how to beat the lasso of truth?

#1 Posted by justice teen (494 posts) - - Show Bio

hwen bind in the LOT why dont people just say. i dont want to tell you , thats the truth, or i dont have to tell you.

#2 Posted by Dark Walker (477 posts) - - Show Bio

You have to have a strong will, like Batman.  The Lasso is powerful, it was forged by a god by godly means (lol).  I don't think there are many who have resisted the power of the lasso, Wonder Woman has even been able to subdue Superman with it.  It isn't beyond corruption as seen with Genocide. 

#3 Posted by Mainline (1072 posts) - - Show Bio
@justice teen said:
"
hwen bind in the LOT why dont people just say. i dont want to tell you , thats the truth, or i dont have to tell you.  
"
It's magic, it compels one to tell the truth. 

Depending on the writer one might be able to sidestep the truth through genuinely believed subjective truth... for example, if a color blind person earnestly believed what they were looking at was "green" but objectively it was "red", a person under the lasso's influence could say "green".  Additionally, where there are issues of interpretation or non-mutually exclusive truth, Wonder Woman might not get the optimal answer she's after.
#4 Posted by cennobite (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Would the Joker be able to resist, he is so 100% insane getting the truth from him might not be possible, also being like the Spectre, Nekron, Ganthet and Darkseid might be to powerful. 

#5 Posted by RazzaTazz (8968 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman would not be able to resist.  It is generally accepted that it is not effective against gods.         
#6 Posted by Mumbles (843 posts) - - Show Bio

you have to step on a tac.

#7 Posted by SC (13344 posts) - - Show Bio

Have no head. Hard to talk if you have no head... well unless your mouth is on your hand. Then slapping people becomes extra icky. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.