Follow

Lana Lang

Character » Lana Lang appears in 1729 issues.

Lana Lang is a native of Smallville and was Clark Kent's high school sweetheart. She is one of his closest friends and was one of the first people to find out that Clark was Superman

I demand Lana Lang to be with Clark and DC should kill Lois Lane

• 51 results
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sethysquare

I demand that. I'm sorry but Lana Lang is Superman's true love. She is the one that has been through everything with Clark and she should be with Clark, not Lois Lane.

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By Hunter114

I wouldn't call it "everything"

Lois loves both Clark and Superman, she is there when he needs her, and I'm pretty sure that Lana tried to kill Superman with kryptonite (I think it was in the hunt for kryptonite or the hunt for the third kryptonian) - I wouldn't say they should be together at all... he's happy with Lois, let the man be happy!

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

I am sureeeee that the powers that be at DC have read this and are working on making that happen for you right now

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By blackadamFTW

@Mercy_ said:

I am sureeeee that the powers that be at DC have read this and are working on making that happen for you right now
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sethysquare

Also, Lana Lang is so much prettier than Lois Lane. If Clark wants to be with a mere human, he should at least get a hot girlfriend.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Deranged Midget

Lana's image has forever be plagued by the horrible performance of Kristin Kreuk. And no, Superman's true love is Lois.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sethysquare

I also can't believe DC keeps on benching their great female characters and put Lois in the front and center in all of the Superman books.

Lana only appeared in the back up together with Pete Ross in Action Comics. Thats a crime seriously. What makes Lois so special that she deserves to be married to Clark? I'm one person that can't be happier the marriage is gone. Now, lets work on some real romance here.

Lana Lang And Clark Kent.

Clana.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Video_Martian

@Deranged Midget said:

Superman's true love is Lois.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sethysquare

@Deranged Midget: Everyone just needs to watch this clip posted by ifanboy. On how Jonathan Kent died.

Lana Lang's expression tells the world. She cares so much for Clark and likewise Clark cares about her as well. They only killed the whole story by making a stupid storyline to make way for Lois. It wasn't Lana's fault that they had to be separated, its Lois' fault really.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Deranged Midget

@sethysquare: I can't view the clip but if it's regarding Smallville, Clark's love for Lois and her love and support for him in response completely overshadows Lana's.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sethysquare
    KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By KainScion

ahh the demanding comic book geek

boshuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By boshuda
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sethysquare

@aztek_the_lost: I thought Smallville and some versions of Superman plus Earth one, did that already. He isn't really kryptonite cutting Superman or whatever you call it. LOL.

But no, Lois isn't cooler and at the end of the day Lana is still the hottest girl Clark has ever dated. Lois always played the damsel in distress role and I'm getting a little tired of it, really.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sethysquare

@boshuda: I still ship Wonder Woman with Steve Trevor, but I do hope that WW would hook up with Superman at least once in new 52, but then realised that Lana Lang is his true love. Ignore Lois, if they're meant to be together they would always find a way back to each other.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Deranged Midget

@sethysquare: You refer to it as Lana's love being greater and keep referencing her death before he had Jor-El turn back time. Firstly, Lois never died, so you could never assume how he would've reacted in that situation. Secondly, he willingly told Lois his secret identity, but never to Lana. She merely found out and admitted she knew. Third, if it were not for Lois' support, Clark would've never become the hero he needed to be and forgiven himself for Jonathan's death. She understood him far greater than Lana could've ever hoped for.

And lastly, Smallville isn't canon, nor does it even matter here. Lana has tried to kill Clark in comics more than once. Kinda disproves your theory doesn't it.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#18  Edited By AssertingValor

@sethysquare said:

Also, Lana Lang is so much prettier than Lois Lane. If Clark wants to be with a mere human, he should at least get a hot girlfriend.

indeed

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By joshmightbe

Congratulations, you are the first Lana Lang fan boy I have ever heard of. I'm sure others exist, but I don't really care.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sethysquare

@Deranged Midget: Well, yes, Smallville isn't canon. But what is? Old DCU? New 52? All Star Superman? Superman Earth One? Red Son? Secret Origins? Man of Steel? Birthrights? Kingdom Come?

Canon is whatever you want it to be. And Alas, if Lois had never appeared in comics, Smallville would be written by Lana Lang and Clark happily every after. But anyhows, my point is, Smallville isn't canon, but it took lots of references from the comics.

Also, over here, Lana found out about Clark, but Clark willingly told Lana his secret and everything else.

Lana says "Just know that I will always love you"

If the comics did half as much trying to explore Clark and Lana, I'm sure people will love Clana.

This is a true love story.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sethysquare

@joshmightbe: I know ;)

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Deranged Midget

@sethysquare: Honestly, I can't deter you from your own opinion but with it being that Clark has chosen Lois in almost every medium whether it be television, film, comics proves that Clark and Lois belong together and the last few seasons of Smallville solidified that understanding. I can agree that Lana was Clark's first true love, but his entitled true love she is not.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By joshmightbe

@sethysquare: Lois Appeared in the comics long before Lana did. Lois was in Action Comics #1 way back in 1938 Lana first appeared 12 years later in 1950.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sethysquare

@joshmightbe: Oh I found out, I'm not the only one. Look at all the comments on Clark and Lana page. http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=oe40hHBfiSg

@Deranged Midget: Yes, you're right, Clark has chosen Lois is almost every medium. But maybe New 52 is here to make a change? Maybe they should make a change.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By joshmightbe

@sethysquare: good for you

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Deranged Midget

@sethysquare: I would truly hope that Clark dates a complete random in the New 52, at least for a while. Give his love life some flavour instead of the same old thing.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By Primmaster64

Meh, Have Superman be with Wonder Woman and I am happy.

Thorion88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By Thorion88

@Primmaster64: Aside from them being Justice Leaguers and heroes, they don't got exactly much in common, and aren't interesting enough to be a solid couple outside of a few issues/storylines. I may have supported this pairing in the past, but actually looking at it, this would be flipping boring.

However it would be interesting if Maxima was brought back, if I do say so myself.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By Rumble Man

Sending you hate vibes dude, but you are entitled to your opinion

hate vibes

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Thorion88: To each's own, get a good writer an badadbum!
     Agree on the Maxima part.

@Rumble Man
    LOL
    azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By azza04

Wonder Woman!

thewidowsbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By thewidowsbite

@Deranged Midget said:

Lana's image has forever be plagued by the horrible performance of Kristin Kreuk. And no, Superman's true love is Lois.

Um, no. Kristen Kreuk did an AMAZING job as Lana and her chemistry with Tom Welling was what made their relationship so believable. The only thing I didn't particularly care for in that version was her relationship with Lex, but even then Lana became a real cold bada$$ in season 6 like when she shot open Lex's briefcase and when she was willing to let him die in that cave-in, only agreeing to help Chloe save him when she knew Clark was trapped too. And Lois WAS Superman's true love. As of the new 52, all bets are off. It could be Lana, it could be Lois. Hell, it could be Batman if DC REALLY wanted to do something unexpected. That would be pretty interesting to see if not just once.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I don't think they should kill off Lois Lane because she is a very iconic character in pop culture history, but I would like to see Lana more often in the comics

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By weaponxx

@sethysquare: I whole heartily believe that Clark and Lana should have been together, but just in the show smallville, not necessarily in the comics. I don't care too much about his love interest in the comics. I also agree that Kristin Kreuk did an amazing job.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sethysquare

@weaponx said:

@sethysquare: I whole heartily believe that Clark and Lana should have been together, but just in the show smallville, not necessarily in the comics. I don't care too much about his love interest in the comics. I also agree that Kristin Kreuk did an amazing job.

I would love to see how they explore the relationship in the comics

Avatar image for livelaughlove1010
    LiveLaughLove1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved Lana at first but then after season 5 (talking about Smallville) I was really annoyed by her especially in Season 7. However Kristin Kreuk did an amazing job as Lana Lang and her chemistry with Clark Kent (Tom Welling) was great. Maybe if they didn't add the whole stupid Lex and Lana romance then I wouldn't be annoyed by Lana as much because she became a cold bitch greedy for power which caused her relationship to end with Clark in Season 8. I prefer Lois over Lana not just because she is Clark's true love in the comics but because Lois's role in Clark's life is crucial, as she provides him with an "anchor" to his humanity, allowing him to forge and sustain bonds with people and keep him human at heart so that she is able to "ground" him. It is also Lois's fierce belief and determination in Clark that helps him to embrace his destiny to become a hero. Lois believes in truth and justice, much like Clark and she goes to great lengths to fight social injustice as a reporter, and these traits in fact led him to fall in love with her. Her willingness to put herself in harms way for justice, shows that she is an altruistic spirit with a strong moral compass. In the epsiode "Isis", Clark took the courage to reveal to her that he was the Blur. She pounced on him in a romantic embrace, kissing him passionately and asking what took him so long. Lois already knew his secret and wanted to wait until he told her. She respects and loves him truly. Not that Lana did not love Clark, Lana was never meant for Clark they always had trouble in their relationship it would've never worked out. Lana was his high school sweetheart that helped Clark Kent to discover who he was but Lois his true love and soul mate helped Clark the man he needed and to have known to be and to fulfill his destiny as Superman.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By modernww2fare

I do agree that Lana is the better woman for Clark:

Loading Video...

In this series at least, she actually likes both sides of Clark unlike Lois. Lois treats Clark like crap, it's only when she knows he's Superman she likes him.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare said:

Lois treats Clark like crap, it's only when she knows he's Superman she likes him.

Which is, of course, absolutely false. Lois fell in love with Clark and agreed to marry him before she found out he was Superman.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare said:

Lois treats Clark like crap, it's only when she knows he's Superman she likes him.

Which is, of course, absolutely false. Lois fell in love with Clark and agreed to marry him before she found out he was Superman.

I'm talking about the Animated series.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lois is literally made to be Superman's true love. Lana was always meant as just a High School girl friend. Up until Smallville it was pretty well established that if forced to choose he will always pick Lois. In fact even now in the comics while he's in a relationship with Wonder Woman he's still got Lois on the brain because she is meant for him.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lois is literally made to be Superman's true love. Lana was always meant as just a High School girl friend. Up until Smallville it was pretty well established that if forced to choose he will always pick Lois. In fact even now in the comics while he's in a relationship with Wonder Woman he's still got Lois on the brain because she is meant for him.

True, but when she was created she was always nothing more than a damsel in distress for Superman to save.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By joshmightbe

@modernww2fare: Yea and Superman originally had no problem drop a crook off a 20 story building. Characters change but Superman and Lois Lane have but the one thing that has never changed in all the years theough all the retcons and reboots is that Clark loves Lois. Maybe he isn't always open about it but its always there.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lana is the perpetual runner-up. Her silver medal is Pete Ross (at least he can get her the employee discount at IHoP)

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
    BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethysquare: She is like Clark's bro, a romance would just be weird.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lana is awesome im loving the one in action comic makes me wonder why they werent together or broke uo cant remember.

winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reason I liked superman 3 was because of lana lang. Annette o'toole made lana a very sympathetic character. I'd rather see lana as Clarks wife, after all lois and clark have been seeing each other for 70 years! Time for something new guys.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I were Clark I would've chosen Lana

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lana is riding the Steel now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.