Follow

Legion

Character » Legion appears in 692 issues.

The son of Charles Xavier and Gabrielle Haller, David Haller is the powerful Omega-level mutant known as Legion. He possesses hundreds of mutant abilities ranging from telekinesis to reality warping, but each power is controlled by a different persona, which could be either benevolent or malevolent.

David Haller as Legion: power level, potential, feats

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BMEZY

it was recently brought up to my attention that legion is actually one of the most powerful mutants ever; being the enigma of a mutant and was able to indirectly create two realities with reality warping.. Age of X and Age of Apocalpse putting him on par with Wanda and Franklin.. i didn't know much about the character because he has never really been expounded on and taken into depth unlike other characters in marvel or x men for that matter.. why is he such an underdog and underrated; i know he was an omega level mutant  and all but - i didn't realize how powerful. where and how does he fit on the power scale, explain through feats and logic; if so powerful, why isn't he really seen or heard from, especially in the vine. this source even said that he could challenge the White as he created two universes.. can someone explain this character for me please 

thank you
    BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BMEZY

bump
    IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By IZZR
    @BMEZY said:
    bump
    Iceman froze his ass solid
    blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By blacharrt
    @IZZR: the fight did not start out like that, and in a one on one battle Iceman would lose. Especially if he uses the current showing in Legacy's Time-sink's ability. or reality warping.
    IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By IZZR
    @blacharrt said:
    @IZZR: the fight did not start out like that, and in a one on one battle Iceman would lose. Especially if he uses the current showing in Legacy's Time-sink's ability.
    I know but Legions morals were off whereas Iceman wasnt trying to hurt him he was trying to stop him, if it was a bloodlusted battle between the 2 and they both triggered their potential i think Iceman would turn the frost up and the cold would be too much for legion to even think or concentrate
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Legion didn't actually warp reality to create the Age of Apocalypse. He traveled back in time and accidentally killed Professor X thus causing a time paradox.
    blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By blacharrt
    @IZZR: If Legion actually has control over his powers at full potential, do you recall what happened in limbo to the old gods? He could easily negate the affects of cold even touching him much less freezing him.
    BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BMEZY
    @Jake Fury

how would he fair against the White Crown Phoenix... since apparently he did something that she did similarly, creating two realities, setting right the universe he created: Age of X... and having over a 1000 dangerous personalities/powersets...
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By Timandm

Legion is definitely on a power level with Franklin Richards...  Franklin Richards is likely more powerful (just an educated guess) but Legion is in his league...

Legion took ALL OF EXISTENCE and put it into a box...  A little box...  Outside of that box he created a reality where mutants lived within a compound fighting off the attacks of non-mutants every day....  If he's powerful enough to put all of existence into a box, he's he's one of the most powerful beings in existence.

He REMOVED THE ELDER GODS from existence.  He ENDED them... gone....    Now, it's silly for people to talk about freezing legion, or hitting him, or zapping him... The guy ENDED THE ELDER GODS with a thought...a thought...  Galactus couldn't even do that... The Celestials couldn't do that...

So, how powerful is Legion???  He's sort of like a living infinity gauntlet...

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Timandm
    @BMEZY said:
    @Jake Fury:  how would he fair against the White Crown Phoenix... since apparently he did something that she did similarly, creating two realities, setting right the universe he created: Age of X... and having over a 1000 dangerous personalities/powersets...
    When he put all of existence in a box (AOX) technically, all things Phoenix went into that box as well...  That's not to say, the Pheonix couldn't do the same thing to him....
    blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By blacharrt
    @Timandm said:
    Legion is definitely on a power level with Franklin Richards...  Franklin Richards is likely more powerful (just an educated guess) but Legion is in his league...  Legion took ALL OF EXISTENCE and put it into a box...  A little box...  Outside of that box he created a reality where mutants lived within a compound fighting off the attacks of non-mutants every day....  If he's powerful enough to put all of existence into a box, he's he's one of the most powerful beings in existence.  He REMOVED THE ELDER GODS from existence.  He ENDED them... gone....    Now, it's silly for people to talk about freezing legion, or hitting him, or zapping him... The guy ENDED THE ELDER GODS with a thought...a thought...  Galactus couldn't even do that... The Celestials couldn't do that...  So, how powerful is Legion???  He's sort of like a living infinity gauntlet...
    You know i never thought of him that way, but it makes perfect sense... Living infinity Gauntlet.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Timandm
    @blacharrt: Course, you wouldn't want to put your hand inside him... Well.. I wouldn't... LOL!
    blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By blacharrt
    @Timandm said:
    @blacharrt: Course, you wouldn't want to put your hand inside him... Well.. I wouldn't... LOL!
    Well thanks for that mental image.
    recordkeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By recordkeeper

now he's getting overrated...put one universe in box NOT ALL... 
    & white phoenix would stomp him with ease as whould HOM Wanda... so would ANY IG user

lets see the elder gods feat? anyon got scans? was it even the true elder gods or just some crap gods called that?
    blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By blacharrt
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    @recordkeeper said:

now he's getting overrated...put one universe in box NOT ALL... & white phoenix would stomp him with ease as whould HOM Wanda... so would ANY IG user lets see the elder gods feat? anyon got scans? was it even the true elder gods or just some crap gods called that?

White Phoenix of the crown has no real feats. It was said she broke wanda's reality warp but that's PIS, so is the whole Hope being born, even though Destiny foretold it long before she disappear hence the search for Destiny Diary saga.

recordkeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By recordkeeper

yea them are'nt thee "Elder Gods" but something else...
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Static Shock

Because this isn't a battle thread, I'll have to move it to the Legion forum page. 

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#18  Edited By xerox_kitty

@Static Shock said:

Because this isn't a battle thread, I'll have to move it to the Legion forum page.

Hooray for Static!

@BMEZY said:

why isn't he really seen or heard from

To be fair, he was dead for over a decade ;) He was killed at the end of the Age of Apocalypse in order to save Xavier & thus restore normal reality. Since his return to life he's been locked up in Utopia and operated on in order to kill his thousands of personalities... and has occasionally been wheeled out as a 'Mutant God' in order to save the X-Men from Nimrods & Elder Gods.

I love Mike Carey for turning David Haller into a character, and not just a caricature of the mentally fragile young man we saw in the 1980's. I loved seeing Legion as a strong & dedicated orce Warrior during the Age of X, and I love seeing him as a young man determined to prove himself in subsequent issues of X-Men Legacy.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Static Shock
    @xerox-kitty said:

@Static Shock said:

Hooray for Static!

:)
    blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By blacharrt
    @recordkeeper: Yes they are Marvel's Elder God, the ones who Belasco served and tried to bring into this dimension, you're clearly confused. 
    @IZZR: New Mutants 2009 #4, He a persona that is the absence of heat, which could have been possibly create due to his run-in with bobby.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @blacharrt:  I believe he's implying that the term Elder Gods has been used by Marvel, on various separate occasions, to describe very different beings, and so is identifying these ones referred to here, as different to whatever ones he might be referring to, of which their are numerous. I could be wrong though in speaking for him though. 
    blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By blacharrt
    @SC said:
    @blacharrt:  I believe he's implying that the term Elder Gods has been used by Marvel, on various separate occasions, to describe very different beings, and so is identifying these ones referred to here, as different to whatever ones he might be referring to, of which their are numerous. I could be wrong though in speaking for him though. 
    It would be better if he clarified which elder gods he is talking about because these Elder Gods, are the same ones Belasco has served since when he ruled limbo.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#23  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @blacharrt: Chill out. It's a simple mistake to make.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @blacharrt said:
    @SC said:
    It would be better if he clarified which elder gods he is talking about because these Elder Gods, are the same ones Belasco has served since when he ruled limbo.

I am sure he would be happy to oblige and clarify, *smile* I'm just not sure dismissing him as clearly confused is the best way though to be honest?  

I think he might be referring to the named ones Set and Gaea and Chthon etc
    blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By blacharrt
    @xerox-kitty: I am chill *I also like what they have done with the character, and have built him into more than what he used to be. I have to admit it's interesting saying him going on missions and interacting with his father.
    @SC: It would be nice, but considering that even in the scan they are referred to as elder gods, I don't know why he would say they aren't it. Hence saying he must be confusing them with something else.  I'm sure it's just a simple misunderstanding.

*Edited
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @blacharrt:  Yes, but again, Marvel uses the term, for lots of different characters. Can you even tell me the names of the Elder gods you are referring to? The poster in question, didn't say they weren't, he just referred to them, as not being "thee Elder gods" emphasis on the quotation marks, which would mean, he might have had specific characters in mind. You follow? So he wasn't confusing anything from a technical language point of view, maybe his intent was different? 

It would be fairly easy to find out by say, asking him? Which is my point *smile* Its okay to just ask people nicely? Just seems rather harsh to just call them clearly confused, which its not that clear and they might not even be confused? Lets say even if they are clearly confused, is that line even necessary? I do definitely agree with you, that these characters were Elder gods. Not the only Elder gods in Marvel though. (which I am sure you are aware of also *smile*)
    blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By blacharrt
    @SC: yes I understand what you are saying, the term "elder gods" could probably be considered a vague term in the context of Marvel as a whole.  But in the context of Magik, the New Mutants, and Legion, if someone is familiar with them to the point of having knowledge of their adventures in limbo it wouldn't be.

I guess it could be seen as harsh intent with the word usage, but there was none at all. It can be seen that way but that would clearly depend on the person's perception. "Confused" only implied confusion on the topic that was brought up, which is clear from his reaction before the posted scans and after.  About the necessity of the line, i type how i talk, and sense you can't hear tone or inflection i can see how it can be taken the wrong way.

I have no problem at all clarifying misunderstanding, communication is how problems are solved and minds are expanded.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @blacharrt: *smile* Cool.  Intent is the main thing. 

I know, for many, any talk of Elder gods, in any context, just usually means comparisons or talking about some of the bigger guns, like Set and Chthon. Not that I feel the same way, but thats just a persons discretion at work. 
    blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By blacharrt

now that you mentioned it them, you are probably right in thinking that's who he's probably talking about.

Ultimus45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ultimus45

@izzr: He tried. He froze every single molecule in Legions body. Legion stulll knocked him and everyone else unconscious

no1reallyhere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izzr: doode the legion is the most powerful mutant, so he could easily kill him

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
    Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How powerful is Legion I know it was retconned

Chewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here on Comicvines battle forum, Legion has defeated the flash family: Thawn, savitar, wally, barry, Bart, Garrick, mercury, Jesse, Johnny and professor Zoom. also on several other posts, he has dominated Odin, Silver surfer, Dormammu and Thanos. so judging from that, he is somewhere between galactic/high skyfather and universal in marvels power ranking.

Cosmiccelest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Cosmiccelest

Legion has over 1000 different personalities with powers and new ones are constantly being created. Of that 1000 at least 200 of them are Omega.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Fall1n1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I absolutely love the show Legion of FX. It's easily the most artistic and intellectual thing to come out of Marvel. In the show he displays a whole host of psychic/psionic powers including: telekinesis, telepathy, hovering, flight, Matter and Mental Manipulations, Astral Projection, and his greatest power: Reality Warping.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.