBZ energy blast really F up and planet. But for the sake of argument at the very least I think it would destroy the sabre handle stopping any further usage of it. 

#3 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

like Just a little Ki blast? maybe  

Like a Super Kamehameha? no freaking way!
#4 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

well they are both engery so I would say if it hit the hilt its over the saber would be gone if swing the blade at the energy blast i would say it most likely deflect a low level energy blast but its one of the planet level destructive ones mostlikely no
#5 Posted by Yumulu (762 posts) - - Show Bio

Any feats for the Lightsaber? Beside little blaster shot I don't remember them deviating anything really big. Pre Frieza dbz blast already had the strength to destroy mountains and the lightsaber's have been proven to be quite easily destroyable if you target the handle.

#6 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yumulu said:
"Any feats for the Lightsaber? Beside little blaster shot I don't remember them deviating anything really big. Pre Frieza dbz blast already had the strength to destroy mountains and the lightsaber's have been proven to be quite easily destroyable if you target the handle. "

This gives me an idea for a different thread.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.