Follow

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Team » League of Extraordinary Gentlemen appears in 41 issues.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen are a group of past literary heroes contained in Alan Moore's graphic novel of the same name. They are led by Mina Murray of Bram Stoker's Dracula fame.

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By lagoon_boy
    I just saw this movie again an hour ago, and looked actually how great it was. The plot and story was very excellent...i actually liked it a lot before and even liked it even more, I don't understand why movies today (Even if they are good,) has too many plot hole's and rely on their action...The movies back in the day (2003 and below) was very good, and the combination of the Story and the action Mixed perfectly... even those non-action films the story were very very good...and not that many plot holes.

Who's your favorite Director?
    Whats your favorite all time movie?
    Whats your current favorite movie?                 I decided to create this thread to Show what movies were and are now.

No Caption Provided
    capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By capall

i thought the storyline was mediocre but the movie was powered up by Connery and Depp

spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By spawndon

Not a very great movie... They had a great ship and a great 6-wheeled car though. :} 
    Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Matezoide2

i liked that movie

Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bearded Justice

Went to see it in theaters and thought it was awesome!
    Daydream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Daydream

Comic was much, much better...
    Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Undergroundgod

I have read all the characters in that movie, all of them, and the only one, I felt they kind of F' up on was Dorian Grey. Everyone else was spot on.
    ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ironshadow

I never read the comics or the characters but I enjoyed the movie.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By EdwardWindsor

i thought the film was god aweful. The characters where much softer and lamer than their comic equivelents, Tom Sawyer was added to be the Hero of the piece when its supposed to be a british team with no  American ties. The storyline was naff compared to any of the comic ones and the casting in parts was lack luster. they would of been better oiff animating the whole thing or making it an 18 and staying true to comics.

Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Undergroundgod
    @lazystudent said:
    "i thought the film was god aweful. The characters where much softer and lamer than their comic equivelents, Tom Sawyer was added to be the Hero of the piece when its supposed to be a british team with no  American ties. The storyline was naff compared to any of the comic ones and the casting in parts was lack luster. they would of been better oiff animating the whole thing or making it an 18 and staying true to comics. "

No American ties, what are you talking about? At least five of the characters in the League have ties to America! I mean, yes their British, but they have been all over the world.
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EdwardWindsor
    @Undergroundgod:  None of the members are either American or have any aligance to America was what i meant to say. Those are the ties I  ment having visited America isnt really a tie i have been to America doenst mean iam connected with it.
    Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Undergroundgod
    @lazystudent said:
    "@Undergroundgod:  None of the members are either American or have any aligance to America was what i meant to say. Those are the ties I  ment having visited America isnt really a tie i have been to America doenst mean iam connected with it. "

What I mean is, yes they have visited America, but they also have or had American friends, allies in their past. Aligance has nothing to do with it, I mean Captain Nemo, and Mina Harker don't have an Aligance, to British rule either.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By danhimself
    @capall said:
    " i thought the storyline was mediocre but the movie was powered up by Connery and Depp "
    Depp wasn't in the movie
    Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Undergroundgod
    @danhimself said:
    " @capall said:
    " i thought the storyline was mediocre but the movie was powered up by Connery and Depp "
    Depp wasn't in the movie "

And yes I was getting to that, who was Depp again in the movie, can anyone tell me? 

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EdwardWindsor
    @Undergroundgod:  None that are really worth mentioning as stand out characters " i terms of allies" from the issues that i can remember. Actualy both the characters do have connection/aligance to British rule in order to get what they want .  Nemo  works for them for a pardon from the government reguarding the colonial wars emaning if he wishes he cna go back to his homeland. Harker is alligned with the government becuase they protect her from being arrested or hunted down by the likes of van helsing esq vampire hunters. The fact remians Tom Sawyer was not needed and shouldnt of been in film, he was just put in to please the American audience since there was no Americans in it otherwise.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

I'm rereading the comic now, it's brilliant, but that film is one of my least favorite films of all time.

capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By capall
    @danhimself:  
    so who was the vampire dude in the movie? it's been a long time since i saw this, lol
    Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Undergroundgod
    @lazystudent said:
    " @Undergroundgod:  None that are really worth mentioning as stand out characters " i terms of allies" from the issues that i can remember. Actualy both the characters do have connection/aligance to British rule in order to get what they want .  Nemo  works for them for a pardon from the government reguarding the colonial wars emaning if he wishes he cna go back to his homeland. Harker is alligned with the government becuase they protect her from being arrested or hunted down by the likes of van helsing esq vampire hunters. The fact remians Tom Sawyer was not needed and shouldnt of been in film, he was just put in to please the American audience since there was no Americans in it otherwise."

Don't diss with Mark Twain! I am not saying one of the main comic stories would not have worked, because any of them would have. Mark Twain's Tom Sawyer is a great character and I liked the shock value.
    ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ARMIV

I dug it. 'Course then I never read the book either.
    Oh well,that shouldn't stop me from liking it any way.

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lagoon_boy
    Good different Comments; But the movies before had great storyline and plots.
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

The movie had a lot of flaws, but the major ones:

1. Tom Sawyer. He has no reasons to be in the League, and was only added to please the American audience.

2. I wanted Griffin, the self-centered cutthroat sociopath from the comic book. I got Rodney Skinner, the comic relief.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.