Should L.E.G.I.O.N Be Introduced Into The New 52?

#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32862 posts) - - Show Bio

I love cosmic comics, I find it them for more interesting than earth centred comics but even though DC have many great cosmic characters in there gallery they only seem to use the Lantern Corps so do you you think DC should introduce the L.E.G.I.O.N in the upcoming Threshold book and then maybe spin it off as an ongoing? Three of there members have already been introduced in Captain Comet, Lobo and Starfire. All DC would need to do is introduce Adam Strange and a few others, maybe have Kyle Rayner on the roster and have Vril Dox II form the team.

#2 Posted by SmashBrawler (5501 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, please.

All I know is that whether it is L.E.G.I.O.N. or R.E.B.E.L.S., I want Tony Bedard writing it.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32862 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: I think they should get Dan Abnett to write it

#4 Posted by Dernman (14763 posts) - - Show Bio

YES and REBELS. Make then appose each other. They will be the good guys in their own book but the villains in the other. 
Put Starfire in the book.

#5 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer to reboot the Vril Dox Legion and the 31st century Legion at the same time and just reboot the 31st century Legion and United Planets mythology into the 21st century. Querl Dox and Lyrl Dox can both be the children of Vril Dox. Tasmia Mallor can be the child of Lydea Mallor. Blok can be the child of Strata. Reep Daggle will be the child of the Durlan. This will allow dc to easily compete with Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy and Imperial Guard.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32862 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: Yea I think she would suit this book more than Red Hood, she seems more at home in the current Outlawz In Space arc.

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32862 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells: I like Legion of Superheroes as it is, theres no need for a reboot also that would totally destroy Supermans origin

#8 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Dc has to do some drastic changes to Vril Dox and company, and also Querl Dox and company so that people will start talking about the Legion again. I am pretty sure we need more reboots to rehabilitate the Vril Dox Legion and also the Querl Dox Legion, both of which have become irrelevant and even the Comicvine reviewers did not bother to even read the Legion titles month after month, and the forum has zero activity about the Legion of Super Heroes.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32862 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells: thats due to ignorance and nothing more

#10 Posted by SmashBrawler (5501 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: Eh, I think Bedard did a fantastic job with R.E.B.E.L.S., that's why I chose him.

I wouldn't be opposed to Abnett, though.

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32862 posts) - - Show Bio
@SmashBrawler

@Jonny_Anonymous: Eh, I think Bedard did a fantastic job with R.E.B.E.L.S., that's why I chose him.

thats true but I just think as its the New 52 and its meant to be all about change a new writer would be good
#12 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yeah

R.E.B.E.L.S. was pretty much LSH done right, its so sad to see that title go away

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32862 posts) - - Show Bio
@arnoldoaad I think if everybody supports Legion of Super Heroes and the new Threshold title DC will see we want more cosmic books and maybe closer to get a LEGION book
#14 Posted by SmashBrawler (5501 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@SmashBrawler

thats true but I just think as its the New 52 and its meant to be all about change a new writer would be good

That's true, I just thought he could have done a lot more.

#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32862 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@SmashBrawler

That's true, I just thought he could have done a lot more.

thats also true, I would be happy with ether or :p

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32862 posts) - - Show Bio

There needs to be a Rann-Thanagar War type cosmic event in the New 52

#17 Posted by Billy Batson (57784 posts) - - Show Bio

Vril Dox \m/
BB

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32862 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

Vril Dox \m/
BB

Is a bad ass

#19 Posted by Billy Batson (57784 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous:

Indeed. I really should hurry up to my L.E.G.I.O.N/R.E.B.E.L.S reading.
BB

#20 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Threshold does not seem like a team book and more of a showcase title. First arc is a Jediah Caul focus arc. Various other characters might be used more next like Jaime Blue Beetle or Stealth or Space Ranger or Tommy Tomorrow or Space Cabbie or Star Rovers. Threshold 3 cover shows a small team consisting of Jediah Caul, Stealth and Captain Krot. Maybe Keith has a plan to create a dc team to compete with Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.

#21 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32862 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: Yea same here

@colonyofcells: It's a anthology so they could easily introduce the beginings of the team there

#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32862 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Impala (264 posts) - - Show Bio

I WANT TO SEE RAGMAN!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.