Follow

Lights Out

Story arc »

Relic, a being from another universe, aims to destroy the emotional spectrum of the Lantern Corps.

Interview: Alessandro Vitti Talks RED LANTERNS #24 - 'Lights Out' Part 4

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Lights Out is the latest story arc taking place in all the Green Lantern family books. It's been crazy as big changes are in the air. Each week we've asked the artist for each chapter a few questions to get ready for the release of that issue. This week, we're talking to Alessandro Vitti, artist for RED LANTERN CORPS #24.

No Caption Provided

COMIC VINE: Will this issue have the same tone as the GL books despite being a Red Lantern title?

ALESSANDRO VITTI: This episode represents a new way of seeing the Red Lanterns. Charles [Soule] is doing a wonderful job on the personalities of the characters. Each of them is an inner reality totally different from those of the other members of the group. I am not able to tell if it has the same tone as GL Books, but it's great the same! :-)

No Caption Provided

CV: Will this issue have more of a focus on the Red Lanterns or continue the big party with the different Lantern Corps?

AV: We have to manage different situations in the course of story... but I advise you to read it to know what will happen! :-)

CV: Will this mark the first interaction between Hal and Guy since he became a Red Lantern?

AV: Yes, I supposed that this is issue marks “ the first interaction” between the two Lanterns. It’s a great pleasure for me to draw Hal also.

CV: How would you describe their interaction?

AV: Hal and Guy live their lives in a totally different way of the other Lanterns. They are two opposing characters, but both try to reach positive results. But it will be hard not to see them every now and then never discuss! :-)

CV: The solicit for issue #25 already revealed the new status quo for the Red Lanterns. How do you feel about that and knowing you'll be drawing the future issues?

AV: I will continue to draw peacefully every event that will involve the group. I'll put my feelings directly in. I will use the theatricality of the faces of the characters to express my and their emotional state during each adventure. A little bit of difficulty I will have with Ratchet! :-)

RED LANTERN CORPS is on sale October 23, 2013.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

It's crazy how this book turned from being one of DC's worst to one of it's best and Vitti's great art is apart of it.

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

It's crazy how this book turned from being one of DC's worst to one of it's best and Vitti's great art is apart of it.

This, all the way. The about 6 or 7 issues of the old creative teams really just started getting a little bit lackluster for me. But then all these new creative teams have done absolutely wonderful jobs breathing new life into these books.

Ando123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This book is really giving justice to Guy Gardner his role as a leader has been impressive and I wish CHarles Soule remains as the book writer

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By patrat18

I'm on issue 13 right now. Loving this book.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

Love The new series

Only three Woes

How Guy's face is drawn

And How Bleez is toned down and not as hateful and fierce

And lack of emphasis on Constructs (I know I Know, they can't do it but still, I wanna see some Rage Constructs)

BumBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow how he punked bleez was awesome i've always been a red lantern fan im glad to see it getting some justice and rankorr needs alittle more shine he is one of the first red's to use constructs after all they need to look deeper into his story before they carry on

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Only picked up Red Lanterns after the crossover events, but man I have been enjoying this book. Solid.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Dat ass on Bleez

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

"I call this one 'Susan,' 'Susan' could use a friend." Haha, priceless. xD

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
    mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Lol Skallox: Pointing out the logical fallacies of comic books since 2013.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#11  Edited By Extremis

@ando123 said:

This book is really giving justice to Guy Gardner his role as a leader has been impressive and I wish CHarles Soule remains as the book writer

Amen! And I'd love if Alessandro Vitti could also stay for as long as possible.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.