Follow

Laura Braga

Person » Laura Braga is credited in 225 issues.

Artist for Top Cow

Interview Part 2 for Witchblade's new creative team of Ron Marz, Laura Braga and Betsy Gonia

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

User Lists: 3

Edited By wmwadeii

No Caption Provided

I just finished posting the second part of my interview with Ron Marz, Laura Braga, and Betsy Gonia about being the new creative team on Witchblade by Top Cow. You can read a snip-it of the interview along with a few preview images below, and head over to my blog for it in it's entirety.

How does it feel working for a company like Top Cow?

LB: It's great! I definitely love to work with everybody at Top Cow. And I've always loved the characters of Top Cow universe so, as a fan, it's amazing to have the chance to draw them.

GB: In general, it’s quite enjoyable to work for Top Cow. I find working at a smaller company to be more enjoyable than to be another cog in the machine of a large company. I feel a stronger sense of camaraderie and success when something goes well, but on the flipside, more stress and anxiety when there’s a large project to do or something goes wrong. Altogether it’s a good experience.

Witchblade is currently the longest running ongoing series with a female protagonist, and also Top Cows longest running series, How did you feel when you were asked to join the book? Were you intimidated, overwhelmed, ecstatic?

LB: I've always been a fan of Sara Pezzini and Witchblade, it's been one of the first comics I've read, so I'm really attached to this series. When I got the offer to draw one of my favorite female characters I felt really enthusiastic and excited.

GB: I actually sought to fill the colorist job for Witchblade when I first learned Top Cow would be changing the creative team for the book. It was an opportunity to bridge the gap between production work and creative work, and I intended to at least try to make that crossover. Once Laura Braga was established as the artist for the book, I colored some of her test pages and sent them to her for her feedback and opinion. Working from her critique, I adjusted my coloring style, and we worked together to create a style that we both enjoyed. Once that style was figured out, I sent the pages to Matt Hawkins and Marc Silvestri for review, and they agreed to let me color Witchblade. It was, and still is, incredibly exciting and humbling to color Witchblade, especially knowing the long-standing history of the book. I’m very grateful to be working on it!

You've both worked on some recent Cyber Force issues (Laura as an artist, and Betsy as a producer/editor). How is your approach different for Witchblade?

LB: My style is just the same, but Witchblade's settings and the atmospheres are very different from Cyber Force's. I just try to give the right tone to each story.

GB: Since I’m working as a creator on Witchblade now, I’m stepping away from any direct editorial work on it, unless I absolutely need to. However, having done some editorial work on other Top Cow titles has helped me edit and clarify my own work before I send it on to Ron, Laura, and Bryan Rountree for their reviews.

Read the rest of my Exclusive Interview with Laura and Betsy at Images Unplugged. Also be sure to check out Part 1 of my interview as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.