First Look: TOMB RAIDER Preorder Comic from Dark Horse

Posted by G-Man (36772 posts) - - Show Bio

You've probably heard, Lara Croft is returning to video game consoles in a new Tomb Raider game, slated for a March release. Lara has had plenty of comic book adventures at Top Cow but she's making a move to Dark Horse.

Over on the Tomb Raider Facebook page, a preview for the preorder incentive comic being released. Wonder if this could lead to another ongoing series?

You can preorder the game at tombraider.com/preorder. The Facebook page mentions this comic as a "preorder incentive at participating retailers." It appears that the comic is available only if you preorder at Best Buy (you have your choice of exclusive items from different retailers).

The comic is written by Rhianna Pratchett, who is the lead game writer. It will be a 48-page hardcover. No word if this will ever be available separately.

A 48-page, six-part hardcover omnibus, “TOMB RAIDER: The Beginning” follows the story of how the crew came together for The Endurance's fateful mission to discover the lost Japanese kingdom of Yamatai. Originally intended to feature as the latest instalment of Dr. James Whitman's successful archaeology show, Whitman's World, the show-biz archaeologist gets more than he bargained for when he enlists the help of Captain Conrad Roth. As Roth's unique and eccentric crew gradually come together and share their stories and secrets, the expedition faces unexpected threats before it's even begun.

More news on Tomb Raider comics will be available in the coming months.

#1 Posted by ARMIV2 (8680 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice, nice, I like what I'm seeing.

#2 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3921 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#3 Posted by blackkitty (340 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to the game, might check out the comic too.

#4 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

She is too flat chested. You see that side boob? I don't. Her breasts need to rival Power Girls in size.

#5 Posted by dondave (38519 posts) - - Show Bio

Might buy this

#6 Posted by ShadowMonkey (70 posts) - - Show Bio

"Lara Croft is returning to video game counsels". That's cool, I thought only lawyers and such could get onto councels. Good for her!

#7 Posted by danhimself (22628 posts) - - Show Bio

can't wait for this game...I already have it preordered

and I really do hope that they start a new comic book for her....I really enjoyed the Top Cow book from a while back

#8 Posted by GamerGeek360 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

I preordered this at GameStop so I guess I can't get this comic. Oh well, still looks really cool!

#9 Posted by wmwadeii (3250 posts) - - Show Bio

looking forward to the game, will have to check this out.

#10 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

cover is beautiful interiors i'am not a fan of though.

#11 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll get my hands on the comic -- and although I am a little put out with the new approach to Lara game-wise, I will be picking it up. Tomb Raider as an ongoing would be the cherry on top.

#12 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rather a nikita book but cool

#13 Posted by LordRequiem (1318 posts) - - Show Bio

Her head is a strange shape on that cover.

#14 Posted by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

Color me interested. I just hope she keeps the cargo pants throughout this and doesn't regress back to shorts. Like Red Sonja and Dejah Thoris I alsways found that costume so unrealistic and off-putting.

#15 Posted by NightFang (10133 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

She is too flat chested. You see that side boob? I don't. Her breasts need to rival Power Girls in size.

I know right! Their sucking the funny out of these characters.

#16 Posted by Samimista (20831 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be playing the game first before reading so I'm not completely spoiled with the plot. Though I am really glad she's getting a comic series. I pre-purchased the game before Christmas on Steam.

#17 Posted by AWeekInGeekdom (229 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad they are giving Tomb Raider the full reboot treatment but I am not a fan of the interiors. :( !! Hopefully the story's good.

#18 Posted by bloggerboy (612 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks really good. I might check this out.

#19 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3559 posts) - - Show Bio

Just wish they would invest more and put some better art production on these. Otherwise, it doesn't feel like much of a reward for preordering. Something to use in the game would be better for preordering.

I think I saw a pendant reward on FaceBook. That looked pretty nice. I'm not sure how you get that one.

#20 Posted by hunter5024 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

That art reminds me of Archer for some reason.

#21 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8900 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Top Cow comic for the most part and haven't seen the latest game that came out and it was filled with accusations of cheaply using almost rape as backstory so I never even bothered to try it out. But I can't say I care much for this, Tom Raider has been dead for years as far as I'm concerned.

#22 Posted by SpitfireINK (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: She's older - its there - gravity take over.

#23 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Art is nice, cover is too. Not bad but I'm not much of a fan of Lara myself, but still, looks great!

#24 Posted by CitizenJP (600 posts) - - Show Bio

@hunter5024 said:

That art reminds me of Archer for some reason.

lol yes!

#25 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems interesting. The game looks phenomenal.

#26 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7386 posts) - - Show Bio

nice

#27 Posted by OriginalVenom (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like its going to get juicy

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.