Favourite Incarnation of the Legion

#1 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

What's your favourite incarnation of the LSH? The original SA series, the mid-80's Baxter paper series (where they seemed to kill off 2 or 3 members pretty quickly), the Legionnairres - more cartoony series or the latest Supergirl and series? Whilst the artwork has undoubtedly improved over the years, I stii go for the SA run.

#2 Posted by Crazy Jay Blue (113 posts) - - Show Bio

Any incarnation with Walter Cronkite as leader.

#3 Posted by POHOCOM (807 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely the 80's. Timberwolf had the best costume and powers of any incarnation. Wildfire was also at his best. Wish they would bring back Myg, Karate Kid II.

#4 Posted by Teen Manatee (359 posts) - - Show Bio

the current one. great art and costumes.

#5 Posted by wildwolfkid (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-Crisis Legion, Dave Cockrum costumes are the best.

#6 Posted by HammerTron (590 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed the SW6 batch team.

Their costumes were more uniform looking and still allowed for individual differences.

#7 Posted by Izaiah (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

The Threeboot/Reimagining/'Earth-Prime' incarnation.  It's a shame Jim Shooter was forced to rush their final story arc when LSH vol. 5 was cancelled...

#8 Posted by thegamerdaddy (15 posts) - - Show Bio
@HammerTron said:

I enjoyed the SW6 batch team.

Their costumes were more uniform looking and still allowed for individual differences.

Agreed about the costumes, not about the story lines, have to give that one to the '70-'80's bunch, but hey that's when I first started reading comics.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.