Follow

Larry Hama

Person » Larry Hama is credited in 1408 issues.

Larry Hama is a comic book writer with numerous credits, notably in the titles Wolverine, Venom Finale, Nth Man the Ultimate Ninja, and both G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero and its spin-off G.I. Joe: Special Missions.

First Look: "The Devil’s Handshake"

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Check Out The Preview For The New Upcoming Comic!

I'll admit, I've never been really crazy about "western" style comics, save perhaps for " Jonah Hex," who reminds me so much of "Batman," which I can only take in small doses. Reading through this preview of Archaia Comics' latest comic book got me interested, however! The new series will be written by G.I. Joe veteran Larry Hama, co-written by Ryan Schifrin with art work by Adam Archer. The great thing about this book is that it will be a complete one shot; beginning and ending with one book. Looking at the preview panels provided, I'll admit I was not completely drawn to Archer's artistic style; but the writing seemed to me at least, to be so captivating that I felt it made up for it. Seven pages later, I regret that I have to wait until October for the full 48-page issue.

The Devil’s Handshake is the story of two adventurous British jewel thieves named Alaric Moebius and Basil Fox, who have been tricked into stealing artifacts from around the world by a man who might just be the Devil himself! On an adventure that takes them from the volcanoes of New Guinea to the wastelands of the Saharan desert, Moebius and Fox encounter flesh-eating cannibals, an all-virgin squad of female commandos, and the murderous undead Ghoul Brothers, who never seem to be far behind our heroes!

“With Devil’s Handshake I wanted to create two new pulp heroes for the 21st century, while at the same time paying homage to some of the adventure stories I grew up with,” said Schifrin. “Larry is a master at what he does, and the stunning art of Adam Archer and Lizzy John speaks for itself. The fine folks of Archaia have been amazing to work with and supportive of the book from day one, and I can’t wait to see readers’ reactions to what we’ve put together!”

The 48-page issue may seem a bit pricey with its $5.95 tag, but may be worth it considering how wordy the preview pages seem to be. Keep in mind it is a one shot, and begins and ends in one issue. Take a look at the preview of the book and let us know what you think! Are you interested in reading more?  
    Would you consider purchasing the issue when it is released in October? 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1  Edited By jefprice

Cool! Nice job Babs!!

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Bruce Vain

A bit pricey like you said, buuuut it is Larry Hama annnnd I do like westerns. So I might pick it up.
    Avatar image for therichestmanintown
    TheRichestManinTown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sounds like something I'll have to keep an eye out for.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By No_Name_

Unfortunately you can't read the text. I'll have to try and fix that for you guys.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By No_Name_

Much better! Now you can read it. Enjoy! (I know I did :) )

Avatar image for pistol_packin__poet
    Pistol Packin' Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aart looks fantastic

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Media_Master
    an all-virgin squad of female commandos     

that alone is worth the price
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Ah, bravo for you Babs. One thing I really enjoy about your reports. You showcase many comics that I don't think many would ever come across.

Reading the dialog. I'm not that surprised it's from a former G.I. Joe writer.

MJ Styles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By MJ Styles

I'm really digging the artwork.  I might have to check this one out. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.