Follow

Light Yagami

Character » Light Yagami appears in 157 issues.

Light Yagami, covertly known as Kira, is an extremely intelligent but a somewhat bored 17-year old pupil. When he found out about a notebook used by the Shinigami to sustain their lives and possesses the ability to take a human's live by writing their name on it, he utilizes it to his goal to cleanse the world of evil and become the "New God" of this world.

Light - Hero or Villain?

Darkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Darkerman

Is Light a hero or villain?

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheCrowbar

Villian, he killed people like a boss!... by writing their names in a book and having middle management take care of the splash back(See L and the Police).

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Enemybird

Depends of who you ask if someone like light were to exist... I wouldn't have any remorse for those he killed

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Mega_spidey01

i think he's a villian trying to be a hero, but killing in the name of good.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Light had good intentions about trying to purge the world of evil, but then the power went to his head and he started killing innocent people who got in his way, so I would say that he started off as an anti hero and then became a villain towards the end.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Light forfeited the Death Note to Ryuk, his memories as Kira was removed. And when he helped L, there where like best friends. Sometimes I think that if Light had not regained his Kira memories once again, L and Rem would still be alive. Then we would not have seen Mello and Near. I suppose that Ryuk would have passed the Death Note unto someone else.

In the end, however, the Death Note corrupted Light Yagami's mind that it made him insane that he was willing to kill the one person(beside Misa) who actually cared about him: Kiyomi Takada(The news reporter who might have been his wife if the Death Note never appeared before him in the first place).

Dr_Harlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he's in the grey. He has a justification in his crimes. So I'd say necessary evil if it has to be villain or hero.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.