What is the most evil thing lex luthor has done.

#1 Posted by Leegar88 (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Major villians like Dr.doom, Red Skull, Darkseid, Joker, and Vandal Savage apart from the usual sinister plan do some pretty sick stuff. For selfish reasons and for fun. Luthor is a villian but he seems like the type with lines he won't cross. Don't get me wrong, he is evil and puts other people in jeopardy but villiany just seems like a 9 to 5 to him. I would almost say he is a lot like magneto, without the who revolutionary bit. I have not read a lot of his stories, so can someone tell me the most irredeemable thing he has done.

#2 Posted by goldenshot80 (7349 posts) - - Show Bio

The worst thing he did was....making batman and superman fugitives

#3 Posted by SpiderMew (21 posts) - - Show Bio

The worst thing? 
He stole 40 cakes! 
That's as meany as 4 10's! 
That's horrible!

#4 Posted by Leegar88 (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm no slaughtering innocents, no rapeing lois lane, no killing sidekicks, no sacrificing the only person who loves him, etc. Just being a dick must be his main power.

#5 Edited by AMS (1387 posts) - - Show Bio

lol wut. 

The guy has blown up cities, brainwashed people, tried to turn innocent people into superpowered slaves without them even knowing etc. etc. 

Magneto had a reason Lex just does it cause of his insecurities of an alien being better than humanity.
#6 Posted by cbishop (7389 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpiderMew: LOL. 

@Leegar88: In Superman Annual #5, he choked his fight (or maybe it was fencing) instructor to death, because in practice, she beat him, embarrassing him in front of someone who had come in the room. ...She came back to life, thanks to one of those Bloodlines aliens sucking on her spinal fluid and giving her powers, but still - he choked a woman to death.  At the time, they were writing Luthor to be a seriously demented woman-hater.

#7 Posted by Leegar88 (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks AMS and bishop thats some some screwed up stuff.

#8 Posted by cbishop (7389 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leegar88: Indeed.  He's had Mercy killed since then, and I think he did that himself, but I'm not certain - I havne't read that story.
#9 Edited by heroclick6 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

How about the Rain of the Supermen. Where Lex Luthor gave a bunch of regular citizens superpowers. Lex made a fail safe where he could turn their powers on and off. While the would be heroes where showing off their power, Lex Luthor deactivated  their powers. The Everymen, as they were called, began to fall as their powers failed. One unfortunate hero tried to use his super strength to catch an overweight flier and was crushed. This is possibly the most evil thing he has ever done. 

#10 Posted by Sasuke (397 posts) - - Show Bio
@heroclick6:
Yes to me thats the most evil thing he has done.
#11 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends, his actions during 52 were pretty despicable, most versions has him killing his parents, or how about the time he cured his sick sister just to do, then immediately make her worse because he's a royal b*stard

#12 Posted by UnosInfinitos (149 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not mindless in his actions every "evil" act is done to prove that he's a WINNER

#13 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4164 posts) - - Show Bio
@SpiderMew said:
"  The worst thing? He stole 40 cakes! That's as meany as 4 10's! That's horrible! "
LOL that's the first thing I thought of when I read the subject title. Just goes to show how evil ol Lex isn't.
#14 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio
@SpiderMew said:
"  The worst thing? He stole 40 cakes! That's as meany as 4 10's! That's horrible! "
I know who the F%^& would steal cakes, its blasphemy
#15 Posted by HolySerpent (12505 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime`:
@Nova`Prime` said:
" @SpiderMew said:
LOL that's the first thing I thought of when I read the subject title. Just goes to show how evil ol Lex isn't. "

what does that mean
#16 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

"I can cure any case of muscular dystrophy on the planet with one inoculation...take this down to the boys in the lab, I need them to make it into a life time treatment. Jerry's kids will have to wait."
Lex Luthor from: 
Superman Doomsday

#17 Posted by Mercy_ (92673 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Infinity Inc or whatever it was called from 52?

#18 Posted by Mercy_ (92673 posts) - - Show Bio
@SpiderMew
 The worst thing? 
He stole 40 cakes! 
That's as meany as 4 10's! 
That's horrible!
You win so hard.
#19 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely the cakes.

#20 Posted by TheRedRobin (226 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress
Thats the everyman project youre thinking of from 52.
#21 Posted by Mercy_ (92673 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheRedRobin said:

@The Dark Huntress: Thats the everyman project youre thinking of from 52.

THANK YOU. Was posting on my phone, so I couldn't check it easily. :)

#22 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6347 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex Luthor is NOT EVEN CLOSE to being like Magneto! Magneto fights for an honarable cause, to protect an oppressed and hated group of people into acceptance. Infact, I consider him a misguided antihero. Luthor is just straight out evil. He's destroyed cities, turned innocent people into brainwashed slaves and even killed his own parents! If he did all those thing (minus parents part) for an honarable reason, I wouldn't consider him evil. In fact, I may consider him an antihero. But he does these things out of greed and power lust.

#23 Posted by PCN24454 (454 posts) - - Show Bio

"Lex giveth, Lex taketh away."

He could easily cure his sister's disease, but leaves her in a wheelchair.

#24 Edited by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

Pure EVIL.

#25 Posted by ComicStooge (12393 posts) - - Show Bio

Wiping out New Krypton was pretty bad.

#27 Edited by RDClip (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

A few issues after crisis he coerced an employee into sleeping with him. Might not be evil but it sure is creepy.

Around the same time, he also had Lana Lang kidnapped and beaten to gain info on Supes' identity. He also faked his death, pretended to be his son, seduced Matrix Supergirl and held back support for Superman during Doomsday's rampage.

#28 Posted by SuperEnd (89 posts) - - Show Bio

What about the time, when Luthor paints Superman with gold paint

#29 Posted by AmazingWebHead (1808 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't the Legion of Doom once wipe out all life on Earth with a solar flare? I'd have to go with that.

Oddly, the only thing I'll really never forgive him for is that time he beat up Supergirl (and calling her small-chested) but that's probably just because of my unhealthily obsessive crush on Kara

#30 Posted by sinestro_GL (3121 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote the Kryptonian genocide

#31 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6553 posts) - - Show Bio

BY FAR, this is the most EVIL thing Lex Luthor has done.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.