Follow

Larfleeze

Character » Larfleeze appears in 206 issues.

The ageless thief, Larfleeze is billions of years old and the first being to tap into the unrivaled power of Avarice and is the keeper of the Orange Lantern Corps, because he is too greedy to share his rings he has kept this power to himself making him a one man lantern corp. More recently, Larfleeze has become the biological power battery for the Orange light. Larfleeze has clashed with Atrocitus, multiple Lantern corps, Krona, Volthoom and even Gods.

Should Larfleeze get his own series like Atrocitus?

Beserkerfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Should Larfleeze get his own series like Atrocitus? (45 votes)

Yes 69%
    No(I'm a fool and my opinion doesn't matter) 31%

What do you guys think?

• 
    2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

He does have his own series. And, as long as it's good, I don't see why not, although I would have preferred a different title.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Dabee

Yes, a lot of people feel that way because he is getting one. After the backups in Threshold that were really good, the same creative team is taking over on an ongoing. Atrocitus doesn't really have his OWN ongoing, though, per-sei. Red Lanterns focuses on him mainly, but also with heavy focus and emphasis on Bleez and Rankorr. Especially now, it's going to have a lot of focus on Guy Gardner as well. Anyway, to answer your question: Yes. :-D

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#3  Edited By Extremis

As people have already said, Larfleeze IS getting his own series. Comes out next month.

Oh, and it's his His HIS! And he's not sharing it with anyone!

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
    Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Larfleeze #1

The Blue Lanterns should have their own series.

They need more members like the Green Lanterns have and/or they need their own manhunter type robots.

I would like to see a mix of both.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By dernman

No I feel he should never have been created and most of the other corps be destroyed.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RustyRoy

Yes, Larfleeze deserves his own series and he already has one and I hope its good.

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
    Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
    Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Extremis

@dernman: wow really? Tear down the whole mythology why dontcha.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dernman

@extremis said:

@dernman: wow really? Tear down the whole mythology why dontcha.

There are a lot of things I would do differently. I think he went to heavy with the different lights and corps.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I used to have the same opinion, but I actually have come to the conclusion that its not a gimmick at all. Theres so many great stories and chracters that have come and will continue to come out of this. It's really just a creative way to create this whole allegorical mythology. Not mention it also then makes sense of the green lanterns no longer being green for some arbitrary reason.

Johns is a master of mythology-making and characterization, and I think it was a great original way to make sense of the Green lantern's existence - pretty much by building around it, instead if tearing things down - while also creating an allegory thats basically about the idea that its much healthier for people to face their emotions rather than hiding them away or pretending they don't exist. Also, now we have all these different Corps and their league of characters to explore. Removing corps would just fundamentally destroy the mythos Johns created. If you did that, you'd have to build it up completely different, and then it wouldn't be the rich franchise that it is today.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

Larfleeze #1

The Blue Lanterns should have their own series.

They need more members like the Green Lanterns have and/or they need their own manhunter type robots.

I would like to see a mix of both.

As a Blue Lantern I 2nd this. A series about my team would be AWESOME! It'd be the only series I buy monthly. The rest I would get the graphic novels for...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I don't really like Larfleeze and I don't understand why people do, his personality is cute for a bit, but after awhile it gets boring and borderline annoying, he's a one trick baboon. I personally would have rather had a Lobo title or heck, in a Blue Lanterns title.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ximpossibrux

@the_stegman said:

I personally would have rather had a Lobo title or heck, in a Blue Lanterns title.

This x100

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis: Not mention it also then makes sense of the green lanterns no longer being green for some arbitrary reason.

I don't think it needed a reason for them being green. It would have been fine with it being a byproduct of the ore they mine.

Johns is a master of mythology-making and characterization,

I had problems with the way he presented it. Even if I included the spectrum I would have done it differently. The way he did it came of too heavy and now it seems flooded with little room for other things.

and I think it was a great original way to make sense of the Green lantern's existence -pretty much by building around it, instead if tearing things down -

I didn't like it and there already was sense to their existence. If that wasn't enough there were other ways to go. I also disagree with you on not tearing down. For me he tore down the Guardians who I always saw as much different then what we ended up with.

Also, now we have all these different Corps and their league of characters to explore.

That's not necessarily a good thing.

Removing corps would just fundamentally destroy the mythos Johns created.

That's not necessarily a bad thing.

If you did that, you'd have to build it up completely different,

Even if that's true thats not necessarily a bad thing.

and then it wouldn't be the rich franchise that it is today.

Thats just not true

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I mean it's your opinion so ill respect it. But you still haven't explained what you'd do different other than saying you wouldn't do this or wouldn't do that. I also dont see how your story would be any better, as i still dont know what route youd want to take the GL mythos. It's easy to look back and pick things apart, but Johns created a whole expansive mythology the likes of which never existed in GL. GL is now more popular and acclaimed a franchise than it ever was solely because of the work of Johns. How would your changes make the mythology any better? It seems you want to dismantle things from it which would only make it a more shallow concept.

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
    BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I wish Atrocitus had his own series again ):

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dernman

@extremis: But you still haven't explained what you'd do different other than saying you wouldn't do this or wouldn't do that.

That's because

1. It's something I've actually been working on for months for fun and still haven't finished. I get distracted easily
    2. Too much to add here.
    3. Was never looking to get into a whole thing. Just an in and out comment.
    4. I'm lazy

I also dont see how your story would be any better, as i still dont know what route youd want to take the GL mythos.

of course you don't I haven't told you but seeing as it's something subject to opinion and personal taste it's not really something you can say is better without realizing it's just opinion

It's easy to look back and pick things apart, but Johns created a whole expansive mythology the likes of which never existed in GL

Actually a lot of the changes i've been saying since the beginning.

. GL is now more popular and acclaimed a franchise than it ever was solely because of the work of Johns.

But there is no proof that it couldn't have been better or worse if taken a different direction.

How would your changes make the mythology any better?

Look above. I may actually post a series of blogs on how I would have done things differently with DC/Marvel U. Though to be honest I've seen users do it before it seems people don't want to see it.

It seems you want to dismantle things from it which would only make it a more shallow concept.

there really is no basis for that claim

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: well there's also no proof that it would be any better either. Look, I respect you don't like it. But you have to understand that you're not persuading those who like it to the contrary simply by dismissing whats already there without even offering up any of your own ideas on what could work. You can offer your dissent all you want, no one will take you seriously until you actually give an alternative. I can sit here an bash democracy, but unless I offer some constructed idea of an alternative people don't really have any reason to listen to me. Hence my point. Tag me when you make your blog on it or whatever, I'd gladly check it out. Otherwise we're just asserting about whether we like it or not - which is a horse that's been beaten to death here already.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dernman

@extremis: well there's also no proof that it would be any better either.

I never said there was I only said my opinion on what has been given and what I felt about it.

Look, I respect you don't like it. But you have to understand that you're not persuading those who like it to the contrary simply by dismissing whats already there without even offering up any of your own ideas on what could work.

I wasn't trying to persuade anyone. Even if I was good at that sort of thing why would I want to do that. It won't change anything in the books, I'm cool with people liking GL the way it us, and if I did succeed then maybe it might ruin it for them.

You can offer your dissent all you want, no one will take you seriously until you actually give an alternative.

take me seriously to what end? I think most people would it naturally for what it was my opinion and preference. There is no need for anything further than that. If someone can't accept that then that is really about them and not me.

I can sit here an bash democracy, but unless I offer some constructed idea of an alternative people don't really have any reason to listen to me.

That really only depends on purpose of the post what the person intends to get out of it.

Hence my point. Tag me when you make your blog on it or whatever, I'd gladly check it out.

I;ll try and remember to do so.

Otherwise we're just asserting about whether we like it or not - which is a horse that's been beaten to death here already.

It was beaten long ago. Didn't really need to turn into somethin.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He is getting one so yeah. If it's any good I might consider getting it..

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be shocked if Joe Camel oops I mean Larfleeze series lasts more than 12 issues.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
    Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

Blue Lanterns should get one before him.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Extremis

@dernman: I was just trying to point out that people might actually care about and weigh your argument if you provided reasoning behind why it could be improved instead of just claiming it could be without so much as a reason how. Just comes off as a hollow explanation with an air of self-prescibed grandeur - as if we just need to trust YOU it could be better without us even deserving so much as a reason. You should respect others more than that.

I have no problem hearing someone out when they challenge an established idea or, in this case, an established mythology. But where I come from, you better provide reasons behind your argument otherwise why should anyone listen to you? If you have solutions, or things of intellectual weight to add, let us have them. Otherwise don't waste our time. That is all.

Beserkerfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Beserkerfury

Just seen some scans of Larfleeze #1,it's effing terrible.It looks like they made him into an awful comic relief type character,AKA Deadpool.

The art sucks,the dialogue is trash.I doubt this will last beyond 10 issues.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@beserkerfury: Terrible series can last if they sell well.

Though, Threshold just got cancelled with very low sales, so I wonder how well this will sell.

bob808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Larfleeze is awesome.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beserkerfury: Did you see the actual series or that little mini series at the end of Threshold?

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Extremis
    Beserkerfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tacos_kickass: lol I hope that was the mini series cus it seemed pretty awful.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#31 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I like Larfleeze, but he really is only good in small doses.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

No I feel he should never have been created and most of the other corps be destroyed.

BLASPHEMY! *douses you with holy water*

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#33  Edited By Queso6p4

Not really a fan of Larfleeze but if he can be better written than Red Lanterns then good for him. Edit: I will watch this topic just to get a better feel of his fanbase.

@beserkerfury said:

Just seen some scans of Larfleeze #1,it's effing terrible.It looks like they made him into an awful comic relief type character,AKA Deadpool.

The art sucks,the dialogue is trash.I doubt this will last beyond 10 issues.

Oops. Nevermind. :/

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#34 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

So, I see this book will be Giffen and DeMatteis? Giffen blew me away with Annihilation and Annihilation: Silver Surfer, but DeMatteis wrote some of my least favorite Silver Surfer issues, including destroying Zenn-La and Shalla Bal. I think I might just role with my original response...

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dernman

@extremis:

I was just trying to point out that people might actually care about and weigh your argument if you provided

I'm going to stop you right there because you're not getting it and the rest really is irrelevent. I wasn't trying to make an argument. I was making a simple statement how how I felt then move on. Nobody was suppose to care beyond acknowledging that's how I feel about the subject. If I wanted more than that I would have posted more than that. I put in what I intended to get back. You're the one who keeps going on about me wanting and trying for more then I was seeking and turning this into a whole issue when it wasn't. Everything else you posted is irrelevant because it gets into a whole thing that has nothing to do with me or the situation at hand that you are trying to put into it. That's why I told you earlier it depends on the purpose of the posters post and what they expect to get out of it. The only person wasting anyones time is you by turning this into a situation when it wasn't and trying to put an a purpose to my post that was different then the one it actually was. So do us all a favor and stop wasting everyones time, derailing the thread, and let it go already.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

his series is coming out very soon

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

So, I see this book will be Giffen and DeMatteis? Giffen blew me away with Annihilation and Annihilation: Silver Surfer, but DeMatteis wrote some of my least favorite Silver Surfer issues, including destroying Zenn-La and Shalla Bal. I think I might just role with my original response...

Giffen and DeMatteis is a solid creative team. JLI is a fan favorite.

BB

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Extremis

@dernman: you're the one derailing the thread, talking about Larfleeze never should have been created and most of the other corps should be destroyed. If you wanted to carry on in discussion about it intelligently then that's one thing, but you've made it clear you only wish to make flaming remarks. My evidence being your assumption that a post's meaning is only what the poster attributes to it. That is false. By that logic you can say whatever you want without explanation or care to other posters on a forum. Just because we are on the Internet doesn't mean you don't have to expect to be a responsile adult and explain yourself when you make flaming remarks. Otherwise you are just being irresponsible and, frankly, quite immature.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dernman

@extremis: you're the one derailing the thread, talking about Larfleeze never should have been created

Bull^&^* the damn thread poll on whether or not Larfleeze should get a book. So I gave my answer and my reason why. That's on topic. This argument you started over you not being able accept I won't satisfy your need to further debate my opinion is what had derailed the thread.

If you wanted to carry on in discussion

Stop right there. Thats what your not getting. The point of my post was never to carry on a discussion. It was to vote, state opinion without going into depth then move on. Now people were free to ask to further discussing it in depth and depending on how I felt I may or may not go further with it but if not then you move on.

but you've made it clear you only wish to make flaming remarks

Right because a persons opinion that is different then yours is a flaming remark. Riiiiight. Lets just ignore the fact that your opinions were different then mine and I was totally ok with that and pretty much said so. Lets ignore the fact that I said it was just my opinion and had no desire to change others of theirs.

My evidence being your assumption that a post's meaning is only what the poster attributes to it.

Well that's bull evidence. If I came on here and had a desire to make a funny or serious the purposes the amount I'm willing to would be my own and nobody elses. The fact you think you think that otherwise shows how off base you are. The only guideline I should follow is if it's on topic which it was unlike this argument you insisted on having.

Just because we are on the Internet doesn't mean you don't have to expect to be a responsile adult and explain yourself when you make flaming remarks. Otherwise you are just being irresponsible and, frankly, quite immature.

Right responsible adult. You mean like someone who ignores a person's wishes despite that person repeating them, not not simple accepting someone has a different opinion, and continually derailing a thread as opposed to someone who basically said I have my opinion others have theirs and I'm ok with that but I have no desire to get deep into it.

You're right if you can't act like an adult then you shouldn't post on these forums. That's very good advice you should follow/

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: no one's denied you your opinion, so you can stop getting so defensive. Also you can leave whenever you want. You obviously like flaming when you stay in a thread about a character who is of no interest to you, yet spur on arguments. You just don't like that I've called you out and you have nothing to say. Should I remind you it is also my own right to assert that opinion? I've asked you to provide some reasons, as is my right, and you have yet to do so. Your choice, but then don't expect me to just leave it alone when you incessantly reply. You're the one who won't explain yourself so it's your decision if you want it left alone but then why do you keep returning if it's such a waste of time? Because, once again, you like to keep flaming this thread.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis: no one's denied you your opinion, so you can stop getting so defensive.

I didn't say anyone was denying my opinion and I'm not getting defensive. I'm getting annoyed that you refuse to let this go. Big deal I had an opinion that differs from yours and I didn't feel like getting deeper into in then I have. Why can't you just let it be as I have my opinion and you have yours and leave it at that?

Also you can leave whenever you want.

I would if you but you keep saying things about a subject that involves me which is the only reason I'm still talking to you. If you just accepted that I wasn't willing to go into a deeper debate this would have

You obviously like flaming when you stay in a thread about a character who is of no interest to you

RIiiiight because a poll that asks the question "should Larfleeze get his own series" obviously only involves the people who like the character and has nothing to also do with the people who don't. It's totally flaming. Not to mention I can't possible not be interested in other peoples opinion just because I don't share it.

yet spur on arguments.

Uh huh Yep sure you refusing to accept and respecting the fact that I didn't want to go deeper into my opinion and moving on isn't the real reason for the argument.

You just don't like that I've called you out and you have nothing to say.

You're fooling yourself if you think you called me out on anything jack and it's an ignorant to assume that I have nothing say just because I didn't want to explore it deeper with you. Of course you think that though because you can't possible deal with the fact someone has no need to debate every opinion against someone elses.

Should I remind you it is also my own right to assert that opinion?

Should I remind you that I already said I was ok with you having an opinion other than mine? Should I remind you that it was you that asserted you opinion to me when I didn't direct mine at any one in particular?

I've asked you to provide some reasons, as is my right, and you have yet to do so

and as I said earlier it is ok to ask but what you're not getting is it's my right not to to go any deeper then I want too then I want too. What is not your right is to keep pushing when I've expressed that I don't want to go any further into it.

Your choice, but then don't expect me to just leave it alone when you incessantly reply.

Right so you admit you're wrong. Here is your logic. You ask someone to do something and they say they don't feel like it. So what you come up with is because they answered you thats your go ahead to continue instead of respecting their wishes. I hope you never go on a date with a girl and try to sleep with her because with that logic we see where that will end up. Oh and for the record I have in fact stopped replying with my opinion on Larfleez. Just because I don't want to explore that doesn't mean don't expect or think i'm going back down from the bull that you're trying to incessantly peddle concerning the argument that YOU are responsible for.

You're the one who won't explain yourself so it's your decision if you want it left alone but then why do you keep returning if it's such a waste of time?

1 Because like I said I stopped returning because of the opinion and am responding to the bull you keep trying to pass off in this argument which you pushed us into.

2 if so my decision to not explain myself why you continually force the issue when I'm only answering you that I don't want too?

3 It goes right back to you since you accused me of wasting time. Why do you continue if you think I'm wasting time?

Because, once again, you like to keep flaming this thread.

Because once again you keep making ^*&^ up that isn't true. Once again this only turned ugly because YOU didn't get what you wanted.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By TDK_1997

He is getting his own comic book by Keith Giffen and J.M. Dematteis.

Kid_Nacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.