Bearer of Avarice?

#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

since Green Lantern #25 brought into continuity the rest of the Lantern colors, i've been trying to figure out who would be the 'leader' of each of the emotional spectrum...

after taking another look at the picture depicting the orange lantern of Avarice, i've got to admit that it looks more and more like Luthor has got hold of it...

it definitely fits his character, and a lot of Superman villains have already turned up in Green Lantern lately...

how would having a Power Ring and Lantern affect Luthor's greed for money and power?

M

#2 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, the way his fingers are depicted there just doesn't seem like a Luthor pose. Luthor would have one hand behind his back, while standing confidently to the side of the lantern, resting his free hand on top.

Kinda reminds me of Golem, the way he's holding it "My precious."

Just doesn't look like a Luthor pose to me.

#3 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker.

#4 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

He seems to have white gloves. So we just have to figure out who wears gloves.

#5 Posted by Golem (760 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I don't know, the way his fingers are depicted there just doesn't seem like a Luthor pose. Luthor would have one hand behind his back, while standing confidently to the side of the lantern, resting his free hand on top. Kinda reminds me of Golem, the way he's holding it "My precious." Just doesn't look like a Luthor pose to me. "

What did I ever do to you?

#6 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

Golem says:

"Gambler says:
"I don't know, the way his fingers are depicted there just doesn't seem like a Luthor pose. Luthor would have one hand behind his back, while standing confidently to the side of the lantern, resting his free hand on top. Kinda reminds me of Golem, the way he's holding it "My precious." Just doesn't look like a Luthor pose to me. "

What did I ever do to you?"

He means from Lord Of the Rings. You know, Smeagol.

#7 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Just doesn't look like a Luthor pose to me. "

If the ring is pulling his greed to the surface, then maybe it is. Whoever it is, those hands do look human but might not belong to the leader of the Orange Corps,

#8 Posted by Shadowscale (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Paragon says:

"Golem says:
"Gambler says:

What did I ever do to you?"

He means from Lord Of the Rings. You know, Smeagol."

I was kind of confused as well, but i got it now. lol

#9 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read that on a few sites since 25 came out, but Lex doesn't seem greedy enough. He's already got a ton of money, and he's driven more by a hate for Supes than a desire for money, unless greed is for power. I've also read Hector Hammond (sounds good since it fits his character and he's a GL villain, but his head is too big, unless that's changed), Penguin (I think that's stupid, but he is greedy) and Dr. Light (he's got the white gloved hand thing going and he manipulates light, I'd love it if it was him).

#10 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Greed for power seems to fit, since we see them chasing rings.

Hammond would be good, surely the ring would support his giant melon for him.

#11 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

About his head, I meant that the one in the picture looks normal, whereas his...

Do all the orange lanterns look like energy constructs to you? The other just have energy outlines, but the orange ones are glowy all over.

Really like that avatar by the way.

#12 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

My Green Sonja one? I got the idea from a comment in the Spidey crossover about her willpower.

We've been told in the Geoff Johns interviews not to infer to much from that picture, but I was wondering why they (the Orange Lanterns) are different.

#13 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

There's too much stuff in that picture not to infer some things. Even if things change between now and then, there was thought put into that picture. Every red guy vomiting, indigo lanterns healing/caring for both blue and yellow lanterns, whatever the violet lanterns were doing, orange guys with extra rings and glowing all over, something that looked like Bedovian and a giant elephant's foot.

#14 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm trying to work out what the Violet Lanterns are doing. I think we can say that they are all female (and apparently humanoid).

I don't think the Orange Lanterns are constructs though, this picture shows them without it (which shows they were drawn normally). I don't know where that comes from though.

#15 Posted by power kid (898 posts) - - Show Bio

what powers do the blue lanterns have?

#16 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

power kid says:

"what powers do the blue lanterns have?"

So far as we know, they are no different to the powers of the Green and Yellow Lanterns. We will probably know more about them as next year's "The Rage of the Red Lanterns" story gets under way.

#17 Posted by power kid (898 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"power kid says:
"what powers do the blue lanterns have?"
So far as we know, they are no different to the powers of the Green and Yellow Lanterns. We will probably know more about them as next year's "The Rage of the Red Lanterns" story gets under way."

Who you thinks going to win

#18 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

According to the prophecy, no one. All seven will be decimated ready for the Black Lanterns and the Darkest Night in 2009.

#19 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, Methos could see the future

#20 Posted by Mercy_ (92873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" Wow, Methos could see the future "
Among his many talents. 
#21 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: Buckshot apparently too 
#22 Posted by Mercy_ (92873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir: Mmmmhmm.
#23 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" Wow, Methos could see the future "
Cosmic Sentinel did too. Hector Hammond....
#24 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@batmanary: True, but Buckshot mentioned Hammond first

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.