Follow

Lara Croft

Character » Lara Croft appears in 268 issues.

As an archeologist, she travels all over the world looking for historic (and mystical) artifacts before they fall into the wrong hands. Her reputation grants the nickname "The Tomb Raider".

New Tomb Raider game.....

J.C.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By J.C.

here are some official artworks(concept art):  

Unofficial story:
     When a sudden storm destroys her research vessel, a young and inexperienced Lara Croft finds herself stranded on a mysterious and remote island hidden off the shores of Japan. Despite several signs of various inhabitants the island is oddly deserted, and an uneasy feeling settles in as strange sounds emerge from the shadows.

With only her determination, inner strength, and resourcefulness to help her, Lara must overcome the challenges of a harsh and unforgiving journey that will take her across a vast island wilderness and deep into the claustrophobic and menacing underground tombs from the island's past.

As she struggles to prevail through brutal combat encounters and treacherous exploration, Lara will be pushed to her limits and forced to adapt to her situation in order to survive and escape from the lethal predators that stalk her every move.

FEATURES:
    • Hunt or Be Hunted: Evade, outsmart, trick and kill the mysterious enemies that hunt you as prey.
    • Survival Action: Brutally attack and defend yourself as you fight to survive through visceral one-on-one melee combat.
    • Strategic Weapons: Gain an advantage in combat by finding an array of different melee and ranged weapons including a variety of guns, and the hunter's ultimate weapon, the bow.
    • Creative Survival: React and adapt to the island by using only that which you can salvage from the environment like climbing axes, rope, and machetes that can be used to unlock new traversal and combat game play options.
    • Free Movement: Scramble up a vertical cliff wall, sprint and leap across a huge chasm, steer mid-air to land a misdirected jump: There is no one right way to traverse, survive, and explore the harsh environment of the island.
    • One Cohesive World: The diverse multi-region island is an open playground alive with creatures, weather, and natural events.
    • Origin Story: The new Tomb Raider concept reboots the franchise by exploring Lara Croft's transformation into a hardened adventurer as you unravel the story behind the island's mysterious past.  

http://forum.croftgeneration.com/index.php?/topic/2-tomb-raider-origins/

What do you think about this? Would you buy a Tomb Raider game with Silent Hill characteristics, and I read somewhere that its not coming out as an adventure game, but as an horror game.

Airhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Airhead

I truely love Lara i have pics of her all over my room,every video game of hers, everything but this game look like it isnt gonna be good.like when Resident Evil went from Survivor Horror game to shot'em ups it might be a good game just not what you would call a Tomb Raider game.From what i have read it says that this is supposed to be when she was a kid (like the first and second levels of tomb raider the last revelation Lara)and she is stuck on an island so i would say that this is gonna be like a game for the show Lost

x Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By x Phoenix

I agree with @Airhead i am an ultimate lara croft fan but its called TOMB RAIDER for a reason and hunting weird looking grudge like creatures doesnt seem Tomb Raider style.... but like i said im a huge fan and will bear with their decisions no matter what (except if she dies....)
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crom-Cruach

The only Tom Raider that's A list is the one written by Top Cow.

Liked some of the games but she needs a total reboot or to stay in the comic medium.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By agent9149

yes the lord has answered my prayers.......he has answered.....he has answered

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Primmaster64

hmmm

Mediant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By Mediant
    @Airhead: @x Phoenix: I think Lara Croft has grown beyond just being a tomb raider-- and that's probably a good thing. 

This game sounds promising, but I won't get my hopes up.
    x Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By x Phoenix
    @Mediant:
     i agree with you. theres two sides to this though. lara has grown from a tomb raider  into something bigger and better but leaving behind the tombs is a big change also....... but heck i'll still get the game!! :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.