Lex Luthor

#1 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

I never understood his main goal. Was it world domination like Hitler, be the leader of the United Nations, be president of the US or become a GOD?....Which one of those is it?
#2 Posted by batmanbeyond234 (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

He just hates superheroes.He said he just wanted to tick Superman off when he became president.
#3 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

i think he has major inferiourity(i cant spell,bit you know what i mean) complex 
i think he thinks that he disserves a superpower  
so he strikes out at all who do 
hence his major thirst for power

#4 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34404 posts) - - Show Bio

In Superman: Birthright, it starts out with him wanting to contact aliens, possibly as he believes himself to be to good for humanity ("...Only sane inmate of Asylum Earth."). Once he finds one (Superman, obviously), he's humiliated by said alien, and so his vendetta begins.
If I understood it correctly.

#5 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

So his goal is to kill Superman? I thought it was to become a GOD or take over the world?
#6 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34404 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sidney said:
" So his goal is to kill Superman? I thought it was to become a GOD or take over the world? "
Maybe a combination. He wants revenge on Superman, for taking Lex's self-appointed title as the "savior of humanity" (Lex has claimed, possibly on several occasions, that he'd be able to cure cancer for instance, if given enough time and effort). At the same time, in Superman: Birthright, he mentions that he wants to be "leader".
#7 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

here my infer. complex comes into play 
he was bested by supes so now he needs to prove he is better
#8 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is a better villian though Ras Al Ghoul or Lex Luthor? Have the two men ever met?
#9 Posted by glforthewin (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought it was always just him trying to prove how much better he was than superman

#10 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

When he was a mad scientists he wanted to become a GOD I thought?
#11 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sidney said:
" Who is a better villian though Ras Al Ghoul or Lex Luthor? Have the two men ever met? "
Well.. Ra's faces a peak human..

Lex faces a powerhouse who has defeated world threats. 

But in they are the best in their specific fields

Luthor just likes to be worship and to be seen as a leader. 
#12 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34404 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sidney said:
" When he was a mad scientists he wanted to become a GOD I thought? "
Possible, but that was Silver Age.
#13 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio
@G'bandit said:
" @Sidney said:
" Who is a better villian though Ras Al Ghoul or Lex Luthor? Have the two men ever met? "
Well.. Ra's faces a peak human..   Lex faces a powerhouse who has defeated world threats.   But in they are the best in their specific fields Luthor just likes to be worship and to be seen as a leader.  "

But who is better? What Ras want a peaceful world?
#14 Posted by DEGRAAF (7810 posts) - - Show Bio

i believe the whole thing is is that he had goals to cure the sick rid the worlds need of fosssil fuels and take the world in to the next century making it a better place for all, all while getting his name put in the history books as the greatest man that has ever lived. He wanted to use his genius for good and during one of his big break throughs and tests (that had to do with the airplane Lois was on) the test malfunctioned taking down the plane. Thats where superman comes in and catchs the plane saving everyone on board, making Lex look like a mear normal human being, it hurt lex's ego and from then on anything lex created would never compare to the flying man that saves people and asks for nothing in return. Lex from then on devotes his life and knowledge to ruining the worlds image of superman (americas boyscout) and even killing superman for screwing up Lex's life (making him look dumb by Lex's standards;which is the average person) and forever making Lex envious of Superman for not sharing his abilities so everyone can be as strong and great as superman.
#15 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19709 posts) - - Show Bio

He see's himself as the protector of manknid

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.