Follow

Legion of Super-Heroes

Team » Legion of Super-Heroes appears in 1647 issues.

The Legion of Super-Heroes are a team of teen-age super-heroes in the 30th and 31st centuries of the DC Universe who were inspired by the adventures of Superboy/Clark Kent/Kal-El (Pre-Crisis). Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, and Saturn Girl are the founding members.

Former Marvel E.I.C. Tom DeFalco Takes Over LEGION LOST

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Earlier today writer Fabian Nicieza revealed that he will be leaving DC's LEGION LOST series citing that the series' sixth issue would be his last. According to DC, writer Tom DeFalco will replace Nicieza on the series beginning with issue #7 of the title. Brian Cunningham, the book's editor, revealed on DC's blogthat when Nicieza opted to leave the title, Cunningham had some pretty big shoes to fill.

No Caption Provided
    So I needed to hire a new writer, someone I felt could take the groundwork laid by Fabian and strive for even greater heights. No small task!...A master storyteller, not to mention Marvel Comics’ former Editor-in-Chief, Tom [DeFalco] seemed the ideal candidate. He understands how to build characters from the inside out and make us care about them. He makes the fantastic feel gigantic and yet at the same time all too human and flawed. He puts his characters through the wringer, crafting entertaining tales that compel us to keep reading.

No doubt DeFalco will indeed have a challenge on his hands penning the series which features complex characters set in the modern world. Nicieza stated in an interview that he left the title due to increase of responsibilities at his two other companies, Starlight Runner Entertainment and FunGoPlay.

== TEASER ==
    In my non-comics work for Starlight Runner Entertainment and FunGoPlay, which is about 75 percent of my life, a couple things happened at both the companies that has required far more attention on my part. Some of this is positive, specific writing opportunities, and some of it negative, but both have necessitated my increased focus on those responsibilities.

So what's next for the Legion now that DeFalco will be writing the series? Fans can look forward to a LEGION crossover with the TEEN TITANS somewhere down the line. The two teams may face N.O.W.H.E.R.E., an organization that has recently appeared in the TEEN TITANS series by Scott Lobdell. But wait, that's not all! DeFalco has plenty more in store for the Legion including a clash between teammates when it comes to leadership, a "Timber Wolf romance that could tear the team apart," and even a possible traitor within the ranks of their own team! Betrayal, Romance and action, maybe the series in good hands?

With Nicieza off the book, what do you hope for the LEGION title? Are you looking forward to seeing where DeFalco takes these characters?

Source: DC Source

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

i really tried to get into this comic, and LOSH, but they seem to only want to cater to people who are already fans of the LOSH, even with the reboot, i found it impossible to jump on

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BatteredArmor

Fabian is awesome I can't believe I didn't notice he was wrighting this. can anyone tell me if his run was any good I might go back and check it out

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

YAY Tom Defalco has to be one of my favoite writers. I am going to have to pick up the first issue he writes. I am sure he will do a great job.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I pick up LOSH and I tried this but I didn't like it that much but I might jump back on after #6

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Skaddix

Lol Romance not sure how that could tear the team apart it could be dawnstar related or an outside factor, Traitor although I fail to see what a traitor gains I suppose best odds go to wildfire if the offer is u get a body back, Leadership well the team has no clear leadership right now I suppose that is between Wildfire and Tyroc they seem to be the most take charge maybe an outside shot on Dawnstar, and Tyroc's deadly secret impossible to tell.

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By shawn87

I still haven't read Legion Lost. I was considering picking it up but haven't made up my mind yet

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

More changes with writing teams for the new 52 books. Can't see how it is really a bad thing, can only be good as long as it makes for great stories we enjoy, right? Always have been a Legion fan and look forward to seeing how the change comes around for it with DeFalco's coming in.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By jsphsmth

I mentioned this over in the Legion Lost forums, but congats to Tom. He made me actually enjoy a Superman story when he wrote the Superman Beyond one-shot. I cannot wait to read his take on this team. Nice to see more of the old guard writing again.

I will miss Nicieza's writing, but the man seems to be way too busy to write comics now.

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By chalkshark

In the 80's, DeFalco's Spider-Man run was just shy of brilliant. His tenure on both Thor & Fantastic Four, however, was execrable. As a long time fan of the Legion, I'm not sure how to take this news. It took me three entire issues to warm to Nicienza's take on the characters, & overall story line. A change in narrative, this soon, doesn't sit well with me. I'm willing to reserve judgement until DeFalco gets up & running on the series, but I was already doing that with Nicienza. How many more false starts is DC going to foster on it's readers before these books finally establish "permanent" creative teams? Seems like they would have had all their ducks in a row, before they came barreling out of the gate on their "new" 52 initiative. If they couldn't get creative teams to commit past the first story arc, than perhaps those series should have been released as mini-series, instead of ongoing. Continual creative upheaval in any given title will fast track it for cancellation. 

Roldan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Roldan

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

More changes with writing teams for the new 52 books. Can't see how it is really a bad thing, can only be good as long as it makes for great stories we enjoy, right? Always have been a Legion fan and look forward to seeing how the change comes around for it with DeFalco's coming in.

Well most of the books with new writers are books that haven't been any good. It's better to get a new writer then just canceling it.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By charlieboy

defalco is great. loved his spider-girl run and his thor run.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Eyz

Nooo! We're losing Fabian Nicieza already? Which book will he be in? Or moving to the other publishers?

Yeah, I'm one of those guys who follow authors and artists rather than the series/characters :P

wowylied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By wowylied

I really hope they change their way with the writing of this title, i was completely LOST when trying the 2 first issue, it was the worst beginning of the new 52 i have read since the first week of the renumbering.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By ReVamp

@The Stegman said:

i really tried to get into this comic, and LOSH, but they seem to only want to cater to people who are already fans of the LOSH, even with the reboot, i found it impossible to jump on

I believe it helps to read the pre-flashpoint series that is about 12 issues or so...

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Or35ti

DeFalco's vision sounds really classic, which may be exactly what this book needs :)

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By ReVamp

@jsphsmth said:

@ReVamp: No. That was a completely different Legion Lost.

The current story does reference some of Paul Levitz's work over the past year and a half on the LOSH.

You're agreeing with me then? It references, thus reading the previous story would help. I'm not sure what your point is...

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By TheMess1428

This sounds extremely awesome. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.