Follow

Liara T'Soni

Character » Liara T'Soni appears in 12 issues.

Liara T'Soni is an Asari researcher introduced in the video game Mass Effect. She specializes in Prothean technology and culture. She aids Commander Shepard with her highly trained and powerful biotic abilities.

Mass Effect: Redemption #1 Review

timrothsays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By timrothsays

buy xbox@ play mass effect

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PrinceIMC

I've played the game, read the novels and already preordered the second game so I'm going to pick this up. The story and characters from the Mass Effect universe are really interesting and think if they strung the cut scenes together on a DVD or something people could enjoy it just like that. But you're totally right about the colors, why do they go so overboard? The aliens even in the game aren't that bright colors and look much more realistic.

Chinaski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Chinaski

Mass Effect is one of my all-time favorite games and that is mostly because of the story. So I really need to check it out. Video game comics mostly suck but if there's one that could work it's Mass Effect...

drawme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By drawme

At least there is a great cover.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty

I've never even heard of Mass Effect before :p  What do the guys at GiantBomb think of the comic? 

The cover art is pretty, but the rest looks... pretty typical comic art; not bad, not great, relies too heavily on pretty digital colouring.

jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By jamesewelch

I've also read both novels and finished Mass Effect: 1 (xbox360) multiple times. I just picked up this issue today, but I haven't had time to read it yet. Hoping it's a good series. The lead writer spoke on another web site about future plans for an ME comic book run. He says that he has a couple of ideas and that if this series does well, then he'll go back to Dark Horse and see if they want to try another ME series.

jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By jamesewelch
    @xerox-kitty said:

" I've never even heard of Mass Effect before :p

It's one of the biggest (and best rated) sci-fi action/RPG games of the last decade (or ever, even). It was exclusive to XBOX 360 until Bioware was bought out by EA and they made a PC version last year. There's 2 novels: one takes place prior to ME 1 and deals with two of the main characters, the second one takes place after ME 1 and doesn't involve any of the main characters. The 2nd game (ME:2) is scheduled for release on 1/26/2010. 

Issue #1 of this series will also be included with any pre-orders of the game.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @jamesewelch said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:

" I've never even heard of Mass Effect before :p

It's one of the biggest (and best rated) sci-fi action/RPG games of the last decade (or ever, even). It was exclusive to XBOX 360 until Bioware was bought out by EA and they made a PC version last year. There's 2 novels: one takes place prior to ME 1 and deals with two of the main characters, the second one takes place after ME 1 and doesn't involve any of the main characters. The 2nd game (ME:2) is scheduled for release on 1/26/2010.  "
    I don't have an X-Box or a PC, I don't ever plan on getting an X-Box or a PC.  I think it's safe to say I wont be getting this comic either...
    Avatar image for _1elderscrollsfan
    #1ElderScrollsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By #1ElderScrollsFan

Looks good I loved the game can't wait for the next one to come out.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Caligula

How can anyone not know MassEffect? it's only like the second greatest Space RPG of all time. (number one is the original KOTOR). 

if you haven't played MassEffect, you are missing one of the greatest games ever created, not to mention an epic Sci-Fi story, that is extremely well plottes and Fleshed out, I only hope that ME2 lives up to the original's awesome story.
    crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By crazed_h3ro

Loved the game and love the comic...somewhat LOL
    G-man if you play the Game you might actually fall in love with the story.I'm telling you the hole concept of Mass Effect relays and the way there weapons works...Amazing.Can't wait for Part two.And nice review for a person that nevered played the game

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I'm not really into XBox either. I am just not interested in buying a gaming system that is so infamous for dying (Red Ring of Death). Until they finally make a XBox that doesn't have that problem. I'm sticking with my PS3.

I believe I understand what you mean by the variety in colors. In comics it often feels too much. It's just often the way  artists use to differentiate between characters with such an alien appearance. It's not like sci-fi movies where you will often have the voice to do that.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I am actually looking forward to this comic series, I will be getting the special edition with my preorder are Game Stop, I just hope I can convince the local comic guy to get this issues so I can buy them.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Sparda
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    " I'm not really into XBox either. I am just not interested in buying a gaming system that is so infamous for dying (Red Ring of Death). Until they finally make a XBox that doesn't have that problem. I'm sticking with my PS3."
    As someone that's had to deal with that damn Ring, I can't blame you for having that stance. That being said, the newer models that have been pushed out seem to have eliminated the RRoD.
    Dipic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dipic

Love Mass Effect. Will be picking this up. Can't wait to pick up ME2 for the PC later this month. :D

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Decept-O

@G-Man:  Hope you review other Dark Horse titles that aren't video game tie-ins in the near future.
    Samurai X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Samurai X

I cant wait for ME2

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By gmanfromheck
    HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#19  Edited By HaloKing343

The video game is fantastic. It's not like a lot of other games. This one really puts you into the universe. You feel a part of the politics, the landscape, the galactic turmoil, it's all there and you really feel like you're living through it. The excecution of this game was fantastic on Bioware's part (the company that made it). It's hard to describe just how amazing the Mass Effect video game is. To say the least, it feels like you enter this world. Let's leave it at that. 

MJ Styles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By MJ Styles
    @HaloKing343: Amen Brother, amen. 

I can not wait to check this out.  I'm played the game over about 7 times and read all the novels.  Should be good.
    Lydian Sel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lydian Sel

I played the first game 5 times, bought  read both the books, bought both the audio-book versions of both books, & have the sequel's Collector's Edition pre-ordered. 

I can't wait to read this!!!

Not to sound like a dick, Tony, but Liara's surname is pronounced Tis-Own-EE. Thank you so much for reviewing this though!!

Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bio Guyver

I love Liara :)

victorvndoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By victorvndoom

you can play also masseffect on pc for those guys who arent xbox fans .You will see if Sheppard is alive or not when you play the game. See the trailers and gameplay if you want to know if he is still alive

Kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kraznor

Hmmmm....may end up checking this out.

Darkhawk77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Darkhawk77

I need to check this out and that dude needs to play Mass Effect.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.